I Want To Sleep

XPlus

ِI'd assess thyroid status first. It's the basic thing.
And then make sure I'm getting enough food throughout the day - with some extra carbs before bed.
If you're used to starvation for a long time, that's where you probably should start.

OP
Bahaa El wazzan
ِI'd assess thyroid status first. It's the basic thing.
And then make sure I'm getting enough food throughout the day - with some extra carbs before bed.
If you're used to starvation for a long time, that's where you probably should start.
Oh my goodness man

You're probably right

I'm keeping nowadays my orange juice gallon next to the bed even

So whenever I wake up

I drink like half a cup and sleep again

Now I'm into 1 gallon orange juice

And one gallon milk

Thanks a lot

nad

Made me sleepy but couldn't fall asleep, though it did make me horny.
That's me! But not because of niacinamide, probably RLS, whole body restless syndrom with me, VERY sleepy, falling asleep for a second and then like something kick me in the nerve and make me torn and toss - thousand times! Again and again. For hours. Night after night. Start to whine like a homeless dog, but want to wail. Wondering that I'm still not batty. Sometimes homeopaty helps for a while. Maybe somebody know the remedy? Really need help!

encerent

That's me! But not because of niacinamide, probably RLS, whole body restless syndrom with me, VERY sleepy, falling asleep for a second and then like something kick me in the nerve and make me torn and toss - thousand times! Again and again. For hours. Night after night. Start to whine like a homeless dog, but want to wail. Wondering that I'm still not batty. Sometimes homeopaty helps for a while. Maybe somebody know the remedy? Really need help!

Could be obstructive sleep apnea, which is very very common nowadays.

Once you start falling asleep, for whatever reason your airway collapses, so you can't breath. This will kick you awake again.

nad

Could be
obstructive sleep apnea, which is very very common nowadays.
Once you start falling asleep, for whatever reason your airway collapses, so you can't breath. This will kick you awake again.

Thank you for reply, but it's not an apnea, which I also btw have sometimes, so I know the difference. What I have is kind of restless legs sindrome but most of time not just legs - urgency to change body position. If frequency is once at lets say every minute, you can be in time to start falling asleep, but if it'i every few seconds...:eek: I don't wish it even to worst enemy.

OP
Bahaa El wazzan
From like 15 years @nad i never slept good

Then after tara tlked to me about it in a comment i donno where

I start using it

Oh my god nad

I sleep like a baby and i smell milky like them too...

Now i sleep 7 hours at night warm warm

And 1 hour at 4 pm after work

Gelatine is so delicious with cold milk and sugar

I added to soup
Milk
Orange juice

But 50 grams will make you sleep for the first time/night for like 9 hours

Gelatin will repair everytjing else too

Read ray article abt gelatine

OP
Bahaa El wazzan
Could be obstructive sleep apnea, which is very very common nowadays.

If thats your case
I used to be like you
Maybe more
But try to

Drink every 4 hours
500 ml water + 1/2 spoon tea spoon salt sea salt

I believe the moment you drink you will feel alive again

Tourist

Yes, best to take with other food or juice etc. maybe just use gelatin if you are going to do it on empty stomach?

So frustrating to read contradictory info here. I also asked about Glycine and was told that aa should always be taken on an empty stomach

L

lollipop

So frustrating to read contradictory info here. I also asked about Glycine and was told that aa should always be taken on an empty stomach
This is why Perceive, Think, Act. Everyone is different and responds differently. Health is an individual journey needing individual experimentation. Understanding basic biochemical principles helps and is partially why I love this forum :): great deepening of my knowledge base.

B

Braveheart

This is why Perceive, Think, Act. Everyone is different and responds differently. Health is an individual journey needing individual experimentation. Understanding basic biochemical principles helps and is partially why I love this forum :) great deepening of my knowledge base.
you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink or maybe....you can lead a human to knowledge, but you can't make him think...?

Tourist

The time taken to write snarky comments could have been used to help, but u took the low road.

Very anti-Ray

L

lollipop

Hi @Tourist, I also did not interpret his comment as a statement about you. I took it as a statement about Ray's theories in general. The Perceive, Think, Act is truely a concept not applied very often in today's world. I honestly wouldn't take offense. If I felt it was a jab at you, I would have defended you.

On another note, your frustration and confusion was also my experience when I first began this journey. It took me at least a year to tease out the concepts and another year of full on experimentation with my intuition to begin seeing what worked and what did not. Truth is, I am still a work in process. I think I have figured something out and then everything changes - lol. So stay tenacious and you shall find your own way! Also I love how you are asking a lot of questions. Smart really and will help you along the way soooo much.

Cheers!

shepherdgirl

@Bahaa El wazzan
There could be many reasons why you are not sleeping.
I was waking up a couple times in the night. I believe it was stress hormones from my liver running out of sugar.
What seems to help me is to make a gelatin pudding with milk(skim and 1 percent) salt, sugar and casein, and to take some taurine also before bed. i bloom the gelatin before adding to milk. Also eating enough at dinner time. I think some oj would also be helpful to load up your liver.
Also before i found casein and taurine, I figured my liver was not optimal, since i could not store enough glycogen to sleep through the night, so i tried drinking more and more coffee (somewhere on here is a post about how coffee helps the liver). That also may have helped me. My tolerance for coffee is greatly improved, and i think that is an indication of my improving liver health.
Best of luck figuring it out.

Tourist

What a gem of a movie--fantastic on so many levels. Touching a so informative. Thank you so much for sharing this. Did you end up trying the 1/2 sheet and did you like it? Do you have an opinion on earthing mats by Tylson? I am not mechanical by any stretch so i have to keep it simple here. Any more thoughts to help a newbie who wants to try indoor earthing? I do barefoot as much as possible weather permitting. I'd love to conquer insomnia so I'm willing to try this. Thanks for any feedback :)

Hi! Now something completely different (way-off the Peat Diet topics):

I have solved the sleep & health problems of one of my high school friend's family back in Germany and several other people here in Reno. And it has to do with 'earth energies', if you could stay with me for a while, since this is very controversial. It started with the illness and death of my dear father, you contracted stomach cancer and passed away while I was 18 years old. He was 52 years old at the time, it was horrifying to watch what he had to go through. After a few years later, my mom had a dowser come to check her bedroom and the dowser found a crossing of 'water veins' (Wasser Adern) at the bed place of my father. 'Water veins' are the most common expression of some noxious energy but are not necessarily water veins. Well, this caught my attention and I researched the literature. Two physicians, Dr. Manfred Curry and Dr. Ernst Hartmann, discovered so-called grid-systems ('Curry Grid' & 'Hartmann Grid'). The crossing of those grid lines can affect ones health and sleep. In the late 1970s or early 1980s, I started to learn dowsing.

Here a detailed story from my high school friend Klaus, his wife Gabi, and their youngest son Marco:

After they got married (some 35 years ago), they bought a flat-roof house and eventually added a second floor, and they moved the bedrooms upstairs. Then their sleep & health problems started. When I heard about it, I dowsed for these noxious zones in the downstairs dining/living room (above which the bedrooms were located) and found a strong 'line' that went through the room. They moved their bed accordingly and found relief. Marco's bedroom was also compromised. He did not finish high school but only middle school and in Germany, you can get a middle school diploma, so for that achievement, Klaus & Gabi built him a bed located into the corner of his bedroom, which avoided the noxious energy 'line'. He not only started to sleep better but he became interested again in higher education. He went back to school, his grades improved dramatically (almost top of class), and finished high school and went on to attend the university!! He now has a great job with the German Bundesbahn. Quite amazing story, just with a small change in the location of the bed! Over the years, they noticed that plants in their indoor planter, which is the divider between their living and dining room(s), had some areas where plants just wouldn't prosper. Plants would get flees, had mediocre growth, they were getting into a sad state. This was where this noxious energy 'line' were going through their house. Also in the front- and backyards, plants were not doing well on this 'line'. I read about this phenomena many times in the dowsing literature.

I also have helped a family here in Reno, all of which have had sleep problems. The teenager boy had ADHD, did not sleep through the night and of course can't concentrate in school because of this. I had experimented with shielding & grounding the bed (see Dr. James Oschman, Clint Ober, book 'Earthing', or the video 'Grounding - The Movie'). I met Dr. Oschman 15 years ago and we discussed the benefit of sleeping grounded. Since my father's passing, I always slept with a grounded metal screen underneath my mattress but was not in physical contact with the ground. Dr. Oschman believed that by not being grounded, one would lose electrons due to static electricity build up from friction of the pajama and the bed sheets, etc. He also gave me a grounding set to try out, which I did. I did not notice any difference during my sleep being actually in electrical contact with the ground. But then I remembered his comment of 'loosing electrons'. So if loosing electrons is bad, then why not give yourself some extra electrons? So I cut the grounding wire in the middle and inserted three 9V batteries in series, with the negative pol to the grounding pad and the positive pol to ground. There is no current flowing, it is an 'open circuit'. So I went to sleep, with the expectation of sleeping really well. Not so! I woke up from terrible nightmares! I had to disconnect the batteries and continued my sleep just grounded. The next night I switched the polarity of the batteries, so I connected the positive pole to the grounding pad and the negative pol to ground, sleeping on a positive 27V potential (comes to mind the funny part of Young Frankenstein, where Gene Wilder in his role as Dr. Fankenstein reads out loud notes from his father's journal about the discovery with the switching in polarity...) I slept through the night without noticing any difference from just sleeping grounded. Now a friend of mine replicated this with a 100V dry-cell battery and a conductive fabric. He also started with the negative polarity and told me that not only had he had the worst nightmares of his life but also that the dream content was absolutely disgusting! He also woke up and had to disconnect the battery to continue his sleep normally. The next night he switched the polarity and again, with no difference to sleeping just grounded (or no ground at all)!

So back to the teenager. I provided a roll of aluminum fly screen from Home Depot and made a cable connected to the safety ground of an AC-plug with a single 9V battery connected between ground and the wire that would go to the aluminum screen. With the positive pol going to the screen, of course. I gave the grandmother, who is taking care of the boy, instructions to put the screen underneath the mattress and to connect the open end of the cable to the screen and then plug the other end with the safety ground plug into the power outlet next to the bed. Since that very night, the boy now sleeps through each night and is completely 'transformed'. He no longer is jumpy and nervous but is now very calm, his ADHD is gone! In the same household also lives an adult man with autism, and a younger boy with seizures, all of them have sleep problems. I learned about the condition of this family piece by piece, and each time, adding the screen with the grounding wire & 9V battery did the trick! The younger boy has no more seizures. I asked to visit the home to see what is wrong with it but haven't succeeded in this yet - but hope to do this in the near future. I told them they should move to a different home. The 'shielding' somehow works, I don't know why and I don't know if that really gets rid of the underlying problem. Moving the bed (or moving into a better home) is probably better in the long term.

You can also purchase earthing bed sheets on Amazon. They come with a grounding wire and an AC plug tester that measures proper safety ground connection in the home wiring. I tested sleeping on this grounded bed sheet. I noticed, as was also reported, a slight increase of my heart rate when lying down. I wonder if the grounding sheet affects the natural polarity pulsing from the heart (as it is picked up with ECG equipment) across the body, by sort of shortening it out? I am going to order a half-sheet, then only the legs will be in contact with the grounding sheet.

Other things that have benefited my sleep and/or caused vivid dreaming: The 'Earth Pulse' device and Slim Spurling's 'Acu-Vac' coil . The Acu-Vac coil is most bizarre but works. Here another story: Years ago, I brought my Acu-Vac coil with me to Germany on a visit and lend it to my friends Klaus & Gabi. Both of them felt like sleeping in a 'cocoon', a very pleasant feeling. Then they gave it to their son Marco to try out and he slept so well with it that he would not want to return it, so I had to have him keep it!! After months he would occasionally lend it back to his parents, only to demand it back after a few nights!

Acu-Vac Coils

PEMF Therapy: Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy vs. Nighttime PEMF

The Earth Pulse produces magnetic pulses that relate to the brain's frequencies during different sleep stages, so it induces these sleep stages during sleep. You get lulled into sleep and it wakes you up after the programmed time has lapsed. My son and my younger brother in Germany use it, too. There are videos online that show dramatic improvements of an elderly man with Parkinson's.

There is so much more to talk about this...

With best wishes, Stephan