Vitamin K2-Mk4 Now Available!

OP
healthnatura

healthnatura

1)I actually meant to ask whether the MK-7 is a derivative from Soy and how good the quality of this MK-7 actually is.
Because I don't know that much about Mk-7, I'll also ask what different sources of Mk-7 are actually possible (google left me even more confused then before)

The company I use says the source material is not soy, but a green leafy vegetable (unspecified for proprietary reasons) supposedly. The Mk7 in the True K2 is residual from the production process that has not been refined out. Not added. What I have discovered is that the more the product is processed to remove the residual isomers, mostly Mk7 and Mk9 the more you damage the Mk4 molecule. These residual isomers are always present to some degree, depending on the purity.

2) From my understandings, there are those different state (isomers) in some Mk-7 supplements, which renders it useless/less effective. At the moment, I am using thorne's MK4 and a different Mk-7 supplement (200 mcg) next to it. This supplement is wayyyyy cheaper because it has 110 mcg of Mk-7 per drop (which means 2 drops would give me approx 220 mcg) and that still would leave me with approx 715 dosages (because it has 1430 dosages). That's wayyyyy more then the 100 capsules that's in the supplement I use currently. I certainly do not imply that cheaper automatically means less quality. In fact, there are enough supplements out there that do better in many cases (while also being much cheaper). It just would be astonishing, if this would actually be a high quality product for that price, because then I don't really need to look further

There are two isomers that menaquinones can exist, cis and trans. Both forms exist in the body, with the trans form being the biologically active form. Some of the metabolic processes in the body produce result in the trans form converting to cis form K2. The body has the ability to recycle K2 back into the trans form. However, the best K2 should be the trans form, so that it as ready to use as possible. My K2 is a high trans type, due to its less intense processing, between 90 and 95% trans menaquinones. The more the product is purified, the higher the cis rate tends to be.

OP
healthnatura

healthnatura

I love your K2, but why is the 20mg/drop version more expensive (per mg) than the 1mg/drop version?
Great question, the prices per milligram between the two are within one penny, both for the regular price and the sale price. The slightly higher price per milligram on the 20mg per drop is mostly due to higher packaging costs. Even still, we are one of the best priced products on the market for a high end K2-Mk4.

churchmouth

Can this be used through the skin? For some reason I am only just reading now that MCT isn't particularly good for transdermal.

OP
healthnatura

healthnatura

Can this be used through the skin? For some reason I am only just reading now that MCT isn't particularly good for transdermal.
Sorry for the delay in replying to this post, I've been doing a lot of traveling doing site inspections for new products.
MCT oil does absorb through the skin, although I would not consider it a transdermal carrier. I would expect that you get some benefit from topical use, but you will get maximum benefit from oral use.

Makrosky

Finally received it.

This is the best K2 I have ordered. It's also the best priced.

And I have ordered a lot, thorne, life extension, kuinone by haidut, 15mg capsules by complementary prescriptions.
Which differences do you notice between haidut's and this ?

Koveras

On the subject of cases that have documented damage due to non bio identical Mks there really isn't anything I can point to. It's more of a bio-chem theory basis of what we know about the pathways involved and the sensitivity to the precise molecular shape of molecules and their interactions with receptor sites. There have been no studies comparing the two because there is no differentiation in the industry or interest to look into the subject. Another effect of the dark space in this area.

Some validation (although they were looking at MK7)

Food Chem. 2018 Mar 15;243:403-409. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2017.10.001. Epub 2017 Oct 3.
Identification of cis/trans isomers of menaquinone-7 in food as exemplified by dietary supplements.
Szterk A1, Zmysłowski A2, Bus K2.
For the first time, the cis/trans isomer content of menaquinone-7 in food products has been identified and marked. A novel method of marking isomers of vitamin K2MK-7 in dietary supplements was developed and validated. Five different isomers of cis/trans vitamin K2MK-7 were identified. Identification of cis/trans isomers was performed by HRMS-QTOF, whereas their quantities were determined by using CAD and DAD detectors. In the majority of cases, the content of biologically active all trans vitamin K2MK-7 was below its declared content. The content of all trans K2MK-7 was in the range between 5.5 and 49 µg in pills. In one of the studied supplements, this vitamin was not found, regardless of the claim on the product label. The content of cis/trans isomers in certain dietary supplements exceeded the content of all trans K2MK-7 by up to 3.7 times.

jacbo546

I'd rather have mk-7 in there as well as it last longer in the body and not having to take mk4 like 2-3 times a day... And besides a diverse blend of K2 (mk-4, mk-7, mk-9 etc..) is a good thing, I've read that K2 might be needed in a complex form like vitamin B.

Insomnia

@healthnatura Hi, I was wondering the following:

1) New bottle says this
Supplement Facts
1 drop provides 1mg of Vitamin K2 complex as:
Mk4 - 0.89mg
Mk7 - Trace
Other menaquinones - Trace

2) Old bottle says this
Each drops provides Vitamin K2 as:
Mk4 - 0.89mg
Mk7 0.11mg

So what I am asking is, how big is the mk7 amount described by the worth "trace", same as the old bottle or less?

OP
healthnatura

healthnatura

Our True K2 Mk4 1mg is now made without any Mk7. We do have plans to launch a K2-MK7 later this year.

OP
healthnatura

healthnatura

Guru, your product has improved a lot after this modification (tried both).
Thanks for the review! We appreciate how are customers feel about our product.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals