Anti Milk Facebook Post

Elie

Forum Supporter
Anyone up to addressing what this post says about milk in a concise straight forward way? Lots of anti-milk accusations. David Wolfe

We need a DebunkBot that can automate this.

XPlus

And I need an automatic like for such posts

SarahBeara

Having fought my fair share of futile online battles I now invoke the Winston Churchill quote:

“You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.”

Well if you're always borrowing stones though...

Agent207

What the hell is wrong with avocados?? pretty much the same fatty acid profile than olive oil.

snowboard111

What the hell is wrong with avocados?? pretty much the same fatty acid profile than olive oil.

Didn't thought much about the avocado themselves but about the David AVOCADO Wolfe...
Which in my head meant this; yoga retreat, detox, meditation, sunday smoothie with the friends, kale, chia seeds and all the good things you can imagine :D

After 15 minutes on his site, I wasn't that far off :p but I'm sure his 3 days seminar call The colors of nourishment for 355$ is pretty good...

XPlus

Having fought my fair share of futile online battles I now invoke the Winston Churchill quote:

“You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.”
I like that.

Stryker

im pretty sure i remember dewitt from the old peatarian forum posted a a few studies showing MUFA's inhibited thryoid as much as PUFA's did

Peater Piper

I think there's some legitimate concerns about dairy. But there's some great benefits as well. It's a question of whether or not the pros outweigh the cons.

I've wondered this as well. It's mostly MUFA, and there's quite a bit of Vitamin E in avocados. Not that I'd go gorging on them, but I don't see how a little guac would lead to liver failure.

CoolTweetPete

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Dr. Peat's stance on MUFA is in regard to consuming large amounts, like eating a whole avocado, or more like many of us used to do in our keto / paleo days. :shock:

Here's a quote on olive oil,

• Olive oil, though it is somewhat fattening, is less fattening than corn or soy oil, and contains an antioxidant which makes it protective against heart disease and cancer. - Dr Peat

thegiantess

Anyone up to addressing what this post says about milk in a concise straight forward way? Lots of anti-milk accusations. David Wolfe

Ugh. I'm so tired of the vegan propaganda non sense. It got me when I was like 17, but since then it just annoys the hell out of me. One can very simply stay away from massive factory farms to eliminate many of the issues he raises. Buy well sourced, organic, pasture raised milk from folks who actually care about the animals. Problem solved.

Last edited:
Ray Peat says oleic acid isn't like other MUFA, it has a special shape that has greater stability.

jyb

Assuming he is talking about the average milk at the store, I think he is correct. That is what people buy, not the elite grass fed, non homogeneised and plastic free milk.

paymanz

I think there's some legitimate concerns about dairy. But there's some great benefits as well. It's a question of whether or not the pros outweigh the cons.
+1

i want add that in ray's type of view milk s not optimal but it is a really good food, it have sugar , protein and some minerals like potassium,calcium... i "guess" if he have choice between milk and good quality fruit he would choice the later plus a calcium sup.just my understanding of ray's philosophy.

anyway be careful with david wolf ,he is not a scientist or even a serious researcher,well i dont know him in person but the way he talks and his mindset it is what i feel, he is most probably a scam and fraud ,a showman ,who just looking for money, and he has all the tools it needs to do so.sadly a person like him has that many likes on his fb page.

Last edited:

tara

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Dr. Peat's stance on MUFA is in regard to consuming large amounts, like eating a whole avocado, or more like many of us used to do in our keto / paleo days. :shock:

Here's a quote on olive oil,

• Olive oil, though it is somewhat fattening, is less fattening than corn or soy oil, and contains an antioxidant which makes it protective against heart disease and cancer. - Dr Peat
That's how I've read him too. And he's said a tsp of olive oil is fine - he doesn't recommend lots of it.

schultz

I am not sure it is worth the effort to rebut this. Most anti-milk people are like religious zealots who pollute peoples minds with their dogma. Nutritionism is such a new thing that people act like sponges and just incorporate most new knowledge they read, especially from these very assertive and confident people. Rationale people would at least ask for sources.

The argument I cringe the most at from anti-milk people is the "milk is meant for baby calves, so no other creature should consume it" argument. It's like nobody thought about that statement for more than 2 seconds. Milk is one of the only foods actually designed for mammals and actually meant to be consumed as a food.

Here is a quote from one of the commenters...

"Just read through some comments. Have any of you that are saying this isn't true actually did the research on this or know how your body breaks down another animals milk in your digestive system (hint, it doesn't ) before saying it's lies get educated on the way your body works and how it breaks down what you ingest. That's just the tip of the iceberg of why we shouldn't be drinking milk"

Quick! Someone needs to let Ray know that our body doesn't even digest milk! Looks like he's not educated on how the body works...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals