Official Hairloss Thread

gp3690

I think I have slowed my hair loss down, but certainly not enough to halt it or grow new hair.
Standard peat diet with aspirin, solban, k2, tocovit, tyromix, are what ive used. Continuing to look for answers..

milk

Guys: Minoxidil.

Four years of peating, have never really tried it. Applied it to my hairline once, years ago. My hairline is starting to worry me. Should I give it a go? Any drawbacks from a Peat perspective?

TubZy

Guys: Minoxidil.

Four years of peating, have never really tried it. Applied it to my hairline once, years ago. My hairline is starting to worry me. Should I give it a go? Any drawbacks from a Peat perspective?

I used it for two years and quit a while ago. So glad I did. Helped my hair for sure, but bloated my face and made my skin look like crap. It increases NO.

milk

I used it for two years and quit a while ago. So glad I did. Helped my hair for sure, but bloated my face and made my skin look like crap. It increases NO.

Oh man. I searched the forum and other guys have bad things to say about it too.

grenade

In my experience, whenever I do things to reduce estrogen and maximize DHT, my scalp feels instantly more invigorated and lively. I realized I haven't been paying my gut the attention it deserves. I've become really lazy and complacent with my gut health. I took charcoal for the first time the other day and WOW... my scalp, my mind and my energy were better than they've been for a long time.

How does charcoal work for gut health, compared to how raw carrots work?

grenade

Hey guys, I slowed down my hair loss this past year, and here's what I did differently than prior years:

- Avoiding caloric deficits (and cutting out fats to be able to up carbohydrates without gaining weight).
- Significantly upping carbs through fruit/milk/sugar.
- Eating an overall Peat-y diet (fruit, fat-free dairy, sugar, salt, glycine, coffee, occasional starch, seafood, occasional red meat and eggs).
- ADEK, pregnenolone, and DHEA supplementation.
- Topical caffeine/aspirin applied to the scalp.
- More time spent outdoors.

Now, I definitely didn't regrow any hair, although, like I said, the hair loss slowed down quite a bit, or even possibly halted.

This year, I will be using topical taurine and niacinamide in addition to the other topicals, and start massaging my scalp daily for 10 minutes using a hard roller (beer bottle, rolling pin, etc.) for easier massaging. Also, I am looking into carrots or charcoal for improving the GI tract, as well as some of Haidut's other supplements.

The long-term goal is full regrowth.

Makaveli

R. Peat mentioned that progesterone cream with DHEA mixed in can assist in hair growth. I'm interested in trying this but not sure where to get or how to make something like this. Anyone have any suggestions?

He also mentioned topical vitamin D and I just started using it on one spot on my scalp for a few days. I'll let you guys know in a month or so how it works out.

TubZy

I'm not sure if it's from the vitamin D or just the benefits of sunshine but just from being out in the sun all day on the beach in the Cayman Islands my hair looks noticeably thicker.

I'm not sure if it's from the vitamin D or just the benefits of sunshine but just from being out in the sun all day on the beach in the Cayman Islands my hair looks noticeably thicker.

yes! the light is huge with it! i think vit D is a very important piece of the puzzle. without D, you magnesium will be depleted!

everyone, does anyone have their cholesterol levels that experiences the "itch". if cholesterol is low, then steroid hormones won't be made, more cortisol will be sent to cortisol steal. danny told me many people he talks to has digestion and low libido. could be low T. obviously MPB is a disease of cortisol! what is your cholesterol level?

TubZy

yes! the light is huge with it! i think vit D is a very important piece of the puzzle. without D, you magnesium will be depleted!

everyone, does anyone have their cholesterol levels that experiences the "itch". if cholesterol is low, then steroid hormones won't be made, more cortisol will be sent to cortisol steal. danny told me many people he talks to has digestion and low libido. could be low T. obviously MPB is a disease of cortisol! what is your cholesterol level?

I always noticed that when I went kn vacation to a sunny place and got a tan my hair looked better.

Not sure what the reason is but if it's vitamin D, maybe topical D3 could also work too.

Choeleterol is slightly elevated not too bad.

Entropy

I've noticed drying and breakage of hair after long sustain periods when body is drawing the flow in creating reproductive fluids. Noting the importance of circulation of lymph and blood flow.

Did you try

Taurine with super b complex ?

Honestly I don't have problem with my hair or beard

But I took it for a week

They activates the rejuvenation of all my hair

Body , head , and beard

LukeL

I realize this may sound crazy but has anyone tried a topical sugar soak/scrub? I was just listening to a @raypeatclips and there was one where Ray mentioned African tribes successfully using sugar as an antiseptic/antiobiotic during surgery...and I thought about how hair follicles need glucose/energy - does this intrigue anyone elese? Anyone tried it?

LukeL

I think the scalp itch may be due to increase in serotonin after ejaculation and NOT prolactin - this is based on pure conjecture at this point but every time I've tested my blood my prolactin levels are always low optimal. However, after ejaculation I often experience the classic scalp itch - then I started looking into the chemicals released during orgasm and found that there is a big increase of serotonin to the brain post orgasm. So I think getting serotonin in check is a good target for us that suffer from scalp itch...

TubZy

I always notice that whenever I get back in from laying out at the pool.

I read that sun can stimulate growth factors in the skin (for hair). The same ones that are stimulated when you dermaneedle or wound so that could be the reason why.

Wagner83

I came across this, not sure what it's worth :

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022202X15405019?np=y&
npKey=3d27b7a22f6dd72c2a680c905eafc7bf8899cd6bed7a313bea5eb8133b2e1d61

The hair follicles deserve separate mention. In 1994 Paus et al. demonstrated hair growth induction by SP in mice during the telogen phase of the hair cycle. They also showed hair cycle-dependent activity of NEP. Our work demonstrates the presence of NEP in human follicles. Although we were not able to detect any difference in staining pattern of telogen versus anagen follicles in this limited sample, the differential staining of inner root sheath in terminal versus vellus follicles and the staining of follicular stela is intriguing and deserves further study. One could speculate that different follicles might be induced or maintained, at least in part by neural regulation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals