What Are Eggs Doing In A Peat Diet?

DaveFoster

'Cause some things can't be defined Dave.
ae427e0d850491846fca307260ce8af6610de0245013d2f766fd4ce5337ed621.jpg

EIRE24

Eggs, liver, and oysters appear like nature's multivitamin yet retain PUFA. Vitamin A, Copper, Zinc, Selenium, B Vitamins are found in high doses in these foods and more difficult to find in most low Pufa foods. The power of these nutrients are important for sufficient energy function and oppose the detriments of the stress metabolism; using the right quality of these foods I believe out weighs the detriments of PUFA it contains. I crave egg yolks and liver; after eating liver, energy levels and mental clarity increase immensely. I notice if I do not have 7-14 oysters per week I feel sluggish. Hopefully this can be a little more helpful.
7-14 oysters wow. How much liver do you eat a week then?

EIRE24

6oz of liver per week.

Oysters is probably close to 7 per week; I'm not a fan of the taste I just eat them for the nutrients.
I enjoy liver but hate oysters too but was eating them for the same reasons. Surly there is foods with the same profile of nutrients that are easier to eat?

forterpride

There are life energies which are responsible for creation and growth of complexity in life creations in Universe. oFor technoacdemic mind full work of Ray looks l ike A Broscience. This is why so many people with techno-academic( devoided of life) . are very often confused by His writings and thus by results from extracting only technical part of his writings. His understanding of life is all about biological complexity of energy of an organism and its place in environment .It is very simple to understand what hE means by biological factors If someone read all of his Articles and Books and make A fuller picture of his writings. Techno-academic thinking about organism is over symplistic . Biological factors refers to complexity of things and to bio (life)energies. Why hE mentions Vernadsky and Blake and many other peoples works, which are considered Broscience, in his writings ? Can art instruct science? HE refers to complex (Meta)physical energies When hE says biological factors. Every food has its own bioenergy and is alive in some sense. Complexity ( proportions of nutrients) and evolution of every food ( Here egg) DESIGNED for our physiology has its own vibration or special effect On our complex organism. Try to make eggs, milk and fruit in A Lab? I mean i am complicating Here something which is very simple to understand. I found Schauberger understanding about life and biology and his Books great for understanding Ray much better. Asking him about this is for me an insult because hE answers this questions in his writings. And hE ALWAYS says "i think " because hE cannot force you to think like him If you dont understand him. And his broad view of things is what makes him so different from healthy and diet aproach of whose internet is full. And some guys extract only this aproach from his work and by this they are destroying his work in a considerable manner. Maybe in the future by understanding mathematical equations in a right way about energy laws in Universe could make us capable of creating certain complex life creations. One example ...Some musical pieces are examples of this understanding how you can create ( by some kind of mathematical formulation of life)an energeticaly charged stimulus and creation which can nourish the life in the organism.

great post

I THINK Eggs like a Cholesterol and Coline source. But this means only yolk. I eat s lot yolks, mixed with butter, CO and herbs.

L

Lord Cola

Has anyone asked Dr. Peat what aspects of eggs justify consumption despite the high PUFA content? For example, are there nutrients in eggs that can't be found in safer foods, or absorbed as efficiently?

LiveWire

Not sure what ‘high’ pufa content is meant here. People on standard american diet routinely consume tens of grams of pufa daily. That’s what Peat warns against. The few measly grams of pufa in a couple of eggs is a negligible amount. It’s unfortunate eggs are constantly being dragged through the mud here.

L

Lord Cola

Not sure what ‘high’ pufa content is meant here. People on standard american diet routinely consume tens of grams of pufa daily. That’s what Peat warns against. The few measly grams of pufa in a couple of eggs is a negligible amount. It’s unfortunate eggs are constantly being dragged through the mud here.
I meant 'high' in the context of what Dr. Peat has mentioned in the past.

His effort to reduce PUFA consumption to a minimum has been stated many times. For example, he wrote in an email that he consumed hydrogenated coconut oil in order to keep PUFA to a minimum. If PUFA in other types of coconut oil is detrimental enough that he's motivated to use hydrogenated coconut oil instead, I don't think it would make sense to consider PUFA in a couple of eggs (which is recommended daily for some) negligible.

Nothing I said in my previous post disparaged eggs.

Cirion

I have gone back and forth on eggs. Now I think hard boiled eggs, in limited quantities, are probably not only safe but probably beneficial since they do contain some useful hard to get things like choline. The thing is, it's easy to over-do anything. I am doubting that 6+ eggs every day is going to be beneficial in the long run, or the "DEAD" diet (Dozen Eggs A Day) but a handful 1-3 eggs at a time, absolutely. Especially if it makes you feel healthier. That's what' s important in the long run. Ray himself eats 1-2 eggs on a semi-regular basis. If it makes you healthier, eat it. If it doesn't, don't eat it. That's the mantra I follow at the end of the day. Don't let someone tell you what's healthy. Let your own body tell you what's healthy.

But, because of the fat (not just PUFA), as I say, it is probably best not to over-do them. Nowadays I'm actually more worried about total fat than I am total PUFA, honestly I think high total fat hurts more than low fat and high PUFA, based upon my experiences.

Last edited:

Runenight201

Egg yolks and fat make my muscles strong like no other foods. I could live without eggs but I would be much weaker.

lampofred

Peat has mentioned antiviral components in egg white, raw if I'm not mistaken.

Did he say that only raw has these beneficial components but not cooked, or that raw has it as well, in addition to cooked?

lampofred

I think I might have found out what he was talking about when he said "biological factors"...

If I'm right then it's also why he emphasizes sucrose so much...