Starting To Hate Sugar

aliciahere

Make homemade French fries with coconut oil! They are delicious. I parboil mine in the microwave for 5 min, drain, add coconut oil and lots of salt, bake for 15-20 min at a 500 F oven

Mmmmmm

REOSIRENS

Orange juice is very bad for me...But progesterone seems helping my body accept orange juice... But I think orange juice trouble is citric acid... Citric acid increases prolactin and parathyroid hormone... So we probably need essentially thyroid progesterone and calcium to handle this... Salt helps as well

Birdie

Make homemade French fries with coconut oil! They are delicious. I parboil mine in the microwave for 5 min, drain, add coconut oil and lots of salt, bake for 15-20 min at a 500 F oven

Mmmmmm
I've done this for my husband. I get to smell them at least!

kaybb

If I feel a cold coming on, it helps me to have a plan outlined on the medicine cabinet door. I took several Peat suggestions and made a list. Then, if I feel something coming on, I use stuff on the list, put the date down and the results. So far so good. I don't find mine relate to sugar but fatigue would be a possible cause for me.
This is making sense, maybe when I am fatigued I am over doing the sugar.
Could you share what Is on your list? I am in the middle of another terrible cold that's put me down for a week & still fighting it. I have had things in the past I used but some of them arent made anymore. I would really appreciate it!

Birdie

@kaybb

Okay. I think I got the ideas from Ray here and there.

100mg amoxicillin 2x/da sometimes for 1 day, sometimes 2 or 3 days
Extra Progest E
Baking soda 1/4 t in oj (or water) 3 doses usually
Bag breathing (sometimes)
Tape mouth for sleep
Charcoal middle of night (away from food)
Aspirin (I take 2 every night, so add extra here)

The thing that I find hard is that I always want to deny a cold is coming on.
I have to get myself going on the routine anyway.
My sticky note title is: Sore Throat Worn Down.... if it said Cold, I might ignore it.;)

Birdie

Orange juice is very bad for me...But progesterone seems helping my body accept orange juice... But I think orange juice trouble is citric acid... Citric acid increases prolactin and parathyroid hormone... So we probably need essentially thyroid progesterone and calcium to handle this... Salt helps as well
I have to drink 1/2 water with oj. I add baking soda to it.
I know Ray points out it has good minerals and wish I could drink more. Also the naringenin!
But, it's also high in arginine, which doesn't work for me.

He hasn't mentioned an oj problem with prolactin and PTH.

The oj recommendation is one part of the program I have to modify.

Last edited:

tara

Also, I love sugar --ice cream, OJ, chocolate, Pepsi, fruit....but I can get sore throats and colds/ sick like symptoms sometimes from the sweet food :/ I wish I didn't love it so much. And I don't understand why, when it's so peaty.
I've had some colds over the years that arose after particularly heavy binges on refined sucrose. No such pattern after lots of sugars from more complete foods like fruit and juice.

Could you share what Is on your list? I am in the middle of another terrible cold that's put me down for a week & still fighting it.
In addition to the mouth tape on Birdies's list, and making sure I'm up with Mg, Ca, B-vits, etc, I've started gargling a little zinc if I start to feel a sore throat starting. Not sure if it's still helpful once you are in the middle of it.

Birdie

Yes, I'd sure like to know if anybody ever has been able to block a cold once it gets going.

Maybe antibiotics. And of course I was one of those early on who scoffed at using antibiotics for a viral infection. Never occurred to me that they might work on inflammation, that they might work without hitting the virus itself but still be helpful.

Remember the old orthomolecular medicine advice, "When you have a cold it will take 7 to 10 days to get over it with antibiotics and the same 7 to 10 days without antibiotics." Isn't it great to find out you are wrong !

And on the sugar subject, there I was very wrong to think it was dangerous for most of my life.
But, I, like @lampofred had been getting sick of plain sugar lately... in coffee.
I just had to start adding vanilla or maple syrup or cinnamon. Maybe just too much of the same thing.

tara

Yes, I'd sure like to know if anybody ever has been able to block a cold once it gets going.
Yeah. But the mouth tape at night really does seem to reduce the symptoms and shorten the duration of colds for me, especially cutting off the long coughing tail that could drag on for a couple of weeks after the rest of it was over.

Stryker

more potassium less liquid

I get the same thing from eating gelatin lollies

johnwester130

sugar needs

b1 (maybe use the activated form)
riboflavin
niacinamide

b6
and biotin

to work

b1 and niacinamide are most important

Birdie

more potassium less liquid

I get the same thing from eating gelatin lollies
Where is the more potassium less liquid question?
And what same thing do you get from those lollies?

kaybb

I've had some colds over the years that arose after particularly heavy binges on refined sucrose. No such pattern after lots of sugars from more complete foods like fruit and juice.

In addition to the mouth tape on Birdies's list, and making sure I'm up with Mg, Ca, B-vits, etc, I've started gargling a little zinc if I start to feel a sore throat starting. Not sure if it's still helpful once you are in the middle of it.
Oh, great info. I'm going to be trying these. I was behind on my mg. injections when I became ill this time. Thank you!

kaybb

@kaybb

Extra Progest E
Tape mouth for sleep

My sticky note title is: Sore Throat Worn Down.... if it said Cold, I might ignore it.;)
I can relate to that sticky note! And ignoring the "cold". This gives me hope though. I am going to gather list and be ready & give it a try. Thanks so much!

Stryker

Where is the more potassium less liquid question?
And what same thing do you get from those lollies?
I'm getting more and more disgusted by sweet things for some reason. I used to love milk with sugar when I started following Peat but now even milk by itself is too sweet for me. Orange juice is too sweet, apples and blueberries are too sweet, etc. Coke is still good but that's because I enjoy mainly the carbonation. Coke is the only source of sugar I can still stand. I can't drink milk and OJ without wanting to throw up, and I drink my coffee black now.

On the other hand, I'm not sick of starch (potatoes, rice), so it's just the fructose that I don't like anymore. I also have a mild craving for fries/fried chicken with ketchup. Basically deep fried and salty food in general. I'm thinking about just going for it because as much as I like and trust Peat, I trust my cravings more.

What does it mean that I don't like fructose anymore? Is my sugar oxidation getting worse?

Heaps of carbs without potassium make me feel sickened by the thought of more carbs.

i could eat a 2kg bag of potatoes in one sitting and still have appetite for another source of carbs or simple sugars

kaybb

@kaybb

Extra Progest E
Tape mouth for sleep

quick question - where to you get amoxicillin antibiotic? And also brand of cascara....I have bee on the hunt for good sources. Thanks!

Birdie

@Stryker do you find the potassium effective in supplemental form, or is it just food sources?
Heaps of carbs without potassium make me feel sickened by the thought of more carbs.

i could eat a 2kg bag of potatoes in one sitting and still have appetite for another source of carbs or simple sugars
Oh, thanks, now I get what you meant.
In my case, it's being tired of plain sugar. I think.
Because, when I add vanilla or something to the sugar, then it's good.
I still want something sweet (always) but not plain sugar sometimes.

I'll have to think about the potassium connection too.

tara

I think I recognise this.
And also brand of cascara....
I'm can't speak to quality - don't know how it compares, but I've used NOW foods capsules from iherb. There may be better sources, but this one was easy to get. I open the capsules and brew the contents into tea, and mostly avoid drinking the sediment - I figure this way I probably avoid most of the particulate. 1/2 capsule is usually enough to help get things moving for me, and I only use it occasionally.

Xisca

Maybe you have eaten too much fora while, so your body reacts!
My experience is that I can take only very Little sweet stuff at a time, and reapeat more often.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals