Cold Hands From Milk?

thms

Everytime i consume milk i get really cold freezing hands..

is this due a milk intollerance??

why does this happen

Prosper

Do you drink it cold? I have to put on some warm clothes every time I consume 1L of milk straight from the fridge.

OP
thms

thms

yes i drink it cold straight from the carton lactose free 1,5% milk
freezing right now after 1 liter

OP
thms

thms

also trouble foccusing on work related items....

Prosper

Yeah that is not uncommon. Just like a large cup of hot cocoa or coffee can make you feel warm, cold milk can make you feel cold. Trouble with focusing could be caused by increased blood flow from the brain into the stomach area in order to both digest the milk & maintain body temperatures.

Try opening the milk carton and keeping it in a room temperatures for half an hour before drinking it, or alternatively microwaving it, and see if the problem persists. Warm fatty milk is pretty tasty imo.

OP
thms

thms

ive drank it this morning and again around 12 o clock, its 4 o clock and hands are still freezing cold, heart rate is 48 bpm??

Waynish

It is "cooling" in the TCM paradigm. Also, many are allergic to it... Supposedly mostly due to its proteins - does it happen with goal milk, for example?

X3CyO

It could also be because of the amount of liquid in comparison to sodium.
Id try salting meals more in correspondance to how much is drunk throughout the day.

tara

Add sugar to the milk and drink the milk warm
+1
Also, try drinking one cup at a time, not a whole litre.

marteagal

OP, also worth considering when drinking milk straight from the fridge:

Such_Saturation said:
Lactase doesn't work below 37°C... but let's keep telling ourselves we are intolerant...

It works best at 37°C and up and at a pH of 6.

I can guarantee you I can drink a gallon a day, but if it's cold especially in the morning... bad day incoming.

I have never drunk cold milk again after reading the above sentences.

sladerunner69

Cold hands huhh.... have you taken your temperature and pulse after consuming milk and letting it digest for a while?

The imemdiate effects of codl ahnds could come down to a wide variety fo factors. Maybe you are ahving an allergic reaction.

peter88

Any dairy product produces the same effect for me. Getting protein from dairy doesn’t feel the same as meat. Must be some problem with breaking down the casein properly.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals