What Supplements Should I Take?

Endew57

I eat whatever I want but i go as peaty as possible ( mostly fast food).
I'm high in creatinine and low in iron. Everything else is good. What supplements should I take?

johnwester130

Caffeine, K2 Aspirin, glycine, MB Taurine Vitamin E Theanine Thiamine BCAA Pyridoxine Biotin for liver health

But it depends on your goals and needs

mmb82

I'm high in creatinine and low in iron. Everything else is good. What supplements should I take?

What are your symptoms? Also, what do you mean by "low in iron"? Did you get an actual iron panel that says your serum iron or serum ferritin are low or did you just get a CBC w/ diff?
High creatine is often associated with poor kidney function, so I am curious what your BUN measurement was as well.

OP
E

Endew57

What are your symptoms? Also, what do you mean by "low in iron"? Did you get an actual iron panel that says your serum iron or serum ferritin are low or did you just get a CBC w/ diff?
High creatine is often associated with poor kidney function, so I am curious what your BUN measurement was as well.

Everything else was good. I was born anemic. My thyroid checked out good but I'm always cold and have thinning eyebrows. What can I do to improve kidney function?

johnwester130

I want to improve my looks. I'm a male

Ray Peat's work believes everything in the body is connected and views it as a whole organism.

So looks/skin/hair/nails/kidneys/heart/thyroid/digestion/liver all require the same thing and nothing is specific to them and they all work in tandem.

But k2 in particular will help, and it needs to be balanced with vitamin d, vitamin A, and topical magnesium oil. A lot of people have connected k2 to attractiveness.
Oysters provide zinc/selenium/taurine which also help.
Progesterone has been said to make people more attractive, by enhancing bone structure and redistributing fat. Men need to take it with an androgen though.

Cooking all food in coconut oil also improves the body.

OP
E

Endew57

Ray Peat's work believes everything in the body is connected and views it as a whole organism.

So looks/skin/hair/nails/kidneys/heart/thyroid/digestion/liver all require the same thing and nothing is specific to them and they all work in tandem.

But k2 in particular will help, and it needs to be balanced with vitamin d, vitamin A, and topical magnesium oil. A lot of people have connected k2 to attractiveness.
Oysters provide zinc/selenium/taurine which also help.
Progesterone has been said to make people more attractive, by enhancing bone structure and redistributing fat. Men need to take it with an androgen