Methylene Blue

tankasnowgod

a lot! like well over 100+mg a day. You'd probably feel very shitty on such a high dose of MB and wouldn't be able to keep it up in order to experience them

You can get greenish urine with a much lower dose. Somewhere between 2-10mg a day. Personally, I wouldn't consider blue sclera a "cool effect." I would think it more "utterly terrifying."

DaveFoster

@haidut

You take 1 mg MB before bed, but you put 400 mcg in Oxidal. Do you think 1 mg is better before bed due to the carry-over half-life, and it will result in minimal effects on MAO-A inhibition, serotonergic side effects, and raised BP?

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut

You take 1 mg MB before bed, but you put 400 mcg in Oxidal. Do you think 1 mg is better before bed due to the carry-over half-life, and it will result in minimal effects on MAO-A inhibition, serotonergic side effects, and raised BP?

The ~0.4mg MB per drop in Oxidal is to approximate 1% MB solution as this is the one most commonly used in rodent studies. So, 2 drops Oxidal should be close to 1mg. I use 2 drops when I want to get some MB. The MAO-A inhbition starts at 500nM (I think), so this means no more than 5mg per dose. If used regularly, I would not use more than 1mg daily as it builds up and may reach the 500nM concentration rather quickly.

DaveFoster

The ~0.4mg MB per drop in Oxidal is to approximate 1% MB solution as this is the one most commonly used in rodent studies. So, 2 drops Oxidal should be close to 1mg. I use 2 drops when I want to get some MB. The MAO-A inhbition starts at 500nM (I think), so this means no more than 5mg per dose. If used regularly, I would not use more than 1mg daily as it builds up and may reach the 500nM concentration rather quickly.
That's very informative; thanks haidut. After using 500 mcg for a while, there was definitely some serotenergic effects (or at least some excessive aggression/high BP) after the first couple days, which granted could be dopamine and NO inhibition, respectively.

LUH 3417

I find it very interesting that methylene blue is a derivative of phenothiazine, a class of drugs that includes antipsychotics such as thorazine.

CoconutEffect

@haidut

What would be the best way to use MB as a potential treatment for bipolar disorder?
Because it's a disease condition being treated, is the 15mg daily dose you've previously talked about acceptable all things considered?
Would one want to add a serotonin antagonist at some point during this treatment?

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut

What would be the best way to use MB as a potential treatment for bipolar disorder?
Because it's a disease condition being treated, is the 15mg daily dose you've previously talked about acceptable all things considered?
Would one want to add a serotonin antagonist at some point during this treatment?

The human studies used it orally. I would split the 15mg dose into 3 doses of 5mg each. You can try adding a bit of daily aspirin (2 tablets of 325mg each should suffice) as it was shown to lower plasma serotonin and glutamate, both of which are implicated in bipolar. Finally, given the benefit of lithium for bipolar and its role as an ammonia chelator, you may want to try some Ceylon cinnamon which also chelates ammonis quite well. Search the forum for "cinnamon ammonia".

Obi-wan

It was interesting to read 2 years worth of posts on MB. I finally figured out that the concentrate that I have is 30% by solution or 15 mg per drop recommended for fish tanks. So 3 drops would equal 45mg. I actually like taking 4 to 6 drops a day. Last week I took 7 drops at once and had a lot of energy! Pee is green in the am with energin and light blue in the pm by the way. I think it is a great oxidative catalyst!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Great, thanks for the info. Do you still subscribe?
My subscription lapsed and have not had the extra funds to get it right now. I wish though. :( This month is supposed to be on milk, I am hoping to be able to read it. I need to get on the ball and get signed back up. :doh Hopefully I can do it soon.

Kray

My subscription lapsed and have not had the extra funds to get it right now. I wish though. :( This month is supposed to be on milk, I am hoping to be able to read it. I need to get on the ball and get signed back up. :doh Hopefully I can do it soon.

So, are the articles currently written, and not reprints of his earlier articles? Wasn’t sure how active he is these days with research and writings.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
So, are the articles currently written, and not reprints of his earlier articles? Wasn’t sure how active he is these days with research and writings.
Yes his articles are currently written.

LeeLemonoil

Methylene blue inhibits NLRP3, NLRC4, AIM2, and non-canonical inflammasome activation. - PubMed - NCBI

Methylene blue inhibits NLRP3, NLRC4, AIM2, and non-canonical inflammasome activation.
Ahn H1, Kang SG2, Yoon SI2, Ko HJ3, Kim PH4, Hong EJ5, An BS6, Lee E1, Lee GS7.
Author information
Abstract

Methylene blue (MB), which has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, neuroprotective, and mitochondria protective effects, has been widely used as a dye and medication. However, the effect of MB on inflammasome activation has not yet been studied. Inflammasomes are multi-protein complexes that induce maturation of interleukins (ILs)-1β and -18 as well as caspase-1-mediated cell death, known as pyroptosis. Dysregulation of inflammasomes causes several diseases such as type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer's disease, and gout. In this study, we assess the effect of MB on inflammasome activation in macrophages. As the result, MB attenuated activation of canonical inflammasomes such as NLRP3, NLRC4, and AIM2 as well as non-canonical inflammasome activation. In addition, MB inhibited upstream signals such as inflammasome assembly, phagocytosis, and gene expression of inflammasome components via inhibition of NF-κB signaling. Furthermore, MB reduced the activity of caspase-1. The anti-inflammasome properties of MB were further confirmed in mice models. Thus, we suggest that MB is a broad-spectrum anti-inflammasome candidate molecule

Might explain the anti-depressive effects of MB oher than electron-transport enhancement as ell, if it reaches the brain

Birdie

Good point, that's true.

I've taken lots of b12 before and I'm not sure if it did anything. I actually used to just take a ton, until I had so much in my system a doctor told me to stop taking it, lol.
When you take a lot of B12 protocol is not to test it in the blood because it will always read high. People injecting B12 know this, but some docs, who don't know, still include it in the labs.

Birdie

I drank another ounce today with no change... Other than some slight discoloration...

I'm thinking about increasing the dose. Dr. Peat refers to the following study where they use 15ml per day to combat depression:
A controlled trial of methylene blue in severe depressive illness - PubMed
I want to ask him what that kind of dose will do for hypothyroidism and aging in general.
Did you get to ask him about a good dose for what you needed? My husband has been taking one drop at bedtime and says it improves his sleep quality.
I've seen so many crash and burn while going after "mind blowing results".
Thanks Such.