Wheat And Dry Skin

M

member 2106

Too much wheat reliably makes my skin dry out. I get dandruff and the skin under my facial hair becomes flaky and itchy. It may also have caused ringworm in some instances, although that connection is a bit more tenuous.

Does anyone else get this same specific reaction to wheat/gluten?

Obviously, not eating wheat is the solution here, but does anyone have any idea what might be going on here? Like what is the actual cascade of reactions that is resulting in the visible symptom of psoriasis?

OP
M

member 2106

Any other thoughts? Could it be the added nutrients in British flour that I'm reacting to? Or just a plain and simple wheat allergy?

EIRE24

Too much wheat reliably makes my skin dry out. I get dandruff and the skin under my facial hair becomes flaky and itchy. It may also have caused ringworm in some instances, although that connection is a bit more tenuous.

Obviously, not eating wheat is the solution here, but does anyone have any idea what might be going on here? Like what is the actual cascade of reactions that is resulting in the visible symptom of psoriasis?
I get all these same symptoms but not sure its from wheat.

OP
M

member 2106

Ray's suggestion: It could be causing changes in intestinal bacteria, changing their production of vitamins or irritants.

MigFon

I do get this same issue even with the unfortified wheat sold in my country.

It seems to be worse with whole wheat bread/sourdough for instance, than with refined flour using ones.

Last edited:
OP
M

member 2106

I do get this same issue even with the unfortified wheat sold in my country.

It seems to be worse with whole wheat bread/sourdough for instance, than with refined flour using ones.

Interesting. Do you just avoid wheat now?

MigFon

Interesting. Do you just avoid wheat now?

I avoid the whole wheat bread variety only.

I still eat bread made with refined flour (a.k.a. white bread), but with some moderation. I enjoy the occasional warm slice of toasted bread with melted butter a little bit too much to give it up, so...

OP
M

member 2106

I avoid the whole wheat bread variety only.

I still eat bread made with refined flour (a.k.a. white bread), but with some moderation. I enjoy the occasional warm slice of toasted bread with melted butter a little bit too much to give it up, so...

Perhaps it's not the gluten you're reacting to.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals