Worried That Coconut Oil May Have Clogged My Arteries

johnwester130

I got through a 10kg tub of coconut oil 6 months

That is approximately 55 grams a day.

What is the likelihood the oil damaged me ?

dbh25

That's around 500 calories/day or 4 tbsp. What was your total fat-carb- protein intake like during this time?

You're probably fine. 6 months isn't that long, and opinions are mixed on whether or not coconut oil "clogs arteries."

Kyle M

Inflammation and oxidized PUFA can cause macrophages to die and build up plaques of dead cells and calcium on arterial walls. No fats "clog" the arteries though. And coconut oil fatty acids don't spontaneously oxidize at body temperature.

dbh25

How did you feel before and after? If that is all the fat calories you had, and you were eating around 2500 calories, that's only 20% from fat

J

James IV

Inflammation and oxidized PUFA can cause macrophages to die and build up plaques of dead cells and calcium on arterial walls. No fats "clog" the arteries though. And coconut oil fatty acids don't spontaneously oxidize at body temperature.

:clap

I strongly suggest you stay in the house and wear heavy clothes at all times if you for any reason go out and forget your jacket you will solidify instantly and it will be too late however I hear they pay well at the wax museum

x-ray peat

Have you checked you cholesterol numbers. I have found that co raises HDL and lowers LDL but it seems to affect everyone differently

tankasnowgod

Like..... seriously? How is this even a topic?

If you seriously question Ray's views on coconut oil, and put any stock in the Diet-Heart Hypothesis, why did you pound through so much oil in such a short time?

And if you're at all concerned about arterial blockage, you could get a CT scan, or better yet, an Carotid Artery IMT ultrasound scan, to minimize your exposure to radiation.

T

tca300

images.jpg

A.R

I got through a 10kg tub of coconut oil 6 months

That is approximately 55 grams a day.

Can you share your source please where you bought the tub from

Thank You

yerrag

Hello, are you still there?

yerrag

My mom was on about that much recovering from a brain excitotoxicity from ciprofloxacin worsened by hypoglycemia.

So you'll be fine. She's recovered but she's taking 40g a day, but I'm lowering it to 20g a day, making up for the lost calories with sugar.

sladerunner69

That's around 500 calories/day or 4 tbsp. What was your total fat-carb- protein intake like during this time?
You're probably fine. 6 months isn't that long, and opinions are mixed on whether or not coconut oil "clogs arteries."
How did you feel before and after? If that is all the fat calories you had, and you were eating around 2500 calories, that's only 20% from fat

Any studies to support the notion that fat "clogs" arteries?

tara

Do you have any reason to think you have a problem with arterial plaques? If so, any evidence that it's got worse since you started eating coconut oil? What does your concern arise from?

tankasnowgod

I thought coconut oil was good. Isn't OP being foolish?

Yeah, this is reaaaally a weird one. It doesn't seem like a joke, and yet the OP has been around these parts for a while.

At the same time, I admire his commitment to Coconut Oil, regardless.

Travis

What is the likelihood the oil damaged me?
Pretty low. Most of that oil was metabolized in you liver to small ketone fragments.

I just visited Wikipedia and found this:
ldl.png

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals