Altitude Tent - Worth It?

EndAllDisease

pyttsan said:
post 50551 Lately I've been playing with the idea of buying an altitude tent from http://www.hypoxico.com/products/deluxe-bed-tent/

How about you buy the tent, and instead of using their machine which adds reduced-oxygen air to the tent interior, you replace that with a CO2 tank and have it fill the tent with 2 or 3% CO2 before you go to bed? Would this not be the ultimate method of preventing and reversing all disease and maximizing health?

Last edited by a moderator:

EndAllDisease

I have just messaged hypoxico for a quote on two of their tents alone (without the hypoxic air generator), and to find out of their tents are air tight. If so, my next step will be to find/buy a CO2 detector for inside to measure the CO2 percentage so I can increase levels to about 2% before bed and have it record, graph and monitor it throughout a nights sleep to see what happens to CO2 levels.

tara

FlatEarth said:
post 117665 I have just messaged hypoxico for a quote on two of their tents alone (without the hypoxic air generator), and to find out of their tents are air tight. If so, my next step will be to find/buy a CO2 detector for inside to measure the CO2 percentage so I can increase levels to about 2% before bed and have it record, graph and monitor it throughout a nights sleep to see what happens to CO2 levels.
If you are thinking of completely excluding fresh air, do you also want to know what happens to oxygen levels?

The point is less oxygen, not more carbon dioxide.

tara

Such_Saturation said:
post 117706 The point is less oxygen, not more carbon dioxide.
Maybe less oxygen is part of the point, but there are limits to how low you can safely go, and I'd be interested in knowing if an airtight tent I was sleeping in was in danger of approaching those limits.

tara said:
post 117721
Such_Saturation said:
post 117706 The point is less oxygen, not more carbon dioxide.
Maybe less oxygen is part of the point, but there are limits to how low you can safely go, and I'd be interested in knowing if an airtight tent I was sleeping in was in danger of approaching those limits.

Wel, since a mountain can kill as well as heal, you can imagine...

tara

Such_Saturation said:
post 117734 Wel, since a mountain can kill as well as heal, you can imagine...
:lol: yeah, I guess, practice playing with danger like a mountaineer.

EndAllDisease

I received an email back from Hypoxico and they said the tents aren't airtight, and have air exchanging vents as safety precautions.

I know this thread is on altitude tents, but my goal is to mimic a burrow with elevated CO2 levels, like many small animals create for themselves. Ray talks about bats having been found to live 42 years or more due to the elevated CO2 levels in their caves, I think it would be amazing to artificially create such an environment to sleep in. I feel stuck with this one though, will come back to it if I have any fresh ideas.

Agent207

What about the guy who sells co2 products around here? Does he have any device that can be used for a sleep tent setup?