Aspirin Success With Digestive Discomfort

Velve921

Hey everyone,

I have been doing 625mg of aspirin a day for over a year now.

The largest benefit I've noticed is with Digestive discomfort. Every time I eat a meal that gives discomfort, pain, gas, bloating, etc... Aspirin takes care of the problem within minutes...not one time missed!

Not sure if anyone who've had similar effects but thought I'd let people be aware.

man.. i had aspirin the other day about an hour after eating. it messed me up.. i felt sick everytime i ate for like a day or two. finally i feel better now though. i think it's important to eat it with a meal immediately everytime or something. you ever had that?

sladerunner69

Aspirin is acidic so I don't see how it could benefit digestive discomfort... appart from the pain killing effect. The one thing that almost always works to clear my stomach is a bowl of shredded carrots. Aspirin, at high doses, has the ability to give me a tummy ache or diahreea...

beachbum

Aspirin is acidic so I don't see how it could benefit digestive discomfort... appart from the pain killing effect. The one thing that almost always works to clear my stomach is a bowl of shredded carrots. Aspirin, at high doses, has the ability to give me a tummy ache or diahreea...

Just a thought to throw out there, wasn't it said that asprin is an antiviral. Well maybe its attacking the virus, hence the the tummy ache and diahreea. Kind of like an antibiotic acts. Just a thought:lightbulb:

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I think anything could be a factor....mentally clarity always improves as well. Starch, pufa, thickening agents break me down the most. Aspirin could be keeping stress hormones low? Decreasing endotoxins?

Yves

Aspirin is both antibiotic and antifungal, I've noticed similar improved digestion with meals in the past.

David Chung

Interesting. I would like to administer aspirin to my mom for her memory condition. But I held back, because I was worried that it would lead to gastro intestine problems. As COX inhibitor, aspirin would prevent production of mucus (which protects the has intestinal lining from acid). Perhaps, by the time aspirin is absorbed, mucous is already produced? Does this mean aspiring should be taken right after a meal?

ddjd

Surely the increased acidity would aid digestion because it would improve break down of food etc.??
If OP theoretically has low stomach acid this could be why he's benefiting

sladerunner69

Surely the increased acidity would aid digestion because it would improve break down of food etc.??
If OP theoretically has low stomach acid this could be why he's benefiting

Perhaps if his stomach acid was very low. However, most people with gastro-intestinal discomfort benefit from calcium tablets like tums, because they are alkaline which neutralizes high acidity. I also get stomach aches from too much orange juice and tomato sauce, which are highly acidic.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals