Progestene - Liquid Progesterone (bioidentical)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
pregnenelone, dhea products

Because USP-grade, pharmaceutical-certified progesterone is not cheap to come by. You can Google and see what suppliers like Sigma charge.

johnwester130

1) I am a male. This has not decreased my sex drive, in fact it remained the same and sometimes a little bit higher.

2) There does seem to be a difference in my hair, slightly thicker - but this is always difficult to tell.

johnwester130

My progesterone label says 1 drop = 1mg

So 1 drop of progestene = 3 drop of progest e , because the DMSO increases the potency by a large factor

Mufasa

1) I am a male. This has not decreased my sex drive, in fact it remained the same and sometimes a little bit higher.

2) There does seem to be a difference in my hair, slightly thicker - but this is always difficult to tell.

It would be interesting to see before and after pictures for your hair.

johnwester130

I will try and find some good pictures.

I have also noticed I now have nose bleeds whilst taking this.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Could this product cause rectal bleeding ? I think I need to stop taking this.

Progesterone can cause bleeding in higher doses, it is a well-known side effect. So, I'd stop and before resuming I would do a blood test for platelet count and prothrombin time (PT) to see where you stand. Some people are really sensitive to the blood thinning effects of progesterone, aspirin, vitamin E, and caffeine.

Saracatt

I just got my first bottle of Progestene today! I am happy so far.

I have been using Progest-e for the past year, but I have felt like it hasn't been as effective lately.

I just took one 10 drop dose and rubbed it into my arms. Within minutes, I felt relaxed the way I used to feel with the Progest-e. I am having a stressful day today.

Will keep reporting on progress!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I just got my first bottle of Progestene today! I am happy so far.

I have been using Progest-e for the past year, but I have felt like it hasn't been as effective lately.

I just took one 10 drop dose and rubbed it into my arms. Within minutes, I felt relaxed the way I used to feel with the Progest-e. I am having a stressful day today.

Will keep reporting on progress!

Perfect, thanks so much for sharing! I do believe that 20mg topical progesterone dissolved in DMSO is equivalent to about 200mg oral micronized progesterone in terms of bioavailability. On top of that the DMSO also potentiates the effects of the actual steroid after absorption so the net effect should be a much more pronounced sedation and estrogen blocking effect even at half the dose (10mg Progestene).
Please do keep us posted on progress.

gilson dantas

@haidut,
I´m using a dose of 20 mg of progesterone [Progestene] and 20 mg of pregnenolone [StressNon] every day;
I am dealing with strogen dominance [with hipotireoidism; with urinary symptoms of prostate growth];
what do you think of a loading dose [attack] of 40 mg of progesterone, for instance divided in 10+10+10+10 for ten days for to optimize the treatment and hormonal balance against estrogen?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut,
I´m using a dose of 20 mg of progesterone [Progestene] and 20 mg of pregnenolone [StressNon] every day;
I am dealing with strogen dominance [with hipotireoidism; with urinary symptoms of prostate growth];
what do you think of a loading dose [attack] of 40 mg of progesterone, for instance divided in 10+10+10+10 for ten days for to optimize the treatment and hormonal balance against estrogen?

Depending on how high estrogen is, even 10mg progesterone may be sufficient. Have you measured prolactin and estrone sulfate (E1S)? That would give you an idea how high your estrogen is and how much progesterone you need.

gilson dantas

Good point, @haidut!
I think you nailed up at the core of the problem.
Let´s see it.
In my case, Prolactin is always high [about 10; to a desired level of 4 or 5, I think]
And estrone sulfate always stays around the 40 to 50 pg / ml
[I think it should be compared with progesterone, ant progesterone goes around 0.4 to 0.6 ng / ml;
in fact, I didn´t not learned how I make the comparison between the two; when I convert the two in pg / ml, I get a P / E ratio of 15; I think it is too little, and I think that relationship indicates strogenic dominance];
On the other hand, I think that the presence of prostate growth - with urinary symptoms - is an undeniable estrogen dominance indicator, no?

In short, I think perhaps I must to use 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 mg of transdermal progesterone per day [40 by day]. What do you think?

On the other hand I try to follow a diet based on what I have learned [I'm learning, actually] with R Peat: quality protein and quantity, OJ, no more unsaturated fats [even avocado that in the old days I used a lot], cheese, calf´s foot jelly, shrimp, liver, eggs, oxtail, small fish, butter, coconut oil; zero grains and cereals; papaya, coffee [6-7 per day]; and also aspirin 100mg / day, B6 100, 100 B3; and try to optimize the thyroid with NDT, 1 grain [ 9 mcg T3] 3/3 days; and I use the 20 mg / d of pregnenolone [stressNon]. My TSH has moved from 2,5 to 0,05, using higher dose of NDT;

What else could I do against estrogenic dominance? I thought about to use a higher dose of progesterone [40 mg] for ten days and then evaluated. What do you say about it? [Taking into account that my DHEA is very low - 2,0 - and the copper always low and homocysteine high, some like 11].

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Good point, @haidut!
I think you nailed up at the core of the problem.
Let´s see it.
In my case, Prolactin is always high [about 10; to a desired level of 4 or 5, I think]
And estrone sulfate always stays around the 40 to 50 pg / ml
[I think it should be compared with progesterone, ant progesterone goes around 0.4 to 0.6 ng / ml;
in fact, I didn´t not learned how I make the comparison between the two; when I convert the two in pg / ml, I get a P / E ratio of 15; I think it is too little, and I think that relationship indicates strogenic dominance];
On the other hand, I think that the presence of prostate growth - with urinary symptoms - is an undeniable estrogen dominance indicator, no?

In short, I think perhaps I must to use 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 mg of transdermal progesterone per day [40 by day]. What do you think?

On the other hand I try to follow a diet based on what I have learned [I'm learning, actually] with R Peat: quality protein and quantity, OJ, no more unsaturated fats [even avocado that in the old days I used a lot], cheese, calf´s foot jelly, shrimp, liver, eggs, oxtail, small fish, butter, coconut oil; zero grains and cereals; papaya, coffee [6-7 per day]; and also aspirin 100mg / day, B6 100, 100 B3; and try to optimize the thyroid with NDT, 1 grain [ 9 mcg T3] 3/3 days; and I use the 20 mg / d of pregnenolone [stressNon]. My TSH has moved from 2,5 to 0,05, using higher dose of NDT;

What else could I do against estrogenic dominance? I thought about to use a higher dose of progesterone [40 mg] for ten days and then evaluated. What do you say about it? [Taking into account that my DHEA is very low - 2,0 - and the copper always low and homocysteine high, some like 11].

IMO, the best remedy for estrogenic dominance in males is pregnenolone, DHEA, and of course DHT. The last one is the best option as it is an actual antagonist of the estrogen, prolactin, and glucocorticoid "receptors", AND if that was not enough it is also an inhibitor of TPH so it will lower serotonin synthesis as well. Truly unique steroid and perhaps the best for males there is. Progesterone also has some of these abilities but it is "weaker" then DHT at some of these effects and of course for males higher dose DHT is probably less likely to cause side effects compared to high dose progesterone.

gilson dantas

I am very impressed with your answer;
It seems to me, now, completely logical;
I will think about it, studying its implications, its physiological logic and came back to talk with you for sure;
in fact I think you were very accurate @haidut ;
thank you comrade!

One more question for today, if you allow me:
1 - My DHT goes up and down, month by month: 600, 120, 400, 650, I can´t see a pattern; [normal 250-990]; and testosterone usually stay at the level of 600 [normal 193-740]; what would be the impact with DHT supplementation? [Generally speaking of course]

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I am very impressed with your answer;
It seems to me, now, completely logical;
I will think about it, studying its implications, its physiological logic and came back to talk with you for sure;
in fact I think you were very accurate @haidut ;
thank you comrade!

One more question for today, if you allow me:
1 - My DHT goes up and down, month by month: 600, 120, 400, 650, I can´t see a pattern; [normal 250-990]; and testosterone usually stay at the level of 600 [normal 193-740]; what would be the impact with DHT supplementation? [Generally speaking of course]

Depends on the dose. If it is sufficient to inhibit aromatase then you'd see increase in both T and DHT. If the dose is high enough, you'd see lower T and higher DHT levels more than anything else. DHT stimulates its own synthesis much like pregnenolone, progesterone and DHEA do. In very high doses it will lower endogenous T production, so may see very low estrone, low T, low cortisol and high DHT.
DHT Stimulates Its Own Synthesis

gilson dantas

Very well. Those are so good informations.
My question is: what are the undesirable effects [all of them; the menu] of high DHT? [So I can evaluate pros and cons]

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Very well. Those are so good informations.
My question is: what are the undesirable effects [all of them; the menu] of high DHT? [So I can evaluate pros and cons]

I don't think there are any. If you take too much DHT as a supplement it may suppress endogenous synthesis of T. But even doses as high as 80mg DHT daily resulted in only mild suppression of steroid synthesis. So, in physiological doses I think this is as good as progesterone - no known bad side effects. Keep in mind that a synthetic DHT was approved as early as the 1950s in the USA for the treatment of breast cancer.
Drostanolone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, DHT lowers estrogen, prolactin, cortisol, GH, serotonin, etc and achieved remission even in some terminal breast cancer cases. Not much bad about this stuff really.