Just Some Thoughts On This Link

beachbum

Hello all,

I was just wondering thoughts on this link of breast cancer of ways to reduce estrogen and gut health is important just as much. There were some things I didn't understand and just wanted others opinions on why they said. There a part they suggest to reduce saturated fat and increase omega 3. .hmmm. They do mention charcoal for reducing estrogen, that was interesting, I thought I read Ray Peat saying this and a few members here.
http://www.breastcanceroptions.org/natural_substitutes_for_aromatase_inhibitors.pdf

Richiebogie

The later slide: "Toxic Range" puts fruit, greens and herbs as less toxic than omega 3 sources like nuts, seeds and meat (fish).

As cancer is related to inflammation I would minimise omega 6.

Ray Peat says that although omega 3 reduces inflammation this only happens because it destroys your immune system.

Ray says saturated fat is preferentially burned ahead of omega 3 and omega 6 and helps your mitochondria burn glucose efficiently = respiration = anti cancer. Coconut fat is a form of saturated fat that looks the most like human fat generated from excess carbs - even more so than grass fed lamb or beef fat.

Ray bases these findings on biochemistry and numerous studies.

If you like, compare how you feel eating fruit, coconut and low fat fish on week 1 versus linseed and salmon on week 2.

OP
beachbum

beachbum

Aaaaaah, Yesssssss very good. Thank you for putting that in a good perspective. I thought I read it as a not good way they said. I like my coconut oil, fruit, and occasional shrimp. Never liked salmon or linseed for that matter.

Richiebogie

Most nutritionists teach that whole grains, veggies, beans, lentils, seeds and fish oils are healthy foods, whereas fruit and animal foods are dangerous.

Maybe parts of that slideshow are unconsciously parroting those mainstream views.

Ray seems to be unique in his understanding of what is healthiest for the human!

OP
beachbum

beachbum

Most nutritionists teach that whole grains, veggies, beans, lentils, seeds and fish oils are healthy foods, whereas fruit and animal foods are dangerous.

Maybe parts of that slideshow are unconsciously parroting those mainstream views.

Ray seems to be unique in his understanding of what is healthiest for the human!
Exactly. . I was just thinking as I was watching TV seeing a commercial advertising probiotics and omega 3. I actually seen a job looking for a chef to cook keto meals.

Richiebogie

Keto seems to be the latest mainstream recommendation for diabetics.

Zucchini bread made from almond flour, olive oil, eggs, walnuts...!

It's difficult enough for elderly diabetics to change their lifestyle let alone go against their doctor's advice and increase fruit and fruit juice!

I was trying to get a 79 year old diabetic friend in a wheelchair to eat a bit more fruit but he's now stopped returning my phone calls!

Not sure if he felt better, worse or if someone told him how reckless we were being! They probably found my little parcel from Colombia in his fridge - diced mangos!