Aspirin: Testimonials, And Questions Answered

Pet Peeve

If that were me i'd stop the aspirin for a bit and see if it resolves. If it didn't, I'd be going to dr to rule out more serious trouble.

Yep, I have a fever too. I'll lay off the aspirin and see what happens.

AJC

Argh! I go to the toilet and when I wipe it's pure red blood, nothing else. Fistures? Hemoroids? I have been taking 1 - 2 grams per day with K2 Mk4 1,5 mg per 500 mg of aspirin.

And also ruling out a previous nights dinner of beets?

Pet Peeve

And also ruling out a previous nights dinner of beets?

Yes, it's blood. I thought it was diarrea but it was blood. I came home after a night out drinking beer and got really sick, fever with chills, nausea, headache etc. I have been on my couch turning around in pain for 18 hours. I think the bloodloss and the beer dehydrated me. Water helped.

No more aspirin. Some people get this effect with aspirin and coffee. Sometimes stopping coffee is all that is needed.

DaveFoster

Can someone fill me in on what's going on while dissolving aspirin with baking soda?

Hot water + animal aspirin powder + added baking until no further reaction takes place (fizzing) = water + baking soda on the bottom (saturated solution I guess?)

I leave this for a few minutes to cool, and the baking soda on the bottom seems hard and brittle, and there's this layer of what looks like aspirin on the top (floating like lily pads).

What's going on here? The sodium salicylate should be aqueous in the solution, but what is floating on the top?

DaveFoster

@ecstatichamster

Thanks for the advice; I'll try it. I did leave it for a while and the stuff floating on top seemed to dissipate, but the lighting hinted nothing of the color.

torontomike

I'm so conflicted about taking aspirin. I've taken it off and on. Now I'm considering it again as an anti-estrogenic compound. The research undeniably seems to indicate less cancer development for those who take aspirin regularly. Which makes perfect sense since cancer is fed by high estrogen levels and if aspirin prevents aromatization (of testosterone to estrogen) then it clearly also helps rid the body of (excess) estrogen, the worst being estradiol. But then I have concerns, for instance, look at the article I'm posting at the end of my commentary. I follow this doctor and he's always been right. To accredit him further, he changes his opinion in light of new data, so I like that, he's not "dogmatic" and open to new info and changing his position. This article sites the FDA which of course I do not trust. Let me know what you think of this article of his: FDA Reverses Its Position on Daily Aspirin Use

torontomike

of course not, you should take statins instead.

The FDA is the mouthpiece of Big Pharma and they fight everything that would be bad for the big drug companies.

I hate to make an ad hominem attack so to be specific there is so much evidence for aspirin that it's not even funny. Daily use of baby aspirin? Seems okay.
I agree about the FDA (Fool and Death Administration), they are completely controlled by Big Pharma. Thanks for your input, in the past I took 1000 mg of Aspirin 3x/week. How much do you recommend? Ray Peat has stated that if one is very healthy only 50-100 mg/day, which is basically the daily babe dose of 81 mg. Then others say to obtain real benefits, at least 500 mg a day, preferably at least 1000 mg. What is your opinion? I've been researching aspirin brands and it is almost impossible to find one without any excipients (binders, fillers, dye, preservatives, etc.).

L

lollipop

Hi @torontomike

Welcome to the forum :)

This is the one I use and can get on Amazon - cheap:

Bottled Aspirin 1000/bottle (NSAID) 325 mg. each Amazon.com: Bottled Aspirin 1000/bottle (NSAID) 325 mg. each: Health & Personal Care

I use Aspirin as needed. Not everyday. Sometimes I feel that estrogen overload, (funny how I recognize it in my body now), and I take two of these aspirin with 8oz 2% unhomogenized Pastured milk. I never have stomach issues from it. What I end up taking practically amounts to: two aspirin a week - or every two or three weeks. Some weeks with high high stress this might mean two times a week. I take a dose of K2 weekly and so far balances out the Aspirin. Have not noticed any concerns of blood thinning or stomach issues.

Hope this helps!

Also tbt...this trust in Aspirin by Ray almost kept me from reading more. It hit my belief system soooo strong. Before Ray, I literally had not taken one Aspirin in maybe 25yrs. The only pharmaceutical I had taken in all that time was simultaneous 3 rounds of antibiotics for a bone fracture from a rollerblade accident. After two weeks of this craziness, it ripped my gut up and it took one year to repair from the antibiotics.

Honestly though, I now see Aspirin as quite miraculous and it is forcing me to walk back strong entrenched positions.

torontomike

Hi @torontomike

Welcome to the forum :)

This is the one I use and can get on Amazon - cheap:

Bottled Aspirin 1000/bottle (NSAID) 325 mg. each Amazon.com: Bottled Aspirin 1000/bottle (NSAID) 325 mg. each: Health & Personal Care

I use Aspirin as needed. Not everyday. Sometimes I feel that estrogen overload, (funny how I recognize it in my body now), and I take two of these aspirin with 8oz 2% unhomogenized Pastured milk. I never have stomach issues from it. What I end up taking practically amounts to: two aspirin a week - or every two or three weeks. Some weeks with high high stress this might mean two times a week. I take a dose of K2 weekly and so far balances out the Aspirin. Have not noticed any concerns of blood thinning or stomach issues.

Hope this helps!

Also tbt...this trust in Aspirin by Ray almost kept me from reading more. It hit my belief system soooo strong. Before Ray, I literally had not taken one Aspirin in maybe 25yrs. The only pharmaceutical I had taken in all that time was simultaneous 3 rounds of antibiotics for a bone fracture from a rollerblade accident. After two weeks of this craziness, it ripped my gut up and it took one year to repair from the antibiotics.

Honestly though, I now see Aspirin as quite miraculous and it is forcing me to walk back strong entrenched positions.

Thanks very much for your reply. I was taking aspirin in the past as it was recommended by many medical sources, even as an anti-aging supplement, in this book I have for instance: The Life Extension Revolution: The New Science of Growing Older Without Aging: Philip Lee Miller, Monica Reinagel: 9780553384017: Amazon.com: Books

Anyway, I'm a very good researcher and I already came across that source of Aspirin from Amazon, alas, it doesn't ship to Canada which is where I'm from. So now my options are aspirin powder which vets give to pets. I don't see how humans could not take it? I'm still researching it, but if anyone has any other sources for aspirin or even the powder, I'd appreciate it, thanks!

torontomike

Thank you kindly. I had looked at the product you recommended on Amazon even though it was for animals. And after doing a little research I had determined that of course it is safe for humans and most importantly, pure. After your comment, I stopped sitting on the fence and ordered some. I'm looking forward to going back on Aspirin but without all the additives that I unknowingly was ingesting in the past, before I was reading labels and the fine print, thanks again!

torontomike

Very interesting discussion, thanks for all your input. Does anyone know Ray Peat's recommendations for coffee and aspirin, can they be taken at the same time? Coffee has blood thinning qualities too no? It seems that both coffee and aspirin shouldn't be taken on an empty stomach but with food, yes? But can you take your aspirin with your meal alongside your coffee, all at the same time?

Birdie

Very interesting discussion, thanks for all your input. Does anyone know Ray Peat's recommendations for coffee and aspirin, can they be taken at the same time? Coffee has blood thinning qualities too no? It seems that both coffee and aspirin shouldn't be taken on an empty stomach but with food, yes? But can you take your aspirin with your meal alongside your coffee, all at the same time?
Yes.