Hormonal Connection To Dopamine/Happiness/Mental Health

Jsaute21

I am someone that suffers from OCD. There were signs of it in my teens, but would go away unless triggered. In my mid to late 20's it has become quite the cross to bear. Finding Peat has helped, as i was definitely in a hypo state before i found him. (Found him 6 months ago.)

A.) Wondering any ways some of you have alleviated OCD symptoms?

B.) Do you think it is hormonally related? I have a decent hormonal profile through bloods and personally believe them to be independent issues.

Constatine

I eliminated ocd symptoms by avoiding excess stimulus (especially electronic in nature) and by improving neurosteroid profile. Allopregnanolone and other such neurosteroids are definitely involved in ocd like behavior.
Neurosteroids modulate compulsive and persistent behavior in rodents: implications for obsessive-compulsive disorder. - PubMed - NCBI
Dopamine receptor density and serotoin levels should also be addressed (these are influenced by neurosteroids). If your androgens are already high I would try increasing the 5-ar enzyme for a better neurosteroid profile. To do this try consuming more glycine, maybe supplement 5a-dhp, avoid binging on any stimulus, try Nofap (to restore the reward system which is a huge factor in ocd), get adequate sunlight, and exercise of course.

pboy

most people due to nutritional imbalances or other things have some 'loose water' in their system and this is behind a lot of nervous or nerutic things...there seems to be 'something haunting' in the background. It can be alleviated by positive hormones from feeling doing, done, right good things, be in a flow of growth, dopamine is a big part behind this, sunlight is big, and having heart rate up and in general progressing/interacting, but also sometimes slowing down and looking at it can help solve it granted though this can if not careful let the therefore stress signals 'depress you' its a fine balance...if everything isn't shored up I think the body is inclined to put out serotonin, NO, or lower thyroid, but that can leave a person less functional potentially though the mind might not feel as nervous or shaky, but if you can manage to stabilize is as you go you can stave those things off

OP
J

Jsaute21

Damn, two very helpful posts @Constatine @pboy. I think you both are right. My T and free T are high but DHT is relatively low. I do think improving 5ARshould be a priority. What are your thoughts on 5adhp @Constatine? It seems as if shutdown is improbable unless used irresponsibly. And to your point @pboy so much of it is directly tied to specific situations and handling disappointment better. When I or someone else gets in a state of self pity it can be hard to escape the learned helplessness.

Constatine

5a-dhp seems safe especially in low doses. As its a direct precursor to allopreg you don't need a hefty dose to get an effect. 1 - 3mg should be enough. At this dose shutdown is impossible, it will upregulate 5-ar also.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals