PCOS With High Testosterone, Weight Gain And Feeling Like S#17 With Every Growing Cyst

P.G.Marjorie

Hi ladies, Im 26 y.o. with history of birth control pill to overcome severe acne [age 17-21], delayed menarche at 16 y.o. due to anorexia I guess. After stopping the pill I had period every half a year apx. Never had regular period 28-30 days in my life. Since more frequent periods 37-45 days I seem to be gaining weight every single cycle when I feel pain in my abdomen, constipation, tiredness, swelling, breast pain and more not so funny things. Ultrasound revealed cyst filled with blood during this symptoms. It is in every cycle I have one. From temperature charting, there is no obvious temperature shift indicating ovulation.
Blood test shows high androgens and higher estrogen[ still in range, but seems like estrogen dominance]
I tried progesterone cream, but if I make a two week pause cyst grows again. Now I continue cream [60-80mg a day] to give my ovaries a rest for a few months and hoping its gonna be better after stopping[when i balance estrogens].
Last time I was feeling really bad with the cyst and few days with aspirin induced period...strange
Do you have some experiences with this condition too? Why i do not ovulate and make progesterone on my own? Any tips appreciated. Thx.

Koveras

Some possible contributors, many interrelated:

-Insulin resistance (associated with excess energy intake and/or non-optimal body composition)
-Hypothyroidism (associated with insulin resistance, stress)
-Stress (adrenaline, cortisol, prolactin, estrogen, environmental and/or dietary, transgenerational)
-Nutrient deficiencies (vitamins B, C, A, D, E, K, trace minerals, etc.)
-Endocrine disrupting chemicals (plastics, hormone analogues, present and/or transgenerational)

OP
P.G.Marjorie

P.G.Marjorie

Some possible contributors, many interrelated:

-Insulin resistance (associated with excess energy intake and/or non-optimal body composition)
-Hypothyroidism (associated with insulin resistance, stress)
-Stress (adrenaline, cortisol, prolactin, estrogen, environmental and/or dietary, transgenerational)
-Nutrient deficiencies (vitamins B, C, A, D, E, K, trace minerals, etc.)
-Endocrine disrupting chemicals (plastics, hormone analogues, present and/or transgenerational)
Thank you.
My fasting insulin was a bit high 16 and should be around 3-8 in a heathy population. I tried to take metformin and it did not help as it should.
NDT for thyroid made my heart rate crazy high and cause icy toes...
I was doing weight training, hoping for better insulin sensitivity,but it just made me crash in fatigue, lower BT, gain even more weight and difficulty falling asleep.
Could it be my adrenals off?

Koveras

Thank you.
My fasting insulin was a bit high 16 and should be around 3-8 in a heathy population. I tried to take metformin and it did not help as it should.
NDT for thyroid made my heart rate crazy high and cause icy toes...
I was doing weight training, hoping for better insulin sensitivity,but it just made me crash in fatigue, lower BT, gain even more weight and difficulty falling asleep.
Could it be my adrenals off?

Many studies show a benefit to the combined use of myo-inositol and d-chiro-inositol in a ratio of 40:1 to 100:1 (favouring myo-inositol). Some times also combined with folate/vitamin B9.

It seems to improve insulin sensitivity to a similar degree as metformin, improves progesterone production, improves symptoms to a similar degree or better than metformin or oral contraceptives, and is "natural".

Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 9.38.45 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 9.42.06 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 9.57.25 AM.png

Peata

Hi PG. I've had my share of hormonal issues, including acne, period troubles, a cyst... started having a weight problem when I added back a lot of carbs since coming to Peat. I kept gaining and feeling worse. Like you, weight lifting didn't help at all. I walked and did other exercise and could not lose one pound. I had other health problems come on. Chronic diarrhea, breathing problems, waking in night in panic, low blood sugar attacks, so on. I tried every kind of diet manipulation I could think of (low calorie, low fat, high protein, lower carb, no starch, and on and on) with no real result. I lost about 10 pounds over time, but it was very hard-fought. And sometimes the scale would start creeping back up anyway.

Things started slowly changing after I began Pansterone and high dose niacinamide. Now I'm actually losing weight more consistently without all the trouble it used to be. I feel like my body is working so much better overall. I talk about what I'm taking and the results of it here: Pansterone - Liquid Dietary Supplement For Rejuvenation

HTH.

Peata

Also, eating lower fat seems to be helping now where before it didn't. I put everything in cronometer. I aim to keep fat below 30% but as my tastes and habits change lately it's become easier to keep it lower still. What I do is try not to get more than 10 g. fat per meal. Choosing low fat versions of stuff helps, such as lower fat milk, using less cheese and butter if any, and though it's not Peaty, I buy light Progresso soups, lean frozen meals such as Michelina Lean Gourmet so I can easily see how much fat I'm getting. I don't have to watch the starch anymore, it seems fine especially with lower fat. I apparently have no issues with some pasta or bread.

OP
P.G.Marjorie

P.G.Marjorie

Hi PG. I've had my share of hormonal issues, including acne, period troubles, a cyst... started having a weight problem when I added back a lot of carbs since coming to Peat. I kept gaining and feeling worse. Like you, weight lifting didn't help at all. I walked and did other exercise and could not lose one pound. I had other health problems come on. Chronic diarrhea, breathing problems, waking in night in panic, low blood sugar attacks, so on. I tried every kind of diet manipulation I could think of (low calorie, low fat, high protein, lower carb, no starch, and on and on) with no real result. I lost about 10 pounds over time, but it was very hard-fought. And sometimes the scale would start creeping back up anyway.

Things started slowly changing after I began Pansterone and high dose niacinamide. Now I'm actually losing weight more consistently without all the trouble it used to be. I feel like my body is working so much better overall. I talk about what I'm taking and the results of it here: Pansterone - Liquid Dietary Supplement For Rejuvenation

HTH.
Hi Peata, thanks for your reply. It really sucks when everything you do is worthless. Doctors dont help either, just prescribe you a birth control pill for every problem.
Do you have more regular periods after Pansterone and niacinamide? What do you think is helping more?

OP
P.G.Marjorie

P.G.Marjorie

Many studies show a benefit to the combined use of myo-inositol and d-chiro-inositol in a ratio of 40:1 to 100:1 (favouring myo-inositol). Some times also combined with folate/vitamin B9.

It seems to improve insulin sensitivity to a similar degree as metformin, improves progesterone production, improves symptoms to a similar degree or better than metformin or oral contraceptives, and is "natural".

View attachment 4473 View attachment 4474 View attachment 4475
Thanks Koveras, do you know anybody who use that successfully? Sounds good.

Peata

Hi Peata, thanks for your reply. It really sucks when everything you do is worthless. Doctors dont help either, just prescribe you a birth control pill for every problem.
Do you have more regular periods after Pansterone and niacinamide? What do you think is helping more?
Yeah, I was always offered birth control pills too.

My periods were irregular most of my life, but somehow in late 30s they actually started being more regular, though short, scant, and clotted.

I've been taking aspirin quite a bit for months, and I believe it's helped with some of the estrogen and made the bleeding thinner, as well as help with any pains.

It's hard to know if it is Pansterone or Niacinamide helping the most, but I saw results in one week after starting Pansterone as far as acne improving, facial hair, and no fatigue.

Niacinamide took about two weeks to noticeably help my wrist problem, but I've been on it over 3 months now and still liking it.

I believe both these supplements help lower cortisol and that effect helps with weight/fat, blood sugar problems, pcos symptoms, etc. Perhaps the dose of niacinamide doesn't need to be nearly as high as what I take (3 g. day) but I went to a high dose for the wrist issue. And niacinamide can reduce serotonin, estrogen, phosphate, methionine, endotoxin, lactate, improves liver, and so on. At the doses I take, it's more than a B vitamin. I don't recommend anyone else take the dose I do, just relaying how it works for me. dhea (such as in pansterone) overlaps some of those benefits of niacinamide.

OP
P.G.Marjorie

P.G.Marjorie

Yeah, I was always offered birth control pills too.

My periods were irregular most of my life, but somehow in late 30s they actually started being more regular, though short, scant, and clotted.

I've been taking aspirin quite a bit for months, and I believe it's helped with some of the estrogen and made the bleeding thinner, as well as help with any pains.

It's hard to know if it is Pansterone or Niacinamide helping the most, but I saw results in one week after starting Pansterone as far as acne improving, facial hair, and no fatigue.

Niacinamide took about two weeks to noticeably help my wrist problem, but I've been on it over 3 months now and still liking it.

I believe both these supplements help lower cortisol and that effect helps with weight/fat, blood sugar problems, pcos symptoms, etc. Perhaps the dose of niacinamide doesn't need to be nearly as high as what I take (3 g. day) but I went to a high dose for the wrist issue. And niacinamide can reduce serotonin, estrogen, phosphate, methionine, endotoxin, lactate, improves liver, and so on. At the doses I take, it's more than a B vitamin. I don't recommend anyone else take the dose I do, just relaying how it works for me. dhea (such as in pansterone) overlaps some of those benefits of niacinamide.
Pansterone seems like a miracle. Thx for the tip. I will try to get it as soon as possible.

Peata

Pansterone seems like a miracle. Thx for the tip. I will try to get it as soon as possible.
It was for me, at least. Wish the same for everyone, though we are all different. The creator of it -haidut, answered my questions along the way, so you might consult with him for specifics.

StrongMom

HTH.

I am a lifetime PCOS suffered too. My PCOS turned to amenorrhea about 5 years ago. I am sure why; I was getting IVF treatments at the time, maybe stress, maybe something else... Last summer I has period-like bleeding a few times; I think they were induced by aspirin, too. I thought that K2 deficiency was the reason. I am so massed up right now that nothing seems to be working; thyroid, progesterone, pregnenolone, etc.

@Peata - I am surprised that you are taking DHEA. I thought that we, the PCOS people, should stay away from DHEA. More interestingly, it seems to be working. That is great news. I will try to read a bit more about that but might give a try. Are you taking thyroid as well? What made you decide to take DHEA+pregnenolone combination? Niacinamide for PCOS as well or for other reasons? I off and on took it as well and am now prediabetic so might give another try. Congrats Peata!

Peata

@StressedMom ikr? I woulda never dreamed of using DHEA for PCOS if it hadn't been for @haidut counsel on it. Apparently, it's just one more medical thing we've been taught wrong all our lives (that dhea is bad for pcos).

I'm not taking thyroid.

Niacinamide for wrist issue. And to reduce serotonin, estrogen, phosphate, methionine, endotoxin, lactate, improve liver, etc.

Here is an explanation for why Pansterone and Niacinamide work for me... This is from haidut:

"Niacinamide is a precursor to NAD and NAD is needed as a cofactor for steroid synthesis. When you take Pansterone, how well it lower cortisol and estrogen, while raising progesterone depends not only on the dose of Pansterone you take but also on how well it converts into downstream steroids and that conversion efficiency depends on NAD. So, taking niacinamide with Pansterone has synergistic effects. It is hard to say which one was more beneficial as they act via different pathways and it is the overall effects that matter. Niacinamide improves glucose utilization and raises NAD, which puts the body in an oxidized state and able to much better to deal with life so less stress hormones need to be produced. Whatever excess of stress hormones was there, Pansterone probably took care of that." - haidut

StrongMom

@StressedMom ikr? I woulda never dreamed of using DHEA for PCOS if it hadn't been for @haidut counsel on it. Apparently, it's just one more medical thing we've been taught wrong all our lives (that dhea is bad for pcos).

I'm not taking thyroid.

Niacinamide for wrist issue. And to reduce serotonin, estrogen, phosphate, methionine, endotoxin, lactate, improve liver, etc.

Here is an explanation for why Pansterone and Niacinamide work for me... This is from haidut:

"Niacinamide is a precursor to NAD and NAD is needed as a cofactor for steroid synthesis. When you take Pansterone, how well it lower cortisol and estrogen, while raising progesterone depends not only on the dose of Pansterone you take but also on how well it converts into downstream steroids and that conversion efficiency depends on NAD. So, taking niacinamide with Pansterone has synergistic effects. It is hard to say which one was more beneficial as they act via different pathways and it is the overall effects that matter. Niacinamide improves glucose utilization and raises NAD, which puts the body in an oxidized state and able to much better to deal with life so less stress hormones need to be produced. Whatever excess of stress hormones was there, Pansterone probably took care of that." - haidut

Great, thanks. It's amazing. I will read a bit more and am planning to try it but first I will try to totally get off thyroid. It doesn't seem to be helping but I am making all adjustments gradually. I am already taking 600mg of prognenolone. I know it is a lot but that seems to be the right amount for me for some time. I might adjust its dosage if I start taking pansterone. Thanks Peata, keep us informed if anything changes!

Tamara Simon

I'm not taking thyroid.

Hi Peata,

What you described here sounds super similar to my symptoms for the most part. Can I ask what your wrist issue was? I have a ganglion cyst in my left writs that just flares up and hurts periodically. Also, how are your symptoms now if you don't mind me asking? Do you still recommend the niacinamide and the Pansterone?

baccheion

Meet all RDAs with just a variety of whole quality foods before adding supplements. That is, eat properly. There's also iodine protocol. Coimbra protocol may also work. See the associates groups/forums.