Caffeine Reverses Stress, Insulin Resistance, Hypertension

kaybb

Charlie said:
post 99159 I am using the Walmart brand "Equate" right now until I can find a better source. Basically its their generic version of "Unisom".
Oh great...I can find that..thanks !

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried to up my dose of caffeine to 600 mgs for the past several days. Bad idea. My Sleep has been steadily getting worse. Currently dealing with insomnia and constant heart palpitations when i need to sleep. Have to work in 7 hours. :( think i need to dial it back.

Tarmander

InterrogaOmnia said:
post 99221 Tried to up my dose of caffeine to 600 mgs for the past several days. Bad idea. My Sleep has been steadily getting worse. Currently dealing with insomnia and constant heart palpitations when i need to sleep. Have to work in 7 hours. :( think i need to dial it back.

This is what I have worried about...having to work and not getting any sleep...is there like a threshold you push through? All of a sudden you aren't crazy stimulated and can sleep? Yeah I know drink some OJ to calm the stress reaction but what if I need to like run a marathon right this instant to tire me out?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Tarmander said:
post 99223
InterrogaOmnia said:
post 99221 Tried to up my dose of caffeine to 600 mgs for the past several days. Bad idea. My Sleep has been steadily getting worse. Currently dealing with insomnia and constant heart palpitations when i need to sleep. Have to work in 7 hours. :( think i need to dial it back.

This is what I have worried about...having to work and not getting any sleep...is there like a threshold you push through? All of a sudden you aren't crazy stimulated and can sleep? Yeah I know drink some OJ to calm the stress reaction but what if I need to like run a marathon right this instant to tire me out?
The first day I took 600mg in one sitting I had trouble sleeping. After 2 days however it actually started making me sleepy. I know other people who were perked up by caffeine initially but then became sedated by it.
If it still affects your sleep after a few days I'd reduce the dosage and only increase it once a week by 200mg.

haidut said:
Tarmander said:
post 99223
InterrogaOmnia said:

The first day I took 600mg in one sitting I had trouble sleeping. After 2 days however it actually started making me sleepy. I know other people who were perked up by caffeine initially but then became sedated by it.
If it still affects your sleep after a few days I'd reduce the dosage and only increase it once a week by 200mg.
Yeah I'm going to try increasing it more slowly and not taking any too late in the day. So i ended up not going to work because i would of only slept a few hours. Last nights bad effects were partially caused by going out to drink and eating a ton of pufa fried fries. Last night was really bad, probably hospital worthy for some. I had nonstop palpitations like every 6th beat for nearly 3 hours all while feeling nausea and strong anxiety. My bowels were also shifting the whole time. I decided to take my temp and it came out to 96.9. But after a warm bath, taking magnesium, and drinking sugared salt water i slowly came back to life and fell asleep.

InterrogaOmnia said:
post 99265
haidut said:
Tarmander said:
post 99223
InterrogaOmnia said:

Yeah I'm going to try increasing it more slowly and not taking any too late in the day. So i ended up not going to work because i would of only slept a few hours. Last nights bad effects were partially caused by going out to drink and eating a ton of pufa fried fries. Last night was really bad, probably hospital worthy for some. I had nonstop palpitations like every 6th beat for nearly 3 hours all while feeling nausea and strong anxiety. My bowels were also shifting the whole time. I decided to take my temp and it came out to 96.9. But after a warm bath, taking magnesium, and drinking sugared salt water i slowly came back to life and fell asleep.

If you're going out drinking and eating a ton of PUFA fried fries and still expect the recommendations on this forum to work for you then need a dose of common sense.

Feeling better today after eating consistent meals. Yesterday i surely didnt eat enough throughout the early day for as much caffeine as i took. I probably had a massive insulin spike after the late night drinking. I think my intestines must have been really swollen. All my friends know that i have a sensitive stomach normally. My dad had crohns disease since his 20s. I wonder if i have a similar problem when i feel unwell.

kaybb

First day taking a large amount of caffine...45mg! Haha
That's hard core for me :cool: . Definitely feeling it, and it's good except slight headache. Is there something I can take/do to help avoid the headaches/migraine? This is a main reason I have avoided caffine but I want to try this caffine, K2 treatment.

kaybb

As day went on no migraine developed and that is progress. Actually best day I have had in a long time... :dancingsmileyman Caffine. ..I'm in :)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
kaybb said:
post 99308 First day taking a large amount of caffine...45mg! Haha
That's hard core for me :cool: . Definitely feeling it, and it's good except slight headache. Is there something I can take/do to help avoid the headaches/migraine? This is a main reason I have avoided caffine but I want to try this caffine, K2 treatment.

Taking with meal usually avoids the headache response.

SQu

some feedback: as expected, because of improving health, and going with coffee only and no caffeine pills, my next attempt at raising caffeine has gone better. Adrenalin and other symptoms like slight headache, nausea only briefly and now - sedation! Presumably because - stress hormones down; / magnesium in coffee; / progesterone raised? Also down are flushing episodes. A big deal for me in hot weather. Very happy about all of this and will put up with sleepiness if the underlying reasons are good.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
sueq said:
post 99531 some feedback: as expected, because of improving health, and going with coffee only and no caffeine pills, my next attempt at raising caffeine has gone better. Adrenalin and other symptoms like slight headache, nausea only briefly and now - sedation! Presumably because - stress hormones down; / magnesium in coffee; / progesterone raised? Also down are flushing episodes. A big deal for me in hot weather. Very happy about all of this and will put up with sleepiness if the underlying reasons are good.

Caffeine raises progesterone, allopregnanolone and pregnenolone as shown in this study.
Caffeine Increases Pregnenolone & Progesterone In The Brain
All of these can cause sleepiness when elevated, especially progesterone. This is usually a sign that caffeine is working for you rather than triggering a stress response like before.

kaybb

haidut said:
post 99530
kaybb said:
post 99308 First day taking a large amount of caffine...45mg! Haha

Taking with meal usually avoids the headache response.
I am taking caffine with food. Had about 45mg,, next day 45 mg, 20mg on third day and full out migraine :/.
Maybe I didn't eat enough during day after caffine. I still have lingering headache on fourth day but going to keep at it. Also, maybe I am missing something else that would help migraines.

kaybb

Thanks Haidut..I can add more food and btw great migraine info on other threads. Caffine is clearing my mind and I am absorbing the info I have been reading for weeks !!haha..

RPDiciple

You posted high protein reversed fatty liver disease. Caffeine is also great for liver so one should feel that doing both would have great benefits?

But you talk about high protein with high caffeine can results in high amonia?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
RPDiciple said:
post 100277 You posted high protein reversed fatty liver disease. Caffeine is also great for liver so one should feel that doing both would have great benefits?

Yes, human studies show high doses of caffeine (300mg+) inhibit urea synthesis and thus increase ammonia. I would not combine the high caffeine with high protein.

RPDiciple

haidut said:
post 100279

RPDiciple said:
post 100277 You posted high protein reversed fatty liver disease. Caffeine is also great for liver so one should feel that doing both would have great benefits?

Yes, human studies show high doses of caffeine (300mg+) inhibit urea synthesis and thus increase ammonia. I would not combine the high caffeine with high protein.

Ahh ok. Wich method do you think is best then? high protein or high caffeine? pros and cons :D

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
RPDiciple said:
post 100310
haidut said:
post 100279

RPDiciple said:

Ahh ok. Wich method do you think is best then? high protein or high caffeine? pros and cons :D

Depends on what you are trying to achieve. For liver health I'd go with caffeine, which should allow you to eat more protein and achieve positive nitrogen balance with less protein per day. Some people do not like caffeine and in that case you can do higher doses of K2 and glycine, taurine, etc.

RPDiciple

haidut said:
post 100318
RPDiciple said:
post 100310
haidut said:
post 100279

RPDiciple said:

Depends on what you are trying to achieve. For liver health I'd go with caffeine, which should allow you to eat more protein and achieve positive nitrogen balance with less protein per day. Some people do not like caffeine and in that case you can do higher doses of K2 and glycine, taurine, etc.

Cool. But like ll the RP people know, protein is important so how much protein can one eat and stikk take high amount of caffeine without it interfering and causing amonia etc?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
RPDiciple said:
post 100427
haidut said:
post 100318
RPDiciple said:
post 100310
haidut said:
post 100279

RPDiciple said:

Cool. But like ll the RP people know, protein is important so how much protein can one eat and stikk take high amount of caffeine without it interfering and causing amonia etc?

It probably varies among individuals, but I found that taking 600mg caffeine with a large protein meal (steak) gave me ammonia symptoms. It would depend on how fast you metabolize caffeine, which is a function of liver health. I guess if you take the caffeine a few hours away from meals (like the carrot salad Ray recommends) you should be fine. Maybe you can also cap caffeine doses at 400mg taken 3 times daily, which should reduce the ammonia response.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals