Whole Milk?

Alexander

Is it better to drink Whole milk or Skim milk at breakfast?

I currently drink 1 cup of Whole milk(3.25%Fat) at breakfast.

I feel so full its insane, Its like my stomach is full packed.

I use to drink 2% milk when young.

But many people say to me too drink whole milk.

Do ray peat recommend Whole milk or Skim milk?

raypeatclips

Drink whatever you feel best drinking.

You are opening a can of worms asking which Peat recommends haha, brace for impact.

Peat has said whole milk can be fattening for people if they are using milk to make up their calcium and protein requirements. He has said very active people, such as people with manual labour jobs could benefit from the extra calories from fat. Drink whatever makes you feel better.

OP
A

Alexander

Drink whatever you feel best drinking.

You are opening a can of worms asking which Peat recommends haha, brace for impact.

Peat has said whole milk can be fattening for people if they are using milk to make up their calcium and protein requirements. He has said very active people, such as people with manual labour jobs could benefit from the extra calories from fat. Drink whatever makes you feel better.
I like the taste of whole milk.

When i was young i drank 2%. But whole milk taste so good compared to 2% or Skim.

I know theres more fat in the whole milk.

Many people have said to me to drink Whole milk, The fatest one i can get. I can get 3.8% Milk here.

They said to drink the closest to Raw milk you can get, 3.25% is the cloest to raw milk.

You can see on the pint of the 2% They add vitamins to the milk, Where Whole milk has just vitamin D added.

Just not sure.

raypeatclips

I like the taste of whole milk.

When i was young i drank 2%. But whole milk taste so good compared to 2% or Skim.

I know theres more fat in the whole milk.

Many people have said to me to drink Whole milk, The fatest one i can get. I can get 3.8% Milk here.

They said to drink the closest to Raw milk you can get, 3.25% is the cloest to raw milk.

You can see on the pint of the 2% They add vitamins to the milk, Where Whole milk has just vitamin D added.

Just not sure.

Who are these "many people" and "they?" Just have a few weeks drinking one type, then a few weeks drinking another, watch the scales, and watch how you feel.

TripleOG

Gotta see how you handle it and go from there.

I tried skim milk. Caused digestion issues that would go away with added fat. Seems others on this forum experienced similar issues.

@Travis made an interesting post regarding estrogen content and estrogen:androgen ratio in skim, low fat, and whole milk, suggesting whole milk is favorable.

if you don't get fat, it's probably all right for whole milk. i was eating whole fat cheese, man i gained a lot of weight from it i think. i'm experimenting myself now with 2% cheese or even skim milk cheese i just thought of next time. i dont know why the fat content would make you fat though tbh.

lampofred

Peat recommends low fat milk, but I recently tried drinking low fat milk for a few weeks because I started getting baby fat on my face from too much whole milk, and I started losing hair after years of having a full head of hair. I went back to whole milk and the hair loss stopped again.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals