Increasing Body Temperature?

Samya

Hi there,

I don't follow any particular/strict diet anymore but have recently started looking into the ideas on this forum after adding plenty of milk and potatoes back to my diet (after a few years of on/off low carbing) and looking/feeling much better for it.

I'm a tall/lean guy and can easily tell when my body temp drops as my hands/feet go cold and I become very sensitive to the cold. So far I've found the most effective way to bring my temperature up is to eat plenty of meat, but the bodyheat only lasts a few hours before my hands go cold again. When drinking 1-2 litres of whole milk I feel good but I'm still very sensitive to the cold. I'm thinking maybe using a lower fat milk will help?

I can't really tolerate refined sugars or fruit very well as they leave me with an annoying sweet taste in my mouth for hours after eating. The sugars in milk or potatoes (eaten with meat) seem to be ok, perhaps due to the additional fat content.

Thanks for any tips.

Last edited:

Matt1951

Transition yourself to a quart of orange juice daily. You can tolerate it. Lower fat calories to no more than 30% of total calories. You should get warmer then. Keep up with the milk and potatoes. 1 or 2% milk leaves room for more sugar, starch or protein.

OP
Samya

Samya

Thanks for the tips Matt, I have a juicer that's been gathering dust the last few years so will start putting it to use. ;)

I should've elaborated on the sugar tolerance just incase anyone has any thoughts - a few years ago after eating a lot of sugar in one sitting I had a strange phenomena where eating any carbs would trigger sweet tasting saliva to secrete into my mouth, at times it bordered on tortorous and eventually made me go low-carb. I do feel that I must still be able to tolerate sugars as at times I can eat a lot of carbs and I don't get the sweet saliva.

Apart from this sweet tasting saliva, the way I feel when having more sugars has me open to the possibility I need to increase them. I generally feel more awake, youthful and music sounds as clear as a bell when compared to eating a low-carb diet.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals