Ray Peat Diet, Food Choices, And General Guidelines

heartnhands

Also read: Notes Toward an "Optimal Peat Diet" | Ray Peat Forum

The information below is pulled from other sites. We are in the process of putting together our own chart and food recommendation list at the link above based on Ray Peat philosophies.

*Graphic above is used with permission from Steven Smith.

Proteins:
Daily protein should be at least 80 grams, preferably 100 if you are working or otherwise active. An egg has about 6 grams, a quart of milk about 32 grams, meat, cheese, and fish are usually about 20% protein, so a pound would be enough for a day. It's important to have fruit or other carbohydrate with the protein for efficient metabolism. Milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish are good protein sources, and potato protein is high in quality, if the potato is very well cooked and eaten with butter or cream. Although potatoes contain only about 2% protein, a kilogram of potato has roughly the protein value of a liter of milk (which is 3% protein), because of its high quality. Unless you are buying eggs from a verified grass-fed, free range source he recommends limiting them to one or two a day, and making sure to have plenty of carbohydrate around the same time to prevent sugar crash.

Meats like ground beef, steak, liver, and pork chops are rich in cysteine, which “turns off” the thyroid gland as soon as your body uses up it’s glycogen and ideally shouldn't be your main source of protein. Muscle meats should be eaten with the gelatin it comes with, or supplemental gelatin (see below), to balance out an anti-thyroid amino acid called tryptophan (which is also found in whey protein formulations). Traditionally, muscle meats are eaten with the fat, skin and the gelatin that they come with, so this is mostly an issue in first-world countries where we have protein powders and pure muscle meats readily available. Chicken liver contains such a small amount of fat it's okay to have in addition to or instead of beef liver (which should be consumed weekly). Pork or chicken every 7- 10 days is okay if your metabolic rate (thyroid function) is good. When chicken is stewed, gelatin from the skin is valuable, and much of the fat can be skimmed off(just remember chicken is not optimal). With any of the muscle meats, including fish, gelatin is helpful for balancing the high cysteine, methionine, and tryptophan content. Regarding bacon, Peat says, “The nitrate isn't likely to be a problem if you eat it with orange juice. I fry the bacon to remove some of the fat, and then refry it in coconut oil, to remove most of the PUFA.”

Fatty fish like salmon and herring should be avoided because their fat content is mostly unsaturated; as a general rule, cold blooded animals like fish tend to produce unsaturated fats while warm blooded animals like cows and pigs tend to produce saturated and monounsaturated fats. Cod and sole are good fish, since they have the marine minerals (especially selenium), but low fat content. Tuna is good as protein, but the fat it contains is highly polyunsaturated; eating once a week, especially with homemade coconut mayo should be safe.of course

Regarding his recommendation of daily gelatin:
For an adult, gelatin can be a major protein in the diet, since the need for cysteine and tryptophan decreases greatly when growth slows. Ox-tail soup (boiled for 4 or 5 hours) and lamb shanks have a good proportion of gelatin. I think most stores have gelatin in one pound packages or bigger, for example Great Lakes gelatin is usually around $11 per pound. If a person eats a large serving of meat, it's probably helpful to have 5–10 grams of gelatin at approximately the same time, so that the amino acids enter the blood stream in balance. Asian grocery stores are likely to sell some of the traditional gelatin-rich foods, such as prepared pig skin and ears and tails, and chicken feet. Although the prepared powdered gelatin doesn't require any cooking, dissolving it in hot water makes it digest a little more quickly. It can be incorporated into custards, mousses, ice cream, soups, sauces, cheese cake, pies, etc., or mixed with fruit juices to make desserts or (with juice concentrate) candies.

