2005-10-20 Ray Peat Nervous System Protect & Restore

jaguar43

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
jag thanks for posting this. I was gonna post it up but for some reason the sound is not working for me. Anyone else having trouble with it?

burtlancast

Everything's OK for me.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
burtlancast said:
Everything's OK for me.
Ok thanks burt. Gotta figure out whats wrong on my end.

pboy

that guy that talks after peat with white hair and is balding and sounds like hes about to cry suggests eating almonds for the beneficial fiber and cooking tomatoes in olive oil...he says almonds and walnuts are even better raw and that they have a lot of antioxidants. I wonder if Peat was still in the room and what he was thinking

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I haven't seen it all yet but plan on watching it in its entirety when I can get some uninterrupted time this weekend. It's such an inspiration to watch Peat speak. He looked quite youthful compared to most people I see of a similar age. I'm calculating he was about 66 or 67 in that video. Amazing. Thanks for posting this video jag!

Suikerbuik

Thank, nervous system is a major control system of the metabolism and immunity! Looking forward to see it when I have time.

burtlancast

That's an excellent presentation.
At 01.31, there's a comment in the audience about a man who cured his cancer just by drinking 1 liter a day of saturated sea salt water.
Ray follows with studies showing stomach ulcers can be treated with extra saturated salt water.

narouz

Great to SEE Peat.
This is only the second video I've ever seen of him.
Very stylish and well-coiffed!
Does the labeling, "2005-10-20" mean that this was in 2005?

Thanks, jag!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
narouz said:
Great to SEE Peat.
This is only the second video I've ever seen of him.
Very stylish and well-coiffed!
Does the labeling, "2005-10-20" mean that this was in 2005?
(If so, Blossom, older than that I think.)

Thanks, jag!
68? In 2005, I was thinking that as an estimate of his age based on once seeing his birthday and noting that he was about 33 years older than me. I was born in 1969. He looks great anyway! I wish we could see more of him but I suppose I'm just happy he continues to do his great work.

J

j.

Peat wrote the names of the scientists he usually talks about; one can see how they're spelled.

Peat wrote his phone number (apparently unrequested) on the blackboard in 2005, lol! Now he had to remove all his contact info.

SQu

I haven't got to the salt bit yet, but was wondering because people here say salt can irritate the gut. I'm trying to up salt, salty broth can hold several teaspoons, but I've had a few reactions, but that could have been other things like lowered blood sugar, histamine, or something else entirely.

burtlancast

sueq said:
no grey hair! Plenty of hair too.

Well, he used his copper solution he wrote about in his books. That makes him look much younger.

Queequeg

Bump
I just came across this on Youtube and very much enjoyed seeing all of Ray and not just the ghostly voice. I thought many would also enjoy it and may have missed it since its not been bumped since 2014.