TyroMax - Liquid Thyroid (NDT), USP

D

DavidMarinho

Tyromax has by far been the best thyroid supplement I've taken. I've been taking thyroid since 2010 (naturethroid, cynomel, erfa, t3 pro) and this is the most effective one i've taken. I feel the effect almost immediately. I've been using it since last week. I had been sick with a viral throat and sinus infection for a month, feeling wrecked the entire time. Took it Monday afternoon right after I received it, and for the first time in several weeks felt functional. The next day I was actually out of the house whereas just a couple of days before I could barely move around just in my apt.
That's awesome! How have you approached dosing since it arrived?

BobbyDukes

Wow. Powerful indeed. I have never experienced insomnia like this before. From one drop! Taken about 13.00. I didn't sleep at all. About 6am, I decided to give up and stay awake. I tried the usual 'knock-out punch' that works for me, if sleep is hard to come by (1g of niacinamide, 10g taurine, 10g glycine, 30mg zinc, 300mg theanine and 250mg of magensium chloride - downed with a quart of fruit juice), but even this didn't touch the insomnia. I thought about taking some cyproheptadine, but there is a fine line between that drug being tolerable/pleasant and unpleasant, for me (anything over 0.5mg, seems to produce profound anhedonia for the following 24 hours, yet anything under a few mg's isn't sedating).

On the day I took tyromax, I drunk three quarts of fruit juice over the course of the day (I normally have one quart) to ease the some of the unpleasant side effects I was getting (chest pains mostly).

I honestly don't know what this tells me about myself, or my thyroid status. But I am afraid to take any more of it. I love all of Haidut's supplements, but this one doesn't feel good to me. So, not sure what to do with this full bottle of tyromax now.

I took it orally.

I have always used t3, and this seems to work ok for me (although nothing dramatic - and doesn't always work). Diet needs to be bang on for it to do anything (protein, sugar, etc).

The thing that really works for my metabolism is estroban.

tara

I honestly don't know what this tells me about myself, or my thyroid status.
What do you know about your thyroid status? Temps, heart-rate?
Are you taking any other drugs etc that could have been amplified by the DMSO?

RMH

Wow. Powerful indeed. I have never experienced insomnia like this before. From one drop!

I had identical symptoms for the first two days I took Tyromax (1 drop). It freaked me a out a bit so I stopped for a few weeks. After reading comments by Haidut and others who suggested taking it only after a full meal with some gelatin, the issues have subsided.

For about the first week my heart felt like it was pounding but pulse readings were consistently below 80. Regardless, I've either adjusted to the feeling or it's gone away. You may also be better off trying it topically.

BobbyDukes

What do you know about your thyroid status? Temps, heart-rate?
Are you taking any other drugs etc that could have been amplified by the DMSO?

Apologies Tara, it was a rhetorical question, but I appreciate you taking an interest. I gave up taking my temps and pulse rate a while back, after I noticed my extremities warming up, and generally feeling a lot better in myself. So, I've just been living life and not really paying attention to it much. So I am afraid I cannot say anything about this. I am two years in to a PUFA restricted diet.

In terms of drugs, I guess anything could be classed as a drug, but I am not taking any other pharmaceuticals, no. Caffeine, cacao (staples), and one drop of oxidal (every other day, but not on the day I used tyromax; although, I am aware of MBs long half life. Maybe it interacted in some way?).

I also take panesterone, kuinone and estroban. They all seem to help me quite a bit, in their own way.

On the day I took tyromax, I also took energin. Energin does a very good job of giving me insomnia itself (which I can normally kill with a dose of niacinamde, at night), so perhaps the combination with tyromax caused this.

I am inclined to try again with the tyromax (minus anything else, just my normal diet), and I can then report back. I will have to do it when I don't have work the following day, though :)

BobbyDukes

I had identical symptoms for the first two days I took Tyromax (1 drop). It freaked me a out a bit so I stopped for a few weeks. After reading comments by Haidut and others who suggested taking it only after a full meal with some gelatin, the issues have subsided.

For about the first week my heart felt like it was pounding but pulse readings were consistently below 80. Regardless, I've either adjusted to the feeling or it's gone away. You may also be better off trying it topically.

It was definitely taken around a meal. I was on the go at the time, and ate 170g of pecorino Romano (40g protein, lots of fat) and a quart of OJ. That's a lazy meal for me if I am out and have nothing pre-prepared, but that almost 1000 calories, which I polished off in under 5 minutes.

Dotdash

Recent blood tests on Feb 3rd after being on 16-20 drops TMax daily for 4.5 weeks:
TSH = 3.88
T4 = 5.2
T3 = 81
Total Cholesterol = 274
Triglycerides = 214
LDL = 171
HDL = 60

All of these numbers were increased since last testing on Nov. 19, 2015. Prior to TMax I was on 1/3 cyno & 25 mcg T3.

Tests on 11/19/15:
TSH = .055
T4=4.1
No T3 was done
Total Cholesterol=254
Trigs=208
LDL=156
HDL=56

I've increased the TMax to full dosage of 3 grains (24 drops) and will re-test in a few more weeks. I take this both topically and orally, depending on which is more convenient at the time.

Has anyone else done blood work on Tyromax usage?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Recent blood tests on Feb 3rd after being on 16-20 drops TMax daily for 4.5 weeks:
TSH = 3.88
T4 = 5.2
T3 = 81
Total Cholesterol = 274
Triglycerides = 214
LDL = 171
HDL = 60

All of these numbers were increased since last testing on Nov. 19, 2015. Prior to TMax I was on 1/3 cyno & 25 mcg T3.

Tests on 11/19/15:
TSH = .055
T4=4.1
No T3 was done
Total Cholesterol=254
Trigs=208
LDL=156
HDL=56

I've increased the TMax to full dosage of 3 grains (24 drops) and will re-test in a few more weeks. I take this both topically and orally, depending on which is more convenient at the time.

Do you shake the bottle before using? Some people here have found that it is the sediment that gives them the most benefit even though the active ingredients should be in all the liquid.

Dotdash

Do you shake the bottle before using? Some people here have found that it is the sediment that gives them the most benefit even though the active ingredients should be in all the liquid.

Yes, Haidut. I always shake the bottle. I will say the taste of the newest bottle received is a bit stronger than previous bottle. Also, I do like the smaller cap. Seems like the drops are a little easier to control.

TSH = 3.88
T4 = 5.2
T3 = 81
Total Cholesterol = 274
Triglycerides = 214
LDL = 171
HDL = 60

Tests on 11/19/15:
TSH = .055
T4=4.1
No T3 was done
Total Cholesterol=254
Trigs=208
LDL=156
HDL=56

You may be taking too much. Perhaps rT3 is kicking in here...

aarfai

Update:

I got a new bottle for TyroMax that doesn't seem to clump towards the bottom of the bottle. With this new fully dissolved solution I am loving the effects of 3 drops per day. Thank you Haidut!

Dotdash

You may be taking too much. Perhaps rT3 is kicking in here...

It seems if too much was being taken I would feel it in the way of jitteriness or increased heart rate. None of that is happening. In March 2015 I was taking one full cynoplus which, from what I understand, is in close proximity to the full dose of 24 drops of TMax. At one cynoplus my cholesterol was under 200 and TSH was .009. However, at that dose my heart raced whenever I exerted myself in any way and my eyes and scalp burned. This is a comparison experiment for me, and the lab work is posted for information for others who are either using TMax or contemplating using it, as well as for feedback for haidut. I really do like using this product and am trying to give it a fair trial.

I have tried various dosages during the day from one or two drops at a time to 12 drops. I think I read Dr Peat saying that the small doses are better for keeping the T3 from turning excess T4 into rT3.

Are you still taking it?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Update:

I got a new bottle for TyroMax that doesn't seem to clump towards the bottom of the bottle. With this new fully dissolved solution I am loving the effects of 3 drops per day. Thank you Haidut!

Perfect, thanks for sharing!

It seems if too much was being taken I would feel it in the way of jitteriness or increased heart rate. None of that is happening. In March 2015 I was taking one full cynoplus which, from what I understand, is in close proximity to the full dose of 24 drops of TMax. At one cynoplus my cholesterol was under 200 and TSH was .009. However, at that dose my heart raced whenever I exerted myself in any way and my eyes and scalp burned. This is a comparison experiment for me, and the lab work is posted for information for others who are either using TMax or contemplating using it, as well as for feedback for haidut. I really do like using this product and am trying to give it a fair trial.

I have tried various dosages during the day from one or two drops at a time to 12 drops. I think I read Dr Peat saying that the small doses are better for keeping the T3 from turning excess T4 into rT3.

Are you still taking it?

yes I am taking about 18 drops per day, and perhaps 8mg of T3 through the day. My HR is a little higher but temps are not any higher. My energy is good and I sleep well although I wake up and read during the night quite often.

Fletcher

I've been trying Tyromax for the past 4 weeks or so, in an attempt to get my temp up above 98 (I seem to be stuck at 97.9 max). I started with low dose topically and built up, this week taking 8 drops orally 3 times per day. My temp has not changed at all, but my pulse has gone up from 80 to 100, without me feeling jittery or like I'm racing. I sleep fine. Does anyone know why I react like this?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I've been trying Tyromax for the past 4 weeks or so, in an attempt to get my temp up above 98 (I seem to be stuck at 97.9 max). I started with low dose topically and built up, this week taking 8 drops orally 3 times per day. My temp has not changed at all, but my pulse has gone up from 80 to 100, without me feeling jittery or like I'm racing. I sleep fine. Does anyone know why I react like this?

Maybe high FFA. Are you taking niacinamide or anything to lower FFA? Any infections that you are aware of?

tara

Does anyone know why I react like this?
I don't know if this is what is going on for you, but hasn't Peat talked about estrogen changing the structural temperature of cells or tissues?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals