Need Help. Tooth Decay. Yellow Teeth White Spots

TurtleNeck

How do I take care of my teeth? I haven't brushed them for a long time and for a long time no toothpaste too. Now I am back to using fluoride toothpaste in hopes I can reverse some of this damage. Anything else I can do about this my teeth are falling apart and im only 22!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0823 (2).JPG
    IMG_0823 (2).JPG
    164.4 KB · Views: 229

Constatine

High dose vitamin k2 will fix it. Aim for at least 15 mg a day. You can even go up to 45 mg a day if 15 is not working. Make sure to have adequate vitamine d and a. Magnesium, and calcium levels as well.

Note

You have white spots on your teeth like me unless it's plague?

Lecarpetron

Xylitol based mouth rinse might help, it changes the bacterial profile of saliva over the course of a few months.

Note

High dose vitamin k2 will fix it. Aim for at least 15 mg a day. You can even go up to 45 mg a day if 15 is not working. Make sure to have adequate vitamine d and a. Magnesium, and calcium levels as well.

I take 2 drops of vit.K2 and vit D3 8000 iu, calcium from cheese and green broth, magnesium - epsom salt and green broth, chocolate.
My teeth are also very sensitive.

x-ray peat

I agree with above. Flouride can cause white spots. I would avoid it in toothpaste but in water as well. Its a lie that its healthy for the teeth btw. With that said, it might be time to go to the dentist

marteagal

I have developed the same kind of spots on my front teeth, but less severe than @TurtleNeck.

My dentist said it's "pre-caries" = decalcification. And he said, the enamel has lost too much calcium, so it's very unlikely that I'll be able to re-mineralize it. There is simply no matrix left which could incorporate the calcium. Something like that was his explanation.

However, a member here on the forum posted some terrific studies (I think there was a third one):

Lelli et al. (2014) Remineralization and repair of enamel surface by biomimetic Zn-carbonate hydroxyapatite containing toothpaste: A comparative in vivo study

Mukherjee et al. (2016) Repairing human tooth enamel with leucine-rich amelogenin peptide-chitosan hydrogel

Like I mentioned elsewhere, I believe the decalcification was caused by drinking OJ without rinsing my mouth afterwards. It's corrosion. The spots developed within a few months. Since using a straw when drinking OJ and rinsing with milk, the condition has been halted. My teeth have not deteriorated further (for 14 months now).

My plan is to keep the condition stable until the procedures presented in the above studies have been perfected ...

EDIT:

BTW.: The spots developed while I was completely off fluoride tooth pastes. After the dentist and myself were shocked, he recommended to urgently re-start using a fluoride tooth paste, which I did for probably 8 months. But given the great harm fluoride causes - RP: "it just takes one fluoride atom to ruin the T3 molecule" - I stopped it again.

Also, 45 mg vitamin K2 daily for a month and about 8 mg daily since then have not improved the condition. Maybe the K2 has stabilized it.

Last edited:

Note

I have developed the same kind of spots on my front teeth, but less severe than @TurtleNeck.

My dentist said it's "pre-caries" = decalcification. And he said, the enamel has lost too much calcium, so it's very unlikely that I'll be able to re-mineralize it. There is simply no matrix left which could incorporate the calcium. Something like that was his explanation.

However, a member here on the forum posted some terrific studies (I think there was a third one):

Lelli et al. (2014) Remineralization and repair of enamel surface by biomimetic Zn-carbonate hydroxyapatite containing toothpaste: A comparative in vivo study

Mukherjee et al. (2016) Repairing human tooth enamel with leucine-rich amelogenin peptide-chitosan hydrogel

Like I mentioned elsewhere, I believe the decalcification was caused by drinking OJ without rinsing my mouth afterwards. It's corrosion. The spots developed within a few months. Since using a straw when drinking OJ and rinsing with milk, the condition has been halted. My teeth have not deteriorated further (for 14 months now).

My plan is to keep the condition stable until the procedures presented in the above studies have been perfected ...

EDIT:

BTW.: The spots developed while I was completely off fluoride tooth pastes. After the dentist and myself were shocked, he recommended to urgently re-start using a fluoride tooth paste, which I did for probably 8 months. But given the great harm fluoride causes - RP: "it just takes one fluoride atom to ruin the T3 molecule" - I stopped it again.

Also, 45 mg vitamin K2 daily for a month and about 8 mg daily since then have not improved the condition. Maybe the K2 has stabilized it.

Do you rinse your teeth with milk after OJ or all meals?
It is enough to get regular pasterised skimmed milk or better full fat?

I didn't drink OJ and developed white lessions, I do believe maybe due to lack of calcium.

Parsifal

I have the same problem since I've started Peating. Never ate a high calcium diet before and never had issues with my diet. I'm getting enough D, K2 and Potassium so starting to wonder if the peope saying that taking a lot of calcium (600mg to 1g/day) could not cause decalcification. Could also be because of sugar. Brushing teeth is starting to become really painful.

marteagal

Do you rinse your teeth with milk after OJ or all meals?
It is enough to get regular pasterised skimmed milk or better full fat?

Just after OJ. I think most people rinse with plain water or water/baking soda. I just use milk because I drink it anyways, although it is slightly acidic (pH = 6.4-6.8).

@Parsifal: I developed the white spots while getting about 2500 mg calcium per day. I never got such spots before eating Peatish where I drank zero milk and probably was severly short on calcium (> 10 years).

Tenacity

Dental health has always been one of my greatest concerns - not because I have any severe dental issues, but because bad teeth seem like the least easily fixable condition.

I think there are two conditions to keeping teeth healthy:

1) Keep the oral environment at a pH of around 6 or 7 for the majority of the time.
2) Be able to provide the cofactors that makeup the structure of the teeth.

Teeth are similar to bone, so in theory a diet that is bone-protective should also be beneficial to teeth. Constantine mentioned all of the most bone-protective nutrients; calcium, magnesium, and the fat soluble vitamins A, D and K.

Newly formed bone is comprised of calcium carbonate, but soon changes its structure to become calcium phosphate. So keeping CO2 and thyroid high should be another priority for anyone looking to protect their bones and teeth.

I remember Peat saying that most calcium lost from bones occurs at night, so drinking milk or eating other dairy before bed could minimise such losses, as well as generally minimising nocturnal stress.

The potential flaw in the above is that teeth may not be bones, or that they are not like bones, and therefore a bone-protective diet would have little effect on tooth health. If this were true, we'd expect to see little correlation between osteoporosis and dental disorders, but one study shows that there is indeed a link. Effect of Osteoporosis on Oral Health | Insight Medical Publishing

Women with osteoporosis are three times more likely to experience tooth loss than those who do not have the disease.

I think food choice is important also. A couple of months ago I developed pain on a molar, and there did look to be some kind of damage to its surface. I knew it had to be a localised issue, as I chew predominantly on the left side and the right side of my mouth had no issues. So I stopped eating any chewy acidic food, and foods that left an acidic residue in the mouth for a long time (even after rinsing). This included apples and melons, so I stopped eating them. Oranges for some reason don't seem to feel that acidic in my mouth, and don't leave an acidic residue after eating like melons did. After a couple of months of eating just milk, cheese, oranges, OJ, dates and chocolate, and making sure to keep the mouth pH at an appropriate level, I no longer have pain.

I think foods that are high in sugar but relatively low in nutrition, including some fruits like apples and processed foods like candy, should be replaced with foods that are higher in the bone-protective nutrients in order to ensure that any tooth-healing functions are in place.

Last edited:

Note

My main source of calcium is 50 gram cheese, cup of green broth and sometimes greek style yogurt.
I do not think it's a lot calcium?

I eat also starches, but ate before as well with no white lessions.[/quote]

tomisonbottom

Interesting. Have you had experience with this?

baccheion

W...w...hy haven't you brushed?

AOR Ortho-Core (or Life Extension Two-per-day), Life Extension D + K, and Doctor's Best High Absorption Magnesium split across 2 servings with food containing fat. And Uncle Harry's Natural Toothpaste. And eating well (eliminate/minimize refined sugar and grains if you can).

Last edited:

Waremu

Plenty of Vitamin K2, A, D, magnesium and calcium, proper calcium to phos. ratio (which for me means avoiding starches), and brushing after every meal (I wait 20 min after eating for teeth health) is what reversed mu cavities completely. Lots of OJ and raw milk in my diet. Liver and plenty of zinc too. Ate starches which skewed my calcium to phos. ratio and cavities came back, but then went away when I went back to just fruit as my main carb source. Washing your moth out with baking soda and brush your teeth after every meal and floss! It's important regardless of what some may say. It works as well.

bboone

How do I take care of my teeth? I haven't brushed them for a long time and for a long time no toothpaste too. Now I am back to using fluoride toothpaste in hopes I can reverse some of this damage. Anything else I can do about this my teeth are falling apart and im only 22!!!

this looks like some sort of acid-induced damage. i haven't used toothpaste in five or six years (i'm 23) and haven't seen anything like this. i haven't supplemented with K2 either until recently, and then in very low doses.

baccheion

this looks like some sort of acid-induced damage. i haven't used toothpaste in five or six years (i'm 23) and haven't seen anything like this. i haven't supplemented with K2 either until recently, and then in very low doses.
No toothpaste? What's your diet like? What supplements? What in place of toothpaste? Do you still brush?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals