Unable To Place Order/PayPal Declining Orders

Sheik

I'm glad to hear PayPal is dispensable.

And hey, at least it happened roughly when Haidut was going on vacation anyway. Seems kinda lucky.

And hey, at least it happened roughly when Haidut was going on vacation anyway. Seems kinda lucky.

Or, kinda suspicious :tinfoilhat

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut just sent you a PM about payment processing alternative to PayPal.

Thanks Lisa, much appreciated! Btw, PayPal seems to be enacting sweeping reforms for all merchants. They have changed their payment policy and now all sales beyond the first $1,000 are on hold for 21 business days until the funds are available to the merchant. You can't even use them within your PayPal account! Wow, just wow!

haidut

Forum Supporter
Why don't they like DMSO?

Yep, apparently it is on their list of banned substances since yesterday. And of course, no warning, no asking to take down offending products, etc. Just suspend the account and call it a day.

haidut

Forum Supporter

I know right! And we managed to ship all orders that came in today and withdraw (most) of the proceeds for the day. PayPal still kept a good chunk frozen but they should send these as a check after 3 month "quarantine" time. I do consider us lucky. It could have been a lot worse.

haidut

Forum Supporter
PayPal probably just caught on that IdeaLabs added products containing DMSO.

Yep, customer service agent told me they review accounts periodically and mine was up the queue this time. She said the department banning accounts is so exclusive and so up the chain she cannot even submit a claim for appeal. I don't know if that is true but even the account manager whom she called said he is not allowed to see anything in the system. He seemed geniunely pissed to be losing the cash flow...So, it must be something legal and beyond the grasp of peons like me and the reps. Anyways, they were nice and did not sound like they were making things up on the fly.

L

lollipop

Thanks Lisa, much appreciated! Btw, PayPal seems to be enacting sweeping reforms for all merchants. They have changed their payment policy and now all sales beyond the first $1,000 are on hold for 21 business days until the funds are available to the merchant. You can't even use them within your PayPal account! Wow, just wow!
Totally crazy! PayPal did something similar a few years back with people involved in bitcoin - completely froze their accounts. Glad you are going to switch - better for you long term. I do find the flow of life interesting that it occurred on the exact day of "vacation". Life seems to be supporting you :) We are anyway...

One edit: strange that I have not received the order you sent on Monday literally one hour after placing it. Your products have never taken this long. Funny on Wed, I had this strange feeling that they might have been held up. I said to myself, "Where did this thought come from? Come on Lisa, don't get all paranoid." And then this today. Anyway, let's watch it all play out and glad you are moving on!

haidut

Forum Supporter
Totally crazy! PayPal did something similar a few years back with people involved in bitcoin - completely froze their accounts. Glad you are going to switch - better for you long term. I do find the flow of life interesting that it occurred on the exact day of "vacation". Life seems to be supporting you :) We are anyway...

All I can say is - thank God for people like the bunch on this forum!

tara

Why don't they like DMSO?
I think it's considered a hazardous substance in a number of jurisdictions. I don't know what the deal is in the US.

I hope it's not (but fear it is) a part of a general world-wide trend of further restricting substances to support the MIC monopoly.

NathanK

Haidut just joined the long line of merchants that cant stand paypal. I only use them for digital products and micro payments. I remember my old assistant complaining how they had frozen a couple hundred grand without notice a few years ago. Just move on. I think the $1000 3 week holding period has been around a while. Good luck.

milk_lover

Paypal is the worst! good luck, haidut. Hopefully you get this sorted out as quickly as possible to continue improving the lives of many people.

SQu

Did the issue with Paypal declining orders because of DMSO get resolved? I just ordered lisuride and tyronene and they don't have DMSO, but no Paypal option which is a pity. I don't love Paypal but I wanted to use up the money I have in it that it would cost me a lot to move out, so would rather use it on something like this. If all goes well with this, my first order, I was planning to try a few other products

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals