Anyone Else Still A Fan Of Bright Light?

encerent

I think @ecstatichamster recommends redlightman mini-led. I am not sure what makes his better than the one I linked to above for $20 bucks. I think you get to pick a better wavelength 670 or 620 vs 660 but I think 660 is good enough as I'm sure there is a spread that covers more wavelengths. Check amazon to see if they ship international

The wavelength of that light is pretty ideal. I also use the 630 nm version to hit the other peak in the 2nd graph. I use a lot of different lights as you might have gathered, including the broad spectrum incandescents and a very high intensity 850 nm LED panel. The latter is the only one I think that can damage you with overuse.

Attachments

• abi_sprectral.jpg
    abi_sprectral.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Fig3.gif
    Fig3.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 15

Stevie

I have a red/infrared mini from Redlightman which I've been using three times a day since Christmas. The wavelength of the red light is 670nm and the infrared is 830nm. I've noticed already that my face seems a lot less angry (the skin I mean not my general countenance). It's very spotty for someone my age and I have rosacea on my nose. Laser treatment never worked for me, so this small improvement has me quite hopeful.

Stryker

I got the standard large red light from redlightman and shining it on the perineum or testes causes an almost irresistible sexual interest.

I am always super careful about the red light. I use it very close but I only use it for a brief period of time. I think you can't let something heat up whether it's your testicles or your thyroid. And it's really easy to do. 10 or 20 seconds is about all you want to at one time, so do several sessions a day.

Peater Pan

I am always super careful about the red light. I use it very close but I only use it for a brief period of time. I think you can't let something heat up whether it's your testicles or your thyroid. And it's really easy to do. 10 or 20 seconds is about all you want to at one time, so do several sessions a day.
Seems like dosing is tricky due to biphasic response. I'd be willing to bet most people are overdosing, the long term damage of which is probably not well studied. When you say "red light," do you mean LEDs ~600-900nm or any light source, e.g, sun, incandescents, etc.? I have an LGS3 (620 & 670) handheld. Thinking about an 830 for thyroid and dental.

Waynish

Restriction of such narrow bands of "good light" from a broad spectrum of "bad light" is silly... And these people think they're all about doing what is natural... Sun is broad spectrum.

Peater Pan

Restriction of such narrow bands of "good light" from a broad spectrum of "bad light" is silly... And these people think they're all about doing what is natural... Sun is broad spectrum.
For those in cold, dark climates half the year, what's the best approach? 250-300 W incandescents at 130 volts?

Waynish

For those in cold, dark climates half the year, what's the best approach? 250-300 W incandescents at 130 volts?

Adjust diet, infrared or regular sauna, then a bit of Vitamin D lights + red lights when you feel like you need it.

Peater Pan

Adjust diet, infrared or regular sauna, then a bit of Vitamin D lights + red lights when you feel like you need it.
I didn't know Vit D lights were a thing. Thanks. When you say "red lights," what exactly do you mean?