I Need A Sport To Train For. What's The 'least Damaging'?

What sport is the 'best of the worst' in regards to optimal health?

• Rowing (6-8min races)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

superhuman

Going slower/lighter burns mostly fatty acids instead of glucose. If you eat low pufa then it's fine to burn your body fat this way. It's an average heart rate of 113-140 depending on your size etc. It's temping to go harder/faster but the key is staying slow/light which is good because not only do you burn fat but you make exercise non stressful. If you can talk, then you're doing it right. It you can't talk because you're out of breath then you're going too hard.

"Resting muscle burns mostly fatty acids, and the amount of glucose used increases with the intensity."-RP

I thought it was as long as you can nose breath its ok in terms of intensity since then its not "stressfull" in terms of that your waisting co2. What are your other sources in terms of the burning fat stores instead of glycogen during exercise and the range

sladerunner69

Powerlfiting is actually very hard on your joints and your central enrovus system. I ahve been doing it a long time and cant attest that it really helps me feel like I am at my best health- I am always radically depleted after a big powerlfiitng workout. It really take is out of you and is highly stressful. I beleive sprint cycling would be the ebst form a ray peat point of view, unless you want to try soemthing like curling or skiing that could be performed in high altiitude where the CO2 is abundant.

lvysaur

Hunting? Tracking animals is like a really light cardio that makes me feel really good afterward.

YourUniverse

olympic weight lifting - good cross between skill and strength, lighter on nervous system than power lifting, arguably more "functional" strength, and basically purely concentric

JustAGuy

Probably cycling, powerlifting destroys my health personally. Way too taxing on the nervous system. I don’t know any powerlifters who feel good. They are usually always tired.

tara

I probably phrased the topic poorly - really I am trying to decide whether to focus on rowing (6-8min races) or sprint cycling (15-60second races), and was wondering which would do the least damage to my health.
My non-expert hunch would be, out of those two, pick cycling, don't overdo the training, add some yoga (but not competitively, even though there are people who do compete), and some walking or other gentle outdoor play.

But if you are aiming to have a family soon, then the most important factor will probably be what your mate will be happy with - preferably joining in. :)

Teres

Health and damage are broad terms. I know an old man, 75 years of age. Former freestyle wrestler. A former competitor. Now he has no joint that doesn't hurt, especially during winters. There's no spot on his body he hasn't bruised in purple literally countless times in his life. Two broken ribs in the past.
Yet he's a person who has never experienced cardiac problems. Liver issues. Abnormal blood pressure. Nothing. Internally he's as healthy as I am, no exaggeration. Actually, I've experienced strange and unpleasant sensations before under my rib-cage he has never felt. And I am half a century younger.

Also I've seen younger than this old man people who have lived their entire life under a cotton mantle. They're lean, move almost like teenagers..and they've gone through heart attacks, strokes and whatnot.

I've practiced freestyle wrestling all my life, I do occasionally now, and I'm fond of olympic weightlifting. My joints hate me.
Still, the smell of iron and the sound of it falling on the ground in a silent old school resonating hall arouse me.

Move, breath, live and pick what's closest to your heart. Rowing sounds fun though.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals