Where Can I Find Magnesium Succinate Or Sodium Succinate?

TreasureVibe

Where can I find magnesium succinate or sodium succinate?

Also why would magnesium succinate be better than succinic acid for heavy metal chelation from the brain?

Last edited:

yerrag

I have to get my succinic acid first from Amazon, and then try making magnesium succinate from mixing magnesium carbonate and succinic acid in water. If it works the same way as making magnesium ascorbate from mag carbonate and ascorbic acid, then I'm set. That is, if I can just drink it straight up. Here's the reaction:

Balance Chemical Equation - Online Balancer

Kray

I have to get my succinic acid first from Amazon, and then try making magnesium succinate from mixing magnesium carbonate and succinic acid in water. If it works the same way as making magnesium ascorbate from mag carbonate and ascorbic acid, then I'm set. That is, if I can just drink it straight up. Here's the reaction:

Are you still using this form of Mg mixed with succinic acid? What are your results? Does succ. acid enhance effects of Mg, or what specifically are benefits? I have the free powder form and was considering using it topically for MPB.

yerrag

Are you still using this form of Mg mixed with succinic acid? What are your results? Does succ. acid enhance effects of Mg, or what specifically are benefits? I have the free powder form and was considering using it topically for MPB.
I've switched to using magnesium acetate only because I was also mixing it with calcium acetate. I would weekly make a solution with both of these in a concentrated form, and then store it in a literl Coke bottle. I would take 50ml of it after meals, and dilute it to glass of water to make it more palatable. A liter lasts one roughly one week.

But I've been thinking of going back to magnesium succinate and so I'd have a mixture of magnesium succinate and calcium acetate instead. It would also taste better as the acetate has a bit of a bad taste.

The benefit of succinate is that is helps with lead chelation. I used to suspect lead toxicity as a cause of my hypertension, and I used magnesium and vitamin C and was able to lower my blood pressure with it. But the progress hit a plateau, and my blood pressure was still high. I decided that perhaps I've done all I could lead chelation-wise, and probably the lead toxicity is gone, and I'd decided there was something else causing my high blood pressure.

So now I'm pursuing plaque formation in my capillaries, especially kidneys, and I'm using magnesium with vitamin b6 for decalcification. It matters less now what anion is now paired with magnesium. So I'm using magnesium acetate. But magnesium succinate is just as easy to prepare. I used to make magnesium bicarbonate, but I'd have to use CO2 from a tank to make carbonated water, and have to shake the bottle to make magnesium bicarbonate.

I think that MPB involves some plaque at its worst, or calcification at best, and that it can benefit from magnesium and b6 supplementation. Also vitamin k2 is helpful.

Kray

I've switched to using magnesium acetate only because I was also mixing it with calcium acetate. I would weekly make a solution with both of these in a concentrated form, and then store it in a literl Coke bottle. I would take 50ml of it after meals, and dilute it to glass of water to make it more palatable. A liter lasts one roughly one week.

But I've been thinking of going back to magnesium succinate and so I'd have a mixture of magnesium succinate and calcium acetate instead. It would also taste better as the acetate has a bit of a bad taste.

The benefit of succinate is that is helps with lead chelation. I used to suspect lead toxicity as a cause of my hypertension, and I used magnesium and vitamin C and was able to lower my blood pressure with it. But the progress hit a plateau, and my blood pressure was still high. I decided that perhaps I've done all I could lead chelation-wise, and probably the lead toxicity is gone, and I'd decided there was something else causing my high blood pressure.

So now I'm pursuing plaque formation in my capillaries, especially kidneys, and I'm using magnesium with vitamin b6 for decalcification. It matters less now what anion is now paired with magnesium. So I'm using magnesium acetate. But magnesium succinate is just as easy to prepare. I used to make magnesium bicarbonate, but I'd have to use CO2 from a tank to make carbonated water, and have to shake the bottle to make magnesium bicarbonate.

I think that MPB involves some plaque at its worst, or calcification at best, and that it can benefit from magnesium and b6 supplementation. Also vitamin k2 is helpful.
Thanks for the information. What amounts of Mg and b6, k2 per day? Orally, topically, or both? Ok to use p5p in lieu of b6?

yerrag

Thanks for the information. What amounts of Mg and b6, k2 per day? Orally, topically, or both? Ok to use p5p in lieu of b6?
I'm getting 400mg Mg, 120mg b6, and 15mg k2 per day. Mg and B6 orally, and P5P would be better than B6. K2 topically with Kuinone of Idealabs.

But the Mg is a maintenance dose and it's because I had been on 800mg of it for a year already.

Kray

I'm getting 400mg Mg, 120mg b6, and 15mg k2 per day. Mg and B6 orally, and P5P would be better than B6. K2 topically with Kuinone of Idealabs.

But the Mg is a maintenance dose and it's because I had been on 800mg of it for a year already.

I'm experimenting a bit with succinic acid and had seen your thread on Mg succinate. Still finding new stuff about it-- it's naturally occurring but has some amazing benefits, some life-changing Cell-permeable succinate prodrugs bypass mitochondrial complex I deficiency

Thanks for tips (sorry for wandering into another topic on MPB), appreciate!

Sativa

Succinic acid had been studied for even longer than inosine and it has a myriad of health effects, many of them overlapping with inosine. As a Krebs cycle intermediate, its main metabolic effect is the stimulation of the Krebs cycle activity as well as the flow of electrons along the electron transport chain (ETC). In fact, the enzyme that metabolizes succinic acid (Succinic Acid Dehydrogenase) is an enzyme that is part of both the Krebs cycle and ETC. The final effects of these stimulations is of course the increase in ATP synthesis. So, the presence of succinic acid in Cardenosine is due to its role as a stimulator (and an indirect source) of ATP synthesis.

re Mg:
Magnesium has a unique and highly important role in human health. The mineral is a required cofactor for over 300 enzymes in the organism, including the crucial enzyme PDH. In addition, it has a well-recognized role in the CNS and various other systems including GABA/glycine receptors, NMDA, calcium channels, inflammation (CRP, NF-kB, TNFa, etc).

I am currently experimenting, making different salts of molecules like Caffaine/Ca/Mg/Na/K etc using novel acids (eg salicylic, succinic, benzoic etc).
Lots of salts with lots of potential applications!
here's the main thread for my 'project' ... "Caffeine Salicylate" - A Novel Compound?

Broken man

Do you have some material on the bottom after the chemical reaction?

yerrag

Do you have some material on the bottom after the chemical reaction?
No. The reaction was 100% and I used stoichiometric amounts.

yerrag

Please, how can I calculate it?
I gave you the link with the equation. All you have to do is fill out the amount of magnesium carbonate, and it will give you the amout of succinct acid to react with it.