Will I Know If I'm Taking Too Much Aspirin?

jzeno

I'm suffering from low body temps this winter (hands, feet get cold easily unless I make sure I get enough coconut oil or something in me that warms me up) and I decided to jump on the aspirin train and for starters I took one 325 mg tab and my hands and feet warmed up immediately. It was great. That was the first time I've ever taken aspirin. I thought "One full tab, one time should be safe."

Right now, I am taking one half of one tab (325 mg cut in half) at least once per day and if I remember, I might take another one. Sometimes I forget because it's not too important to me yet because I'd rather err on the conservative side anyway.

But I like it so much, I would like to take more. If I do take one 325 mg tab per morning and evening (when my hands and feet are most susceptible to cold), will I get some sort of warning signal?

People talk about ulcers, but I don't think I've ever had one and I'm not sure that it's certain I'll get an ulcer before some other damage is caused without my knowing. And I've never had any stomach discomfort from taking one 325 mg tab or taking the same amount split up in the morning and evening.

Should I titrate up until I'm good or start getting some negative symptoms?

My concern is that I'll be doing some damage and I won't know until it's too late. I believe I'm being overly precautious, but in my mind I'm used to taking vitamin C where if I take too much, I might get the runs and then I'm fine. Using aspirin and an ulcer seem serious to me.

Does anyone have any experience or have any sources on this?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Aspirin Side Effects in Detail - Drugs.com
Here’s a link to the possible side effects.
I’ve personally had nose bleeds and bruised easily from taking higher doses than you report on a regular basis in the past. Making sure to get enough vitamin K seems to help some.

LeeLemonoil

Also observe if you get headaches from regular use. A common side effect from most NSARs

TeaRex14

I've taken 650mg a day for quite some time now without any problems. Few things to keep in mind about aspirin, anything under 1 gram (325-975mgs) is typically considered exceedingly safe. There's been studies of people taking more then 4 grams at one time. Another thing is be aware of any other blood thinners you might be taking, or indirectly taking through diet (i.e like ginger). They might synergistically act with aspirin. Also take adequate amounts of vitamin k. Between 1 and 2mgs is probably sufficient for anything under 1 gram of aspirin. Personally I take 400mcgs of MK-7 and I eat a 120 gram serving of kale every other day.

Dragan

I was taking 400 mg per day until one day I saw big hematoma in the corner of one eye
Few weeks after the other eye was affected
Until one day I left big blood stain on the car seat, from the piles I guess
I realized it must be the aspirin
Stopped using it and never got similar bleeding again

opethfeldt

I get ringing ears. Then hearing changes. I also experience changes to my sense of touch. Things feel...weird. I don't know how else to describe it. Finally, I got nausea and puked. Keep in mind, this was from taking probably 7 or 8 grams or more. Why did I take that much? I had a very bad toothache and figured more was better.

tastyfood

This is an old thread, but I wanted to share that with doses of 4g per day, it's possible that I went into hyperkalemia territory. I can't my finger on the aspirin being the cause, but I started to develop chest pain, stuffed nose, and severe shortness of breath for days. I had to end up using an inhaler because it wasn't going away.

I managed to stay with the high dose of aspirin for many days before these symptoms appeared. I think it can be tolerated, but I wonder if have to add more baking soda to the aspirin to buffer it more. I was barely adding a pinch of baking soda to the 1g of aspirin.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals