Hyperventilating Makes Me Chilled To The Bone!

tara

What exactly are endotoxins
Mostly lipopolysaccharides (LPS), part of the cell-walls of gram negative intestinal bacteria, which are left in the gut when those bacteria die. If the gut barrier is compromised, and under constipation, excessive amounts of it can pass into the blood stream and be a burden to several systems.

This is one of the reasons Peat recommends the raw carrot salad (or cooked bamboo shoots) for most people - to help carry out and reduce endotoxin absorption, and to be aware of foods that feed excessive bacterial growth (starches and many fibres). When it's a more serious issue, he sometimes recommends antibiotics to reduce bacterial numbers. And for constipation, well-aged cascara sagrada.

OP
Mmmaurshmallows
Seriously just rest as much as you can right now, try to stay warm, keep your nutrition up, maintain calm breathing as much as possible and most of all try not to get too stressed. Everything should start to fall into place.
Thank you for those words of encouragement Blossom! I really need to hear those right now. Going LCHF has turned me into a miserable mess, making my journey back to health very challenging. A naturopath tested my system and said I have the body of an 86 y.o.! (I'm 52) I've had brain decline, especially the last few years. It's gotten rather dark and depressing in here, making life sometimes unbearable. I'm planning to make a post about this...how fish oil and grass-fed butters and meats are directly to blame for it, among other things. It never made any sense...til RP gave me some hope. But it makes remembering to avoid the foods that are continuing to destroy my gut, and having the willpower to say no, very difficult. Plus I'm already dealing with a depersonalized brain of 20 years!

"a peaceful and beautiful setting and in a supportive and nurturing environment just to get some R&R and be around like minded people"...definitely would be a dream come true. On the RP FB page they are talking about having a retreat...maybe in Europe somewhere?!? I say let's have one in the U.S., some beautiful place like the desert or the Smokie mountains, someplace kinda centrally located. How about Hot Springs, Arkansas? I just saw a story about it on tv, and I want to go sit in those warm waters! I'm also up for Hot Springs, SD, or even beautiful Denver. :happy:

Is it completely unheard of??

Last edited:
OP
Mmmaurshmallows
Yes I think Peat has said clean eggshells are likely less contaminated by heavy metals. etc than oystershell - I just use what I've been able to get so far.
Great! Thanks again! I never could get them down, so adding them to cheesecake, and maybe other recipes, makes great sense.

OP
Mmmaurshmallows
A hospital that effectively supported recovery from chronic ill health by focussing primarily on appropriate nutrition and the odd temporary supplements? In the US, I'd expect it to be shut down by the AMA pretty quick

You got that right Tara! But actually there are plenty of alternative health centers across the U.S. run by chiropractors and osteopaths and nutritionists and other types of healers. I just don't think most are effective cause most are all about avoiding sugar, of course, and of course pushing the 'almighty' plants, while avoiding those 'bad' animal foods. If I can start feeling better soon...become more functional...I have plans on opening one up myself...maybe...some day. :wideyed:

There is also a big movement towards local/sustainable, which includes grass-fed organics. All hope isn't necessarily lost!

OP
Mmmaurshmallows
And for constipation, well-aged cascara sagrada

The Cascara Sagrada that I have is in the form of a product called ColonClenz. Do you know if this is fermented? Otherwise I don't know what/where that is. Thx! :D

Giraffe

It seems like my body can't cope when my breathing slows, so when it does I start to get the feeling of air hunger.
Maureen, has some obstruction to your lungs been ruled out? Have you ever tested CO2? - I wonder if high Co2 causes you to hyperventilate.

Have you ever tried hands-on therapy? (Rolfing? Osteopathy? ...)

On the supplemental side: Have you tried pregnenolone?

OP
Mmmaurshmallows
Maureen, has some obstruction to your lungs been ruled out? Have you ever tested CO2? - I wonder if high Co2 causes you to hyperventilate

No, but I've stopped going to docs for lots of reasons...most which I have no control of. I may consider going again if I find a bunch of reasons that they can actually be helpful...tests, etc. Have you ever heard of someone having too much CO2?

Have you ever tried hands-on therapy? (Rolfing? Osteopathy? ..

Yes, at the beginning I was helped by myofascial release. Since my employment status has been poor since I got bad HS I have no money for that.

On the supplemental side: Have you tried pregnenolone?

Yes, but unfortunately I am a difficult case. Most supplements, except B vitamins, make my mind worse. Pregnenalone definitely made my mind bad.

Thank you Giraffe for your help! :cat:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Have you ever heard of someone having too much CO2?
There are some medical conditions that can involve having too much CO2 due to the lungs inability exhale properly which is basically classified under the diagnostic umbrella of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease including the more commonly known condition called emphysema. Some restrictions can impair breathing from the outside of the lungs and this is considered a Restrictive Lung Disease scenario and can occur with certain structural abnormalities such as curvatures of the spine. In these circumstances people can feel short of breath from the inability to blow off their CO2 and as it builds up the breathing is impacted. I'm not mentioning any of these situations to scare you at all but just to answer your question and explain that there are situations where the CO2 is sometimes considered chronically elevated by the medical community.

I think more often than not many of us get in a viscous cycle of hyperventilating due to anxiety and stress and from following flawed mainstream deep breathing recommendations. So sometimes it's just simply anxiety which is no fun but a better situation to be in nonetheless.

If you are concerned that you may have an actual pulmonary issue causing high CO2 then the best approach would be to ask a doctor for a Pulmonary Function Test. Without knowing your personal details it's hard to say if going through the testing would be worth it or not. That is certainly something only you can decide. I have noticed that some issues seem to show up in middle age that a person has probably been living with for quite awhile but the body is no longer compensating as well as it did in it's youth.

There are plenty of things that can impact breathing and my purpose here was only to briefly cover the basic physical conditions that could cause chronically elevated CO2.

I hope you find some resolution to your hyperventilation issues.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
Mmmaurshmallows
OP
Mmmaurshmallows
There are some medical conditions that can involve having too much CO2 due to the lungs inability exhale properly which is basically classified under the diagnostic umbrella of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease including the more commonly known condition called emphysema. Some restrictions can impair breathing from the outside of the lungs and this is considered a Restrictive Lung Disease scenario and can occur with certain structural abnormalities such as curvatures of the spine. In these circumstances people can feel short of breath from the inability to blow off their CO2 and as it builds up the breathing is impacted. I'm not mentioning any of these situations to scare you at all but just to answer your question and explain that there are situations where the CO2 is sometimes considered chronically elevated by the medical community.

I think more often than not many of us get in a viscous cycle of hyperventilating due to anxiety and stress and from following flawed mainstream deep breathing recommendations. So sometimes it's just simply anxiety which is no fun but a better situation to be in nonetheless.

If you are concerned that you may have an actual pulmonary issue causing high CO2 then the best approach would be to ask a doctor for a Pulmonary Function Test. Without knowing your personal details it's hard to say if going through the testing would be worth it or not. That is certainly something only you can decide. I have noticed that some issues seem to show up in middle age that a person has probably been living with for quite awhile but the body is no longer compensating as well as it did in it's youth.

There are plenty of things that can impact breathing and my purpose here was only to briefly cover the basic physical conditions that could cause chronically elevated CO2.

I hope you find some resolution to your hyperventilation issues.

Thank you Blossom! That was a little scary to read, but good to know. I don't think that's me, although with my extreme case it could make sense. I believe it's a combination of anxiety, acid reflux, brain damage/DP, and lactic acid. I've FINALLY found some awesome people that seem to understand me, and the best solution to fix me. It's so hopeful!