Peat is a big fan of dairy. He prefers milk with no added vitamins, raw if you can get it, but uses standard pasteurized-homogenized when there’s no alternative. He prefers cheese made without enzymes, just animal rennet. He doesn't use yogurt because of the lactic acid and/or lactobacillus. He avoids anything with gums in it, like cream cheese. Ice cream like Haagen Dazs is okay since it has no carageenan or gums like guar/carob bean– these are often found in foods like cream cheese, canned coconut milk, and half-and-half; make sure that the ice cream does not have any vegetable oil in it as some varieties include this. Regarding yogurt, in quantities of an ounce or so, for flavoring, it's o.k., but the lactic acid content isn't good if you are using yogurt as a major source of your protein and calcium; it triggers the inflammatory reactions, leading to fibrosis eventually, and the immediate effect is to draw down the liver's glycogen stores for energy to convert it into glucose. Cottage cheese, that is, milk curds with salt, is very good, if you can find it without additives, but traditional cottage cheese was almost fat-free, so when they make it with whole milk you should watch for other innovations that might not be beneficial.

Although Peat basically scorns legumes, he said hummus in small amounts isn't nutritionally harmful, though chickpeas and tahini are both allergenic for some people.

Fats:
Best sources are coconut oil and butter; olive oil and macadamia nut oil sparingly. He is a big fan of (refined) coconut oil to stimulate the metabolism. Among nuts and nut oils, macadamia is probably the safest. See the Omega-6 list below for more info.

Carbohydrates:
Have some with every meal to prevent hypoglycemia after eating the proteins.
Fruit and fruit juices – If you're able to do it, try to consume fresh fruits and fruit juices every day. Orange juice is great because of it’s potassium and magnesium content. Tropical fruits and juices are excellent too. If you don’t have a juicer at home, you can buy pasteurized juices with no additives that say “not from concentrate” on the label. Juices that are from concentrate are made up of mostly added water that is flouridated. Fruits in general are fine (tropical are best), but grapefruit is full of phytoestrogens, so avoid it, and berries are full of small seeds you can't avoid, so it's better to skip them. He recommends avoiding bananas and other starchy-poorly-ripened-industrialized fruits, which includes most apples and pears (when these are ripe, peeled and cooked they are much more nutritious, and safer). Organic dried fruits are fine as long as they are not treated with sulfur dioxide; canned fruits are okay, especially if they are in glass. You can have a small apple and some cheese as a snack occasionally if it doesn't cause any digestive or allergic symptoms—the fat in the cheese is protective against the starch in incompletely ripened fruit.

Tubers – Potato, yams; occasionally well-cooked grains in the order of best to least desirable: masa harina, white rice or oats, brown rice. The phytic acid in the oats block absorption of much of the calcium; cooking the oats much longer than usual might improve its nutritional value. Canned plain pumpkin if eaten with some fat is okay, but carrots are less starchy for similar effects.

He recommends eating a raw carrot daily, particularly a raw carrot salad with coconut oil, for both its bowel-protective and an anti-estrogen effect. Summer squash and bamboo shoots are the best cooked vegetables; well cooked kale and broccoli are okay, too. Carrots are best salad. The fiber in whole vegetables helps protect against the effects of the unsaturated fats they contain (in comparison to fruit), which means that juiced vegetables with none of the protective fiber will act as a thyroid inhibitor because of the concentrated PUFAs. There isn’t anything wrong with using vegetables as a smaller part of your diet, but salads and steamed vegetable dishes shouldn’t be the main part of anyone’s diet. He recommends avoiding avocados as they contain so much unsaturated fat that they can be carcinogenic and hepatotoxic (toxic to the liver).

Beverages:
Coffee supports the metabolism but has to be consumed with some sugar or with meal to prevent stress response due to low blood sugar. Because of the tannins in tea, it's important to use either lemon or milk (or cream). The histamine in red wine is a special problem for hypothyroid people, usually it isn't harmful.

Avoid:
PUFAs and soy. PUFAs are found in processed foods, nuts and seeds and their butters, vegetable oils, margarine. Also keep in mind that if you have been eating PUFAs in the past, the oil change in your tissues takes up to four years during which your fat stores will be releasing enough PUFAs to cause you some troubles, so it requires some patience and also some skillful means to counteract their effects, like getting some extra vitamin E or a little thyroid to counteract their antithyroid action etc. It all depends on how your metabolism works.

Chocolate is okay as long as there are no additives.

For salty cravings, Peat recommends tortilla chips fried in coconut oil, and chicharrones (pork rinds) with no additive but salt (puffed in hot air). Another snack is popcorn popped on the stove in coconut oil, then salted & buttered; the oil and butter are protective against the starch, but it's harder to digest than tortilla chips or chicharrones.

For salt use Mortons Canning and Pickling salt.

Vinegar is a good antiseptic when it's used with raw carrot, but watch for sulfite when using regularly.

Maple syrup is heated to a fairly high temperature, and this creates some sugar-derived chemicals that can be allergenic and might be toxic.

Regarding whey protein, Peat says, “Powdered foods that contain tryptophan are extremely susceptible to harmful oxidation, and the best things are removed, for example calcium, lactose, and casein, with its anti-stress properties.”

Ray Peat Eating Guidelines : Semi Low-Carb Plans Forum : Active Low-Carber Forums
Please explain how a pound of protein as meat makes 80 to 100 grams? When I do the math I divide 160z by .035274 which gives 45grams....Please forgive me I'm so rusty on math and it throws me when I can't understand things that are meant to be specific. Thanks so much for the help!

tara

Please explain how a pound of protein as meat makes 80 to 100 grams? When I do the math I divide 160z by .035274 which gives 45grams....Please forgive me I'm so rusty on math and it throws me when I can't understand things that are meant to be specific. Thanks so much for the help!

I figure
Meat is roughly 20% protein (eg Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Beef, bottom sirloin, tri-tip, separable lean only, trimmed to 0" fat, select, raw [URMIS [HASHTAG]#1429[/HASHTAG]]),
A pound is about 450g,
20% of 450g = 90g

A little more protein than a dozen eggs.

Travis

Luckily for me, I live in "The Dairy State". I have access to Raw Goat Cheese at 12$/lb.

I still cannot understand his avoidance of leaves/plants. Are the plant-protective phytotoxins really that terrible?

I'll search his website for this. I know about the goitregens, but what about Arugula and Spinach? Raw leaves are a huge part of the diet for so many mammalian species.

I am a fruit/leaves/cheese/coconut/almond kinda-guy.

yerrag

Wow! Nice list. And this was from 2012? Thanks for putting it together, Charlie! Knowing so much needs to change in what I eat, I am stressed- in a good way.

Travis

tara

I still cannot understand his avoidance of leaves/plants. Are the plant-protective phytotoxins really that terrible?
Leaves are probably designed to defend themselves from excessive mammalian grazing.
My reading of Peat says is that he does not favour eating much raw leafy salad, or making leaves a major source of calories. But he's said a few favourable things about well-boiled veges and especially broth from leafy greens - they can be a good source of magnesium. He has specifically mentioned spinach as good food if it is not nitrate heavy from fertilisation.

The information below is pulled from other sites. We are in the process of putting together our own chart and food recommendation list at the link above based on Ray Peat philosophies.

Proteins:
Daily protein should be at least 80 grams, preferably 100 if you are working or otherwise active. An egg has about 6 grams, a quart of milk about 32 grams, meat, cheese, and fish are usually about 20% protein, so a pound would be enough for a day. It's important to have fruit or other carbohydrate with the protein for efficient metabolism. Milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish are good protein sources, and potato protein is high in quality, if the potato is very well cooked and eaten with butter or cream. Although potatoes contain only about 2% protein, a kilogram of potato has roughly the protein value of a liter of milk (which is 3% protein), because of its high quality. Unless you are buying eggs from a verified grass-fed, free range source he recommends limiting them to one or two a day, and making sure to have plenty of carbohydrate around the same time to prevent sugar crash.

Meats like ground beef, steak, liver, and pork chops are rich in cysteine, which “turns off” the thyroid gland as soon as your body uses up it’s glycogen and ideally shouldn't be your main source of protein. Muscle meats should be eaten with the gelatin it comes with, or supplemental gelatin (see below), to balance out an anti-thyroid amino acid called tryptophan (which is also found in whey protein formulations). Traditionally, muscle meats are eaten with the fat, skin and the gelatin that they come with, so this is mostly an issue in first-world countries where we have protein powders and pure muscle meats readily available. Chicken liver contains such a small amount of fat it's okay to have in addition to or instead of beef liver (which should be consumed weekly). Pork or chicken every 7- 10 days is okay if your metabolic rate (thyroid function) is good. When chicken is stewed, gelatin from the skin is valuable, and much of the fat can be skimmed off(just remember chicken is not optimal). With any of the muscle meats, including fish, gelatin is helpful for balancing the high cysteine, methionine, and tryptophan content. Regarding bacon, Peat says, “The nitrate isn't likely to be a problem if you eat it with orange juice. I fry the bacon to remove some of the fat, and then refry it in coconut oil, to remove most of the PUFA.”

Fatty fish like salmon and herring should be avoided because their fat content is mostly unsaturated; as a general rule, cold blooded animals like fish tend to produce unsaturated fats while warm blooded animals like cows and pigs tend to produce saturated and monounsaturated fats. Cod and sole are good fish, since they have the marine minerals (especially selenium), but low fat content. Tuna is good as protein, but the fat it contains is highly polyunsaturated; eating once a week, especially with homemade coconut mayo should be safe.of course

For an adult, gelatin can be a major protein in the diet, since the need for cysteine and tryptophan decreases greatly when growth slows. Ox-tail soup (boiled for 4 or 5 hours) and lamb shanks have a good proportion of gelatin. I think most stores have gelatin in one pound packages or bigger, for example Great Lakes gelatin is usually around $11 per pound. If a person eats a large serving of meat, it's probably helpful to have 5–10 grams of gelatin at approximately the same time, so that the amino acids enter the blood stream in balance. Asian grocery stores are likely to sell some of the traditional gelatin-rich foods, such as prepared pig skin and ears and tails, and chicken feet. Although the prepared powdered gelatin doesn't require any cooking, dissolving it in hot water makes it digest a little more quickly. It can be incorporated into custards, mousses, ice cream, soups, sauces, cheese cake, pies, etc., or mixed with fruit juices to make desserts or (with juice concentrate) candies.

Peat is a big fan of dairy. He prefers milk with no added vitamins, raw if you can get it, but uses standard pasteurized-homogenized when there’s no alternative. He prefers cheese made without enzymes, just animal rennet. He doesn't use yogurt because of the lactic acid and/or lactobacillus. He avoids anything with gums in it, like cream cheese. Ice cream like Haagen Dazs is okay since it has no carageenan or gums like guar/carob bean– these are often found in foods like cream cheese, canned coconut milk, and half-and-half; make sure that the ice cream does not have any vegetable oil in it as some varieties include this. Regarding yogurt, in quantities of an ounce or so, for flavoring, it's o.k., but the lactic acid content isn't good if you are using yogurt as a major source of your protein and calcium; it triggers the inflammatory reactions, leading to fibrosis eventually, and the immediate effect is to draw down the liver's glycogen stores for energy to convert it into glucose. Cottage cheese, that is, milk curds with salt, is very good, if you can find it without additives, but traditional cottage cheese was almost fat-free, so when they make it with whole milk you should watch for other innovations that might not be beneficial.

Although Peat basically scorns legumes, he said hummus in small amounts isn't nutritionally harmful, though chickpeas and tahini are both allergenic for some people.

Fats:
Best sources are coconut oil and butter; olive oil and macadamia nut oil sparingly. He is a big fan of (refined) coconut oil to stimulate the metabolism. Among nuts and nut oils, macadamia is probably the safest. See the Omega-6 list below for more info.

Carbohydrates:
Fruit and fruit juices – If you're able to do it, try to consume fresh fruits and fruit juices every day. Orange juice is great because of it’s potassium and magnesium content. Tropical fruits and juices are excellent too. If you don’t have a juicer at home, you can buy pasteurized juices with no additives that say “not from concentrate” on the label. Juices that are from concentrate are made up of mostly added water that is flouridated. Fruits in general are fine (tropical are best), but grapefruit is full of phytoestrogens, so avoid it, and berries are full of small seeds you can't avoid, so it's better to skip them. He recommends avoiding bananas and other starchy-poorly-ripened-industrialized fruits, which includes most apples and pears (when these are ripe, peeled and cooked they are much more nutritious, and safer). Organic dried fruits are fine as long as they are not treated with sulfur dioxide; canned fruits are okay, especially if they are in glass. You can have a small apple and some cheese as a snack occasionally if it doesn't cause any digestive or allergic symptoms—the fat in the cheese is protective against the starch in incompletely ripened fruit.

Tubers – Potato, yams; occasionally well-cooked grains in the order of best to least desirable: masa harina, white rice or oats, brown rice. The phytic acid in the oats block absorption of much of the calcium; cooking the oats much longer than usual might improve its nutritional value. Canned plain pumpkin if eaten with some fat is okay, but carrots are less starchy for similar effects.

He recommends eating a raw carrot daily, particularly a raw carrot salad with coconut oil, for both its bowel-protective and an anti-estrogen effect. Summer squash and bamboo shoots are the best cooked vegetables; well cooked kale and broccoli are okay, too. Carrots are best salad. The fiber in whole vegetables helps protect against the effects of the unsaturated fats they contain (in comparison to fruit), which means that juiced vegetables with none of the protective fiber will act as a thyroid inhibitor because of the concentrated PUFAs. There isn’t anything wrong with using vegetables as a smaller part of your diet, but salads and steamed vegetable dishes shouldn’t be the main part of anyone’s diet. He recommends avoiding avocados as they contain so much unsaturated fat that they can be carcinogenic and hepatotoxic (toxic to the liver).

Beverages:
Coffee supports the metabolism but has to be consumed with some sugar or with meal to prevent stress response due to low blood sugar. Because of the tannins in tea, it's important to use either lemon or milk (or cream). The histamine in red wine is a special problem for hypothyroid people, usually it isn't harmful.

Avoid:
PUFAs and soy. PUFAs are found in processed foods, nuts and seeds and their butters, vegetable oils, margarine. Also keep in mind that if you have been eating PUFAs in the past, the oil change in your tissues takes up to four years during which your fat stores will be releasing enough PUFAs to cause you some troubles, so it requires some patience and also some skillful means to counteract their effects, like getting some extra vitamin E or a little thyroid to counteract their antithyroid action etc. It all depends on how your metabolism works.

For salty cravings, Peat recommends tortilla chips fried in coconut oil, and chicharrones (pork rinds) with no additive but salt (puffed in hot air). Another snack is popcorn popped on the stove in coconut oil, then salted & buttered; the oil and butter are protective against the starch, but it's harder to digest than tortilla chips or chicharrones.

Vinegar is a good antiseptic when it's used with raw carrot, but watch for sulfite when using regularly.

Maple syrup is heated to a fairly high temperature, and this creates some sugar-derived chemicals that can be allergenic and might be toxic.

Regarding whey protein, Peat says, “Powdered foods that contain tryptophan are extremely susceptible to harmful oxidation, and the best things are removed, for example calcium, lactose, and casein, with its anti-stress properties.”

Ray Peat Eating Guidelines : Semi Low-Carb Plans Forum : Active Low-Carber Forums
Thank u @charlie it's interesting

G Forrest

Hi All,

New member here. This forum is a great resource, so much information and insight into all things Peat. I haven't had much to say yet, since anything I could think of seems to have been covered, so much appreciation for all the thoughtful posts.

Though many have stated on here that there is no set Peat diet, I think it's clear that are specific guidelines that Dr. Peat has reiterated again and again from articles and interviews: avoid PUFA, coconut oil is great, dairy (provided the cows don't eat a primarily soy/corn diet) is an excellent source of protein, eggs (again non-soy/corn fed), shellfish and non-fatty fish are beneficial for protein, minimize muscle meats/or consume with gelatin, fruits best source of carbs with protein: oj, tropical fruits best. I have adopted these principles over the past month gradually and am feeling much better. I have clearer thoughts, less anxiety and agitation, and my gastritis that I battled earlier this year doesn't seem to cause me trouble - I'm even having orange juice and coffee in the morning, two acidic foods which are advised not to take with gastritis. So overall a success and I feel nourished. It seems one can get deeper into the so-called Peat protocol, but I've found that just a few dietary tweaks as outlined above can make a world of difference.

I wanted to comment on hummus: it typically uses a large amount of tahini, which is ground up sesame seeds. This would add a large amount of poly-unsaturated fat, so I am not sure why hummus would be recommended.

Saphire

Hoppimike, Welcome to the Ray Peat forum! It's great to see you here! :wave:

The community is in the process of pooling together all the information we can on Ray Peat and his philosophies. This will obviously take some time but with everyones help it will move along well. We are also working up a "Ray Peat Diet" plan that will be very thorough and made by you, the Ray Peat community. We are using all our experiences and communication with Dr. Peat to bring together the most extensive plan that we are able to so people have a place to look for a general direction of diet recommendations.

Time to kick some PUFA butt! :thumbup:
I know that you know I am new to this forum. So bare with me please. I am not sure how long ago these are posted. However, is there a Ray Peat diet plan that is more specific with amounts, kinda like a meal plan? Also, when RP drinks milk, does he add 1 tbs of sugar as Danny Roddy's suggestion. I am sorry, This is just so much for me to digest, all the information. I am a step 1, 2, 3 person. Thanks for any insite on this.

Experienced

Proteins:

Fats:

Carbohydrates:

Beverages:

Avoid:

should I avoid my Omega 3 pills / capsules? :(

Amazoniac

Diet Recovery 2: Restoring Mind and Metabolism from Dieting, Weight Loss, Exercise, and Healthy Food - 180 Degree Health

“It’s extremely hard to figure out whether or not something is good or bad for you based on purely intellectual reasoning. Think coffee is bad for you? Well, there is a lot of good information about coffee being healthy. There is a lot of information and justification for it being unhealthy. I’ve been studying health and nutrition intensely for a decade, and you know what, I’m not sure if coffee is healthy or not. Or sugar. Or alcohol. Or chocolate. Or grains. Or legumes. Or meat. Or probiotics. Or vegetables. Or fruit. Or dairy.

I used to be able to give a definitive answer on each one of those things, but now I can’t. I simply know too much to be sure, as there are numerous justifications for or against each one of the things I just listed. If you are sure about one of the above-listed things, that’s because you’ve ingested one set of information and haven’t investigated the other side of the story. If you had, you would be equally as unsure as I am.

And even with things that we can all intellectually agree is unhealthy, such as a meal at McDonald’s, there will be literally thousands of people that read this book who are freezing cold, or haven’t slept through the night in years, or who are suffering from anxiety, yada yada. And most of those health-conscious people wouldn’t DARE eat at McDonald’s. But, to their surprise, they might find almost immediate relief from their health condition(s) if they were to go pig out on 2-3 double Cheeseburgers, an apple pie or two, and an ice cold Coke from none other than the infamous Mickey D’s. Why? Because the calorie-density, digestibility, and salt and sugar-heavy load of a McDonald’s meal is unparalleled. And for someone in a really low metabolic state, this can literally be the most therapeutic of all combinations. You might heal faster eating at McDonald’s than trying to do it on organic, unrefined, wholesome, and nutritious food because such food is not as calorie-dense, has a higher water content, has more fiber, and is just too damn filling and unexciting to foster the same level of calorie consumption.

So the unknowns about what is and isn’t healthy for an individual at any given moment are so vast that they are beyond our ability to neatly file into categories of “good” and “bad.”

I am quite serious about all this. I love the shocking but I’m truly not saying this for shock value. It would be easier to be liked and for this book to be well-received by continuing to re-affirm your beliefs about what is and isn’t healthy, because when someone says something is healthy that you think isn’t, you react with serious objection. And in this case, that objection is directed towards me. But my goal is not to be liked. My goal here is to provide accurate, truthful, and unbiased information based on my wealth of study and experience. Most of you reading this don’t need to hear what is and isn’t healthy based on macronutrient breakdowns, nutrient density, ratio of polysaccharides to monosaccharides, and fiber type and quantity. You need to move on from this overly analytical way of thinking. For health reasons.”​

Every time that you don't respect your intuition, it's known that Such appears out of nowhere to hit you with drum plates, forming a sandwich with them and your head as filling.

After all this time the only aspect that I think it's worth being careful is keeping PUFA intake as low as possible. But once it's already consistently low, decreasing even more can be detrimental because it usually gets in the way of a proper diet:
Long-lived Compilation Facts

Amazoniac

In my opinion this is not a good welcome message. A good welcome message should only synthesize the principles, something that the person can quickly grasp and apply until they understand the reasons behind each of them in details. But this shouldn't include how someone will apply them. Food choices are individual and I can't think of it as not being detrimental as well.

I know it's an useful (and tempting) guide, but:
The attempt to steer a person can make it hard... | Ray Peat Forum

On one hand it gives a false sense of security, but maybe there's the other hand involving these:
"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom."
"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius."
Both by William Blake.

And by discouraging a different experience, people might not know what it feels like to do it differently. Excess calcium, lack of fermentation, excess protein, lack of fiber, and so on; maybe are all part of the learning process.

Last edited:
L

lollipop

After all this time the only aspect that I think it's worth being careful is keeping PUFA intake as low as possible. But once it's already consistently low, decreasing even more can be detrimental because it usually gets in the way of a proper diet:
This is also my conclusion after experimenting with Peat approach since May 2015 and being on this forum actively since May 31, 2015.

Xisca

Luckily for me, I live in "The Dairy State". I have access to Raw Goat Cheese at 12$/lb.
For this price I have 1 kg organic!
I believe in plants defending their babies, grains, seeds... But you can still learn how to prepare them to be safer.
With no legume and no leaves, then you lack folate. Taking methylfolate and methylcobalamine has done me a gread good kick of recovery!

I think leaves are good, and even raw or juiced. So many people have good results with juicing! Some people are bad with fiber, fine... And also, you cannot compare the crap you buy with the good from a garden. By crap, I mean something that is too old to give you much more than fiber.
Also, bitter are medicinal for liver and stomach. Like dendelions or even lettuce. Parsley is good for kidneys.

I have fresh salads from many plants and flowers, I remove the stems and it takes time, such a salad is a luxury, and then I have a good vinaigrette with olive oil, cider vinegar, raw egg and honey!

And I also grow chayamansa, that I use to make a thick dark green broth, and it is packed with mineral and even rich in proteins. And it is veeeeery tasty with ox tail! Possibly Ray knows this bush, as it is from Mexico.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Diet Recovery 2: Restoring Mind and Metabolism from Dieting, Weight Loss, Exercise, and Healthy Food - 180 Degree Health

“It’s extremely hard to figure out whether or not something is good or bad for you based on purely intellectual reasoning. Think coffee is bad for you? Well, there is a lot of good information about coffee being healthy. There is a lot of information and justification for it being unhealthy. I’ve been studying health and nutrition intensely for a decade, and you know what, I’m not sure if coffee is healthy or not. Or sugar. Or alcohol. Or chocolate. Or grains. Or legumes. Or meat. Or probiotics. Or vegetables. Or fruit. Or dairy.

I used to be able to give a definitive answer on each one of those things, but now I can’t. I simply know too much to be sure, as there are numerous justifications for or against each one of the things I just listed. If you are sure about one of the above-listed things, that’s because you’ve ingested one set of information and haven’t investigated the other side of the story. If you had, you would be equally as unsure as I am.

And even with things that we can all intellectually agree is unhealthy, such as a meal at McDonald’s, there will be literally thousands of people that read this book who are freezing cold, or haven’t slept through the night in years, or who are suffering from anxiety, yada yada. And most of those health-conscious people wouldn’t DARE eat at McDonald’s. But, to their surprise, they might find almost immediate relief from their health condition(s) if they were to go pig out on 2-3 double Cheeseburgers, an apple pie or two, and an ice cold Coke from none other than the infamous Mickey D’s. Why? Because the calorie-density, digestibility, and salt and sugar-heavy load of a McDonald’s meal is unparalleled. And for someone in a really low metabolic state, this can literally be the most therapeutic of all combinations. You might heal faster eating at McDonald’s than trying to do it on organic, unrefined, wholesome, and nutritious food because such food is not as calorie-dense, has a higher water content, has more fiber, and is just too damn filling and unexciting to foster the same level of calorie consumption.

So the unknowns about what is and isn’t healthy for an individual at any given moment are so vast that they are beyond our ability to neatly file into categories of “good” and “bad.”

I am quite serious about all this. I love the shocking but I’m truly not saying this for shock value. It would be easier to be liked and for this book to be well-received by continuing to re-affirm your beliefs about what is and isn’t healthy, because when someone says something is healthy that you think isn’t, you react with serious objection. And in this case, that objection is directed towards me. But my goal is not to be liked. My goal here is to provide accurate, truthful, and unbiased information based on my wealth of study and experience. Most of you reading this don’t need to hear what is and isn’t healthy based on macronutrient breakdowns, nutrient density, ratio of polysaccharides to monosaccharides, and fiber type and quantity. You need to move on from this overly analytical way of thinking. For health reasons.”​

Every time that you don't respect your intuition, it's known that Such appears out of nowhere to hit you with drum plates, forming a sandwich with them and your head as filling.

Long-lived Compilation Facts

Well said, except you forgot to mention how good french fries are with double cheeseburgers and now i really want one..:emoji_hamburger:

I would not do well eating fast food every day, but some times its just what the doctor ordered!

So we know people can live long life with varied diets and lifestyles. What i have been pondering for a long time is what are the possible things many of us that have had major health issues have in common as causes. I have tried to come up with what are the most common factors in our environment or diets that could be causing such wide spread health conditions of fatigue and environmental sensitivities for so many of us.

One thing i have considered is unless you were home schooled we all have spent the better part of our life from the time we were almost five years old until we were at least eighteen or older under bright fluorescent lights. Besides having unbalanced light spectrums in the blue and ultraviolet wavelengths, the flicker of the light whether noticed or not could have a negative effect on brain functioning, and most disturbing is that all fluorescent lights leak mercury fumes.

That means most of us have spent the better part of our days for a couple decades under biologically improper spectrums of flickering light that leak a known neurotoxin.

Could this be a major common cause, what else do you think could be a common cause in our food, water, medicine or environment that has sparked such debilitating health issues for so many of us?

Last edited:

Amazoniac

So we know people can live long life with varied diets and lifestyles. What i have been pondering for a long time is what are the possible things many of us that have had major health issues have in common as causes. I have tried to come up with what are the most common factors in our environment or diets that could be causing such wide spread health conditions of fatigue and environmental sensitivities for so many of us.

One thing i have considered is unless you were home schooled we all have spent the better part of our life from the time we were almost five years old until we were at least eighteen or older under bright fluorescent lights. Besides having unbalanced light spectrums in the blue and ultraviolet wavelengths, the flicker of the light whether noticed or not could have a negative effect on brain functioning, and most disturbing is that all fluorescent lights leak mercury fumes.

That means most of us have spent the better part of our days for a couple decades under biologically improper spectrums of flickering light that leak a known neurotoxin.

Could this be a major common cause, what else do you think could be a common cause in our food, water, medicine or environment that has sparked such debilitating health issues for so many of us?
I don't know because I'm not burtlan, but environmental influences other than diet are usually neglected.
Our food choices are in response to the environment. That's not to say it isn't a cycle, that an extremely unnatural diet can't initiate a negative cycle, but people would not find those foods as attractive or be willing to engage in risky lifestyle behaviors as they may be when stressed, just like the rats that didn't find cocaine appealing when they were in a good place.

It seems that everyone is doing the best that they know in all aspects, especially when it comes to quiet down stressors. Even self-harm seems to go beyond a call for attention, probably being an attempt to divert psychological pain to something physical, it isn't a suicide attempt, there are various ways that are much more effective to do it if someone wanted to; maybe a distraction from suffering in a sense.

So it's varied:
Book Series: Vitamins And Hormones
We're moving beings, a guy named Katsunari Nishihara wrote how this is one of the core aspects that differ ourselves from plants: we have to move to obtain our food. If the soil is poor, the plants are screwed, however animals can migrate. Immobilization is a big stressor, just as confinement or isolation. Poor schools, jobs, etc, are confining in way since you have to remain in your position for some time and on top of that being told what to do.

If people cared to read "Spooning made easy" by our dear hamster in depth they should associate it with this.

Agent207 uses a Hershey's Kisses helmet because he's a believer that EM radiation is a major stressor.

It's multifactorial..

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals