A Realisation - Why Doesn't Every Teenage Boy Have Prostate Cancer ?

x-ray peat

any thoughts on the potential zombie effect?
I found this here: Low-Dose Lithium: A Different, Important Tool | Psychiatric Times
"About 1 person in 10 to 15 gets dull, flat, and “blah” (the “lithium made me a zombie” effect, overrepresented in online testimonials). I explain to my patients in advance that if this happens, we’ll give up on it. This adverse effect does not diminish with time and generally persists even if the dose is reduced."
notice how the effect doesn't go away with time. Is lithium the new fluoride?

haidut

Forum Supporter
I found this here: Low-Dose Lithium: A Different, Important Tool | Psychiatric Times
"About 1 person in 10 to 15 gets dull, flat, and “blah” (the “lithium made me a zombie” effect, overrepresented in online testimonials). I explain to my patients in advance that if this happens, we’ll give up on it. This adverse effect does not diminish with time and generally persists even if the dose is reduced."

Lithium seems to reduce T levels for some people and this may be the reason for the dull feeling. I would try lithium with a small dose DHEA.

TubZy

Lithium seems to reduce T levels for some people and this may be the reason for the dull feeling. I would try lithium with a small dose DHEA.

It seems to reduce thyroid possibly? Not really sure.

Lithium and the thyroid

• Studies of lithium’s effect upon hyperthyroid conditions consistently demonstrate major regulation of thyroid hormones triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4). The most common cause of hyperthyroid hormones is Grave’s disease. In a study of lithium’s effect upon Grave’s disease, it was determined that lithium reduced T3 by 42% and T4 by 28%. These amazing changes occurred in just 7 days.

Tarmander

I used to use lithium chloride:

Amazon.com: Heritage Store - Lithia Water 4 oz: Health & Personal Care

The chloride form has a bad rap because peopled used it at a salt substitute and overdosed, but it raises levels of lithium in your body much much faster then the carbonate form. I remember I went a littl nuts when I first got it and started to get tremors and other Parkinson's like symptoms. It's strong, doesn't take much.

mujuro

Yes, ALL of them. It used to be the primary drug for "nervous" disorders about 100 years ago. Much like aspirin. Have a fit? Take lithium and call me in 2 weeks. Random outbursts at your family members or feeling murderous rage at the smallest provocation? Take lithium and call me in 2 weeks. Memory not working so well? Take lithium and call me in 2 weeks.

Lithium is to optimize cell functioning in the brain. They still need fuel, so sugar is needed. In micro doses (mcg to 5mg) lithium can have cognitive boosting effects. In those small doses it also doubled lifespan in animals. They found that after lithium was removed from groundwater in a few Texas towns that actually track of citizen lifespan, lifespan dropped 30% - 30% and all centenarians disappeared.

In some states they now put lithium in the drinking water.

Badger

Very low-dose lithium (HAS to be low dose or it fails) plus a polypeptide in colostrum stops Alzheimers from progressing, according to this 2016 Life Extension article:

New Method to Slow Brain Aging
http://www.lifeextension.com/Magazine/2016/SS/CoverBrainAging/Page-01
"This article reveals a novel and low-cost method of restoring cognitive function lost to normal aging. In order to understand how Alzheimer’s dementia develops, you should know the structural damage that occurs in your brain as a part of normal aging.

The major structural defects are:

Beta amyloid accumulation: Amyloid plaques are senile protein “clumps” that damage areas involved in memory consolidation. These plaques are highly toxic to neurons (brain cells).
Tau protein dysfunction: Healthy neurons are held together by a cellular skeleton made up of tau protein microtubules. When tau proteins are dysfunctional36 and abnormally accumulate,37 the consequence is cellular death. Neurofibrillary tangles: As damaged tau proteins accumulate, neurons become clogged with neurofibrillary tangles.38 This renders neurons dysfunctional.

In a stunning development, two natural factors have been discovered that protect against structural brain cell alterations observed in the elderly. These new neuro-protectors are microdose lithium and a colostrum-derived proline-rich polypeptide. Published studies reveal how these two nutrients can stabilize cognitive function, slow Alzheimer’s progression and possibly reverse it. These discoveries provide an easy way to protect against senile changes that up until now were thought to be unavoidable. Lithium acts by inhibiting an enzyme called GSK-3 that causes the formation of abnormaltau proteins39 and neurofibrillary tangles. These “tangles” destroy brain cells and impair memory.40,41 Proline-rich polypeptide alters the expression of genes involved in beta amyloid formation and in tau protein damage that contributes to brain cell destruction.42,43 This “mother’s milk” extract has been shown to produce meaningful improvements in cognitive function and daily living activities in human studies. Additional research demonstrates an increase in new nerve cell growth and connectivity.43,44."

REOSIRENS

Lithium makes my teeth very strong and don't give me this kind of calcium nerve over excitation... Lithium stimulates quite a lot metabolism is only thing plus thyroid that takes cyproheptadine zombie/sleepiness state away ... And you have to check what kind of lithium you take because there are plenty of lithium forms... Carbonate chloride orotate

REOSIRENS

In terms of prostate cancer and prostate maladies... I think it is estrogen/serotonin/prolactin triangle playing its nastiness... A healthy teenage boy doesn't have high serotonin/estrogen/prolactin...

haidut

Forum Supporter
It seems to reduce thyroid possibly? Not really sure.

Lithium and the thyroid

• Studies of lithium’s effect upon hyperthyroid conditions consistently demonstrate major regulation of thyroid hormones triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4). The most common cause of hyperthyroid hormones is Grave’s disease. In a study of lithium’s effect upon Grave’s disease, it was determined that lithium reduced T3 by 42% and T4 by 28%. These amazing changes occurred in just 7 days.

Yes, it can but only in the crazy doses used as prescription drug - 50mg+ daily. In the lower doses (5mg or less) it should stimulate thyroid function actually. Peat says sodium is safer and can do most/all lithium can but the dose is probably much higher - 10g+ to achieve similar effects.

x-ray peat

Yes, it can but only in the crazy doses used as prescription drug - 50mg+ daily. In the lower doses (5mg or less) it should stimulate thyroid function actually. Peat says sodium is safer and can do most/all lithium can but the dose is probably much higher - 10g+ to achieve similar effects.
when a psychiatrist says low dose is that different than what we are talking about. What kind of blood levels would one get with a typical low does of lithium. This article which I posted before says that low dose lithium can lead to hypothyroidism
http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/bipolar-disorder/low-dose-lithium-different-important-tool
"Thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) levels must be monitored even with low-dose lithium. In women, induction of hypothyroidism is extremely common—and almost predictable in women with a family history of thyroid problems. The latter may be an uncovering of an autoimmune disorder. If your patient has a high-normal TSH value before lithium (eg, 2.5 mIU/L or above, and certainly above 3 mIU/L), she is at even higher risk for lithium-induced hypothyroidism.1"

High_Prob

Very low-dose lithium (HAS to be low dose or it fails) plus a polypeptide in colostrum stops Alzheimers from progressing, according to this 2016 Life Extension article:

New Method to Slow Brain Aging
http://www.lifeextension.com/Magazine/2016/SS/CoverBrainAging/Page-01
"This article reveals a novel and low-cost method of restoring cognitive function lost to normal aging. In order to understand how Alzheimer’s dementia develops, you should know the structural damage that occurs in your brain as a part of normal aging.

The major structural defects are:

Beta amyloid accumulation: Amyloid plaques are senile protein “clumps” that damage areas involved in memory consolidation. These plaques are highly toxic to neurons (brain cells).
Tau protein dysfunction: Healthy neurons are held together by a cellular skeleton made up of tau protein microtubules. When tau proteins are dysfunctional36 and abnormally accumulate,37 the consequence is cellular death. Neurofibrillary tangles: As damaged tau proteins accumulate, neurons become clogged with neurofibrillary tangles.38 This renders neurons dysfunctional.

In a stunning development, two natural factors have been discovered that protect against structural brain cell alterations observed in the elderly. These new neuro-protectors are microdose lithium and a colostrum-derived proline-rich polypeptide. Published studies reveal how these two nutrients can stabilize cognitive function, slow Alzheimer’s progression and possibly reverse it. These discoveries provide an easy way to protect against senile changes that up until now were thought to be unavoidable. Lithium acts by inhibiting an enzyme called GSK-3 that causes the formation of abnormaltau proteins39 and neurofibrillary tangles. These “tangles” destroy brain cells and impair memory.40,41 Proline-rich polypeptide alters the expression of genes involved in beta amyloid formation and in tau protein damage that contributes to brain cell destruction.42,43 This “mother’s milk” extract has been shown to produce meaningful improvements in cognitive function and daily living activities in human studies. Additional research demonstrates an increase in new nerve cell growth and connectivity.43,44."

That is exactly what I take, the product is called Memory Protect...

haidut

Forum Supporter
when a psychiatrist says low dose is that different than what we are talking about. What kind of blood levels would one get with a typical low does of lithium. This article which I posted before says that low dose lithium can lead to hypothyroidism
Low-Dose Lithium: A Different, Important Tool | Psychiatric Times
"Thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) levels must be monitored even with low-dose lithium. In women, induction of hypothyroidism is extremely common—and almost predictable in women with a family history of thyroid problems. The latter may be an uncovering of an autoimmune disorder. If your patient has a high-normal TSH value before lithium (eg, 2.5 mIU/L or above, and certainly above 3 mIU/L), she is at even higher risk for lithium-induced hypothyroidism.1"

I want to see what they mean by low dose. Based on the concentrations they listed it would still be in the 25mg daily dose range, which is still quite high. I don't think 5mg has thyroid suppressive effects. The old 7UP formulation had 1mg per can as far as I remember and there was no epidemic of hypothyroidism back in the first half of the 20th century - quite to the contrary actually.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

but why would baldness and prostate problems be the same problem ?

What's the connection between them ?

haidut

Forum Supporter
but why would baldness and prostate problems be the same problem ?

What's the connection between them ?

They seem to be almost perfectly correlated. When you have an r=0.93 between two variables, and this has been observed over such a vast population of patients the links is definitely there. So, since baldness was thought to be proven to be caused by DHT, by association the assumption was that DHT is the bad guy in BPH and prostate cancer as well. But that was never actually proven as it would require doing an actual clinical trial with DHT to see if men would go bald and get prostate problems, which is considered unethical since DHT is already assumed to be bad. So, it's a catch 22. But other trials with DHT have been done for other reasons and the men did not develop neither baldness nor prostate problems. The doses used were as high as 80mg daily. However, because of those men being not randomly selected the findings of those studies that DHT is harmless are not considered acceptable as the argument is that maybe the specific group of men that were picked for those studies were simply somehow resilient to the bad effects of DHT. So, I am afraid we will have to wait until somebody "miraculously" gets their prostate cancer cured by DHT injections (ala the testosterone study in prostate cancer) and only then the mainstream science will (maybe) start paying attention to DHT. But it would mean killing the sales of anti-androgen drugs that make billions for their companies every year. I just don't see it happening, so even if DHT regains its good reputation it will be kept as a watercooler secret not to be discussed in the open unless you want to get fired.

Base Ball

In terms of prostate cancer and prostate maladies... I think it is estrogen/serotonin/prolactin triangle playing its nastiness... A healthy teenage boy doesn't have high serotonin/estrogen/prolactin...

I agree. Androgen deprevation treatment raises the level of these stress hormones. If anyone gets treated with flutamide, casodex, lupron or any of the DHT blockers, just check the estrogen, serotonin, and prolactin on your blood work for proof.

haidut

Forum Supporter

haidut

Forum Supporter
3-alpha HSD

I don't think 3a-HSD converts DHT back to T. It converts DHT into androstanediol and vice versa. To my knowledge there is no enzyme that can convert DHT into an unsaturated steroid like T.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals