KMUD: Temperature Set Point, Temperature Regulation.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
KMUD-Temperature Set Point, Temperature Regulation, Menopause, Night sweats, etc. 8/17/2012

Attachments

• kmud_120817_190000fritalk.mp3
    10.4 MB · Views: 560

yerrag

Interesting take on flamingos, which eat blue-green algae that grow in warm, salty lakes in Africa. That the warm water conditions virtually exclude the flamingos from eating PUFAs, and this may account for their long life.

Also mentioned are fish from the warm waters of the Amazon, where water temperatures range from 75-85 degrees F. The fats in these fish are highly saturated. For me, this is a good thing as this means fish in other places with similar climates will likely be similarly high in saturated fats, and thus, more healthful to eat.

Because I raise koi as a hobby, I find these information shared by Ray Peat of great significance. I would incorporate plenty of spirulina, a popular kind of blue-green algae, into the food I feed to my koi. I use it because the spirulina has plenty of carotenoids that give koi rich coloration, especially with the reds. There is a similar effect on the flamingos, which is why the flamingos get their pinkish coloration.

However, I wasn't particular about the source of my spirulina, as far as whether it was sourced from cold waters or warm waters. I was focused on whether the spirulina would contain heavy metals, and for this reason I avoided spirulina from China, which is often sold as being organic but would have the reputation of being tainted with heavy metals. I ended up getting from a Hawaiian Source, Nutrex Pacifica. It isn't organic, but from what I understand it to be, the company decided to opt out of organic certification because it did not agree with the definition of what constitutes having spirulina labelled as organic. Anyway, I suppose I should check further with Nutrex to see the saturated/unsaturated data it has on its spirulina. I would definitely prefer having as little PUFAs.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals