Pope Francis: There Is 'no Point' Going To Church If You Don't Really Believe In It

goodandevil

The abundance of writings from Catholic officials give witness to this testimony.

Scripture>everything else.
For someone that doesn't speak for god, the pope's opinion on every little matter is sure broadcast on the news a lot . . .

WestCoaster

The Pope is a fake. He doesn't stand for the actual teachings of god or the bible. He is a puppet just like the rest of the elite in this world. His statement has half truth though, it's just that all religions are fakes except for 1 so technically speaking you should not be going the church of one of the fake religions, because people simply need to wake up and stop believing in the fake crap.

I know I don't have to read it, but am wondering what this religious bull**** is doing on a Peat site.

Well Ray Peat is pretty spiritual in some way... and there are plenty of religious people transitioning to his view point without going through atheism. So it may seem odd to you.

Sheik

I know I don't have to read it, but am wondering what this religious bull**** is doing on a Peat site.
You say that as if Peat is a vociferous atheist. Maybe you're projecting your own ideas onto him.

yerrag

Whether or not you believe in God, what the Pope says is about being true to yourself. Why go to church if you don't truly believe in God? The church doesn't need you. It doesn't want Christians that are Christians in name only. Better to have a small church of true believers than a large church filled with hypocrites. Religions are not evil, they teach love. What's wrong with that? You can be spiritual and not have a religion. I'm not sure you can be spiritual and not believe in a God. There are peacemakers and there are troublemakers in all religions as well as with atheists. Evil is not monopolized by a religion.