Dealing With Candida And Digestive Problems

Jenn

I don't. I may drink for a meal, like a glass of milk or smoothie, but I don't drink with a meal. The exception would be when I have not digested properly and so I am then thirsty. Water is a by product of digestion.

If I am thirsty from sweat, I drink juice, club soda, mountain dew throwback, coconut water, etc.
I never drink plain water at all.

jaa

I was not very clear - How much AV juice do you drink with meals? (I may be incorrectly assuming that you drink it with meals because you mentioned it aids in nutrient absorption.)

OP
L

Lincoln-Imp

Haagendazendiane said:
Trying to find more about carrot and found thus quote,

RP quote

The contractile ability of smooth muscle, that’s impaired by swelling and inflammation, can be restored by antiinflammatory agents, for example aspirin (or other inhibitor of prostaglandin synthesis) or antihistamines. This applies to the muscles of lymphatic vessels (Wu, et al., 2005, 2006; Gosling, 2000), that must function to reduce edema, as well as to the bowel muscles that cause peristalsis.

You don't have to boil for hours if using a whole chicken or oxtails.

The carrot does not work for everyone.
Thanks for all the quotes, knowing my luck I will be one it doesn't work for but I guess we shall have to give it a try :lol:

I do recall reading that actually not having to boil for hours, I forgot to mention more of the problem was finding good quality chickens whilst I was eating them. I was also doing chicken wings which were high in gelatin, it used to produce a good gel but I have stopped with all of them now.

As I seem to have problems with gelatin at the moment I think I may give aloe vera a try. Hopefully I can can it in a place not too expensive.

Lately my stomach has been really quite a problem and I've just been thinking what I have altered. Since I gave up the potatoes I compensated them with more fruit, this meant fruit for breakfast & dinner. Plus when I got home I would nibble on some as well to keep me going, I'm now thinking I really overdid it. I think I will just go back to oj, I think I will possibly be okay be papaya but when I hit the grapes quite heavy I begin to have trouble then. I asked earlier on in here but not sure if anyone saw it, do grapes have a lot of fiber in them? That could explain the problem if so.

I keep seeing your name pop up mentioning to eat potatoes Jenn, so I was just curious as to why you are so in favour of them whilst everyone seems to say to avoid starchy foods? With having to cut back on fruit I really wish I could eat them but with many diets saying to cut them out to heal the gut it scares me off them.

Dutchie

Lincoln-Imp said:
Haagendazendiane said:
Trying to find more about carrot and found thus quote,

RP quote

The contractile ability of smooth muscle, that’s impaired by swelling and inflammation, can be restored by antiinflammatory agents, for example aspirin (or other inhibitor of prostaglandin synthesis) or antihistamines. This applies to the muscles of lymphatic vessels (Wu, et al., 2005, 2006; Gosling, 2000), that must function to reduce edema, as well as to the bowel muscles that cause peristalsis.

You don't have to boil for hours if using a whole chicken or oxtails.

The carrot does not work for everyone.
Thanks for all the quotes, knowing my luck I will be one it doesn't work for but I guess we shall have to give it a try :lol:

I do recall reading that actually not having to boil for hours, I forgot to mention more of the problem was finding good quality chickens whilst I was eating them. I was also doing chicken wings which were high in gelatin, it used to produce a good gel but I have stopped with all of them now.

As I seem to have problems with gelatin at the moment I think I may give aloe vera a try. Hopefully I can can it in a place not too expensive.

Lately my stomach has been really quite a problem and I've just been thinking what I have altered. Since I gave up the potatoes I compensated them with more fruit, this meant fruit for breakfast & dinner. Plus when I got home I would nibble on some as well to keep me going, I'm now thinking I really overdid it. I think I will just go back to oj, I think I will possibly be okay be papaya but when I hit the grapes quite heavy I begin to have trouble then. I asked earlier on in here but not sure if anyone saw it, do grapes have a lot of fiber in them? That could explain the problem if so.

I keep seeing your name pop up mentioning to eat potatoes Jenn, so I was just curious as to why you are so in favour of them whilst everyone seems to say to avoid starchy foods? With having to cut back on fruit I really wish I could eat them but with many diets saying to cut them out to heal the gut it scares me off them.

If you love eating potatoes but starch is giving you problems. You migth wanna try this method to reduce the starchcontent:http://veganfoodaddict.wordpress.com/2011/10/05/removing-excess-starch-from-potatoes-did-you-know/

...who knows maybe you can have your potato and eat it too;)

Jenn

jaa said:
I was not very clear - How much AV juice do you drink with meals? (I may be incorrectly assuming that you drink it with meals because you mentioned it aids in nutrient absorption.)

I might sip on lemonade and AV through out the day, small snacks, if it's hot. That's independent of meals though. I do do liquid meals too though...coffee with gelatin and milk for breakfast, for example.

OP
L

Lincoln-Imp

Would anyone recommend taking thyroid supplements to help with this? I came across some sites where people mentioned taking thyroid supplements and it helped with their digestion.

OP
L

Lincoln-Imp

I keep reading you shouldn't ever eat starch and protein together, does anyone else believe this? I am planning on giving up the potatoes but whilst I'm getting rid of what I have left, is it a bad idea to eat them with meat, fish etc?

Also, once I give up the potatoes does anyone have any approximate ideas how long it takes for your digestion to start to heal? Every time I give up the potatoes I hit the fruits heavy, as I'm no where near healed my stomach ends up worse than it was. D'oh!! I never know what to eat so end up crawling back to the potatoes.

Dutchie

My bowels now move at least once a day(if I'll take in enough Iron from what it seems...),which is better than previous years but one thing I do have most of the time since eating a bit within this spectrum is bloated belly. I sometimes look like those Biafra kids :s......though I'm not starving.

OP
L

Lincoln-Imp

I'm still struggling but I have finally got the potatoes out of my diet. When I really hit the grapes I tend to get diarrhea, I worry the fructose isn't agreeing with me. Could it more than likely be the fiber or anything else? Would I be better off just hitting the orange juice for now and some honey?

Mittir

Grapes are usually high in sulfur, this can cause allergy like symptoms.
Sulfur is used as fungicide during cultivation.
Grape is low in pectin, so fiber is probably not a problem.
OJ is high in pectin, that is why RP recommends strained OJ.
I am not sure if all the pectin is removed by straining.
Because pectin is water soluble.
RP also mentioned this about yeast:
The white film on grapes is a layer of yeast cells, that live there because of the PUFA in the waxy surface of the grape

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Mittir said:
The white film on grapes is a layer of yeast cells, that live there because of the PUFA in the waxy surface of the grape
Darn PUFA messes up everything. :lol:

OP
L

Lincoln-Imp

I was about ready to give up on the oj today, I seem to get really bad bloating/constipation after it, it also makes me feel quite hot. When I'm at work though I put quite a lot in one flask & drink it all in one go, could I just be having too much in one go? I could try spreading it out throughout the day.

OP
L

Lincoln-Imp

Lincoln-Imp said:
I was about ready to give up on the oj today, I seem to get really bad bloating/constipation after it, it also makes me feel quite hot. When I'm at work though I put quite a lot in one flask & drink it all in one go, could I just be having too much in one go? I could try spreading it out throughout the day.
Just a follow up to this, I have tried the OJ again and I am heavily constipated. Usually I can go to the toilet almost straight away after a coffee, after I've drank a bit of OJ even that doesn't work. Maybe whole fruits will be better at this time. At the moment I am using teaspoons of Collagen Hydrolysate to see if that can help, I am starting slow so getting around 4-5 teaspoons a day I would say. To really heal the gut how much should I eventually be looking to get each day?

OP
L

Lincoln-Imp

I'm really struggling with calories, could somebody give me some advice please?

Breakfast- this is always a papaya & coffee including gelatin. It used to be potatoes until I had to give them up.

Snack- bowl of grapes

Lunch- shrimps

Snack- papaya & coffee including gelatin

Dinner- broccoli & chicken/mussels/white fish. I need to get rid of the broccoli.

More snacks- grapes or cantaloupe

I darent drink OJ as noted above. I only have milk in my coffee, it usually causes stomach problems & acne. I haven't even bothered working out how many calories I have, I can only imagine it to be real low. I don't know what to eat though due to how bad my stomach/digestion is.

paper_clips43

Not sure if this was already mentioned but what about Coconut Oil?

I like to eat a small spoonful, maybe around a teaspoon, with every meal.
Its a good way to get extra calories in and minimize the effects of detoxing PUFA.

OP
L

Lincoln-Imp

paper_clips43 said:
Not sure if this was already mentioned but what about Coconut Oil?

I like to eat a small spoonful, maybe around a teaspoon, with every meal.
Its a good way to get extra calories in and minimize the effects of detoxing PUFA.
Thanks for the suggestion and I really wish I could, it's just another food though that causes me stomach problems along with acne.

I went for a blood test yesterday to check my thyroid, I highly doubt anything will show up though as I've lost hope of finding a solution. Everything I eat just seems to get stuck in my stomach and stay there, feels like food is piling up every time I eat. Whole fruit obviously causes issues with this going on and I have been eating quite a fair bit of it, it may be time to just stick to grape juice which I have started trying.

stargazer1111

White potatoes are the best for healing the gut, very bowel forming. If you have constipation issues, stick with white potatoes as the basis of the diet. A white potato is NOT just starch. A good potato soup, cooked at least 30-40 minutes is probably the best form at this point in time. Maybe with a little gelatin. Aloe vera mixed with juice is good too.

I know this is old. But, I have to disagree with this. White potatoes destroy my gut anytime I eat them. I can't handle starch from any source. I can only tolerate sugar.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals