Zinc Supplements/suggestions Please

bionicheart

I have borderline tendencies and depression, I've noticed B6 helps but every time I take zinc supplements I get nauseated. The last time I took Zinc Picolinate(15mg on a full stomach) I had stomach pain and GI issues well into the next day.... does anyone know what may alleviate this?
I pretty sure I'm Zinc deficient and had copper toxicity in the past (due to vegetarianism and a copper IUD) I've increased my red meat intake to get more zinc via food but it's not helping with anything other than preventing anemia. (And I'm aware that adds more copper as well :/ )

I have acne as well. Any suggestions, experiences, or ideas on what brand/type of zinc to take would be greatly appreciated, thank you!!

how about taking liver, oysters, eating more seafood?

If you are going to supplement Dr. Peat has indicated zinc gluconate is lowest in heavy metals (especially cadmium concerns). I would be VERY conservative about it. I'd much rather use liver and seafood.

Vinero

I have tried about four or five different zinc supplements and they all gave me stomach pain, upset intestines, nausea etc.
I just eat a little beefsteak everyday for zinc, that seems to be enough zinc for making me feel good.

CLASH

-Zinc carnosine, taken with meal
-oysters sparingly as they have other heavy metals
-lamb

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Momado965

Zinc orotate if you do not have access to oysters at all or access to pufa rich oysters. I like the effects of zinc so I tend to aim for a dose anywhere between 170-200mg weekly from both food and supplementary intake.

Dave Clark

-Zinc carnosine, taken with meal
-oysters sparingly as they have other heavy metals
-lamb
I have read that zinc carnosine, which is indicated for stomach health, gets absorbed mostly in the stomach, and doesn't get into circulation for systemic use. That would make sense since it is normally used for gastritis, Gerd, H. pylori, etc., I would assume it gets concentrated there. You can double check on a search, but I don't think it is a good form for zinc sufficiency, I could be wrong.

mt_dreams

Avoid liver it’s loaded with copper
an ounce of chicken liver has 5%zinc, 5%copper and 13%iron. nothing really to be scared of. an ounce of cocoa has 2x more zinc, 3x more copper & 2x more iron than chicken liver. if you're looking for vit a, b2, b12, folate, choline, cholesterol, selenium, etc, some chicken liver pate will do the trick.

Pablo Cruise

I have borderline tendencies and depression, I've noticed B6 helps but every time I take zinc supplements I get nauseated. The last time I took Zinc Picolinate(15mg on a full stomach) I had stomach pain and GI issues well into the next day.... does anyone know what may alleviate this?
I pretty sure I'm Zinc deficient and had copper toxicity in the past (due to vegetarianism and a copper IUD) I've increased my red meat intake to get more zinc via food but it's not helping with anything other than preventing anemia. (And I'm aware that adds more copper as well :/ )

I have acne as well. Any suggestions, experiences, or ideas on what brand/type of zinc to take would be greatly appreciated, thank you!!

Take with food or meals!

CLASH

@Dave Clark
I have seen zinc carnosine for repair of the stomach mucosa. I’m not sure if the stomach hoardes the zinc carnosine though. I still think the body may receive zinc from the zinc carnosine. In this study (from my extremely lazy google search):
Zinc carnosine, a health food supplement that stabilises small bowel integrity and stimulates gut repair processes
zinc carnosine also protected the small intestine. From this I would assume if the zinc is reaching the small intestine it must not be being hoarded by the stomach and must be being absorbed.
Either way if i’m wrong then theres always zinc gluconate which is the least contaminated according to the studies I’ve seen.

OP
bionicheart

bionicheart

Thanks to everyone for your insights. I ordered some zinc carnosine and ionic zinc so I'll experiment with both and see if that helps... the zinc gluconate always caused GI issues for me that's the reason I can't take it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals