Fully Hydrogenated Coconut Oil Source

Orion

Hey guys is this the fully-hydrogenated coconut oil recommended?

Coconut Oil (92 degree)

Ordered this one and was delivered quickly, been testing it out. Seems to upset my stomach/digestion and cause headache at 1 TBsp... could have fillers, or might just have been antimicrobial effect?

Taking a break and will test again later. My food staples are strict, so this seems like the culprit.

Birdie

I just ordered the one that somebody on the other thread said Ray recommended. TKB.
Used PayPal. We'll see about the smell and the card heist possibility.
Hope it's good.

Gadsie

I just got my TKB hydrogenated coconut oil, it tastes pretty gross, I don't care, but I wonder if it's safe.

Birdie

I just got my TKB hydrogenated coconut oil, it tastes pretty gross, I don't care, but I wonder if it's safe.
Mine's still in the pantry. Am using up my supply of unrefined.
I do care about the taste. Oh, no. Thanks for the update.

Sheik

Is it sort of plastic-y? I wonder the same thing, if it's safe/normal or if that's just what hydrogenated coconut oil is supposed to taste like. If so I have to admit that regular refined coconut oil tastes better for french fries.

Gadsie

Is it sort of plastic-y? I wonder the same thing, if it's safe/normal or if that's just what hydrogenated coconut oil is supposed to taste like. If so I have to admit that regular refined coconut oil tastes better for french fries.

The best way I can describe it is actually a bit rancid. Have you ever rubbed virgin coconut oil on your face? Probably not, but the way virgin coconut oil starts to smell after a while on your skin, that's how this oil tastes. It's fine for frying in, but I wouldn't deep fry in it. I might send it to a lab if I can find one to see if the fatty acid profile on the website is correct

Gadsie

What I also find quite weird is that the TKB coconut oil is equally if not softer than my regular coconut oil in my 20 degree C house...

Orion

The one I ordered is much harder than regular coconut oil, and melts at the higher temp. It has no smell and is pretty much tasteless.

Using about 1-3 teaspoons per day and no negative reactions now.

Gadsie

The one I ordered is much harder than regular coconut oil, and melts at the higher temp. It has no smell and is pretty much tasteless.

Using about 1-3 teaspoons per day and no negative reactions now.
What source?

grenade

I just ordered a small batch of the Bulk Apothecary hydrogenated coconut oil. I'll report back my thoughts on it.

Whenever I run out, I'll reach out to WHC and see of I can get a sample before having to committ to 5 gallons. They're within driving distance from me so maybe they'll let me purchase a small batch in person.

Gadsie

I just ordered a small batch of the Bulk Apothecary hydrogenated coconut oil. I'll report back my thoughts on it.

Whenever I run out, I'll reach out to WHC and see of I can get a sample before having to committ to 5 gallons. They're within driving distance from me so maybe they'll let me purchase a small batch in person.

Thanks, let me know how it tastes, I'd really like a tasteless hydrogenated one

grenade

Thanks, let me know how it tastes, I'd really like a tasteless hydrogenated one

Bulk Apothecary's hydrogenated CO is the bomb diggity. It stayed solid despite being outside on a hot day, it's totally tasteless/scentless, and eating potatoes fried in it made my temps go up to 99.4.

tankasnowgod

Got my 92 degree Coconut Oil from Bulk Apothecary today. Shipping took about a week, which is good, since it was going ground transport across country.

Used it today, totally tasteless and scentless, and it has the temperature raising effects that I've experienced from other brands.

Also purchased some of their MCT oil.

Sheik

I'll order from Bulk Apothecary next so I can compare it with TKB's plastic-y tasting oil. BA is cheaper anyway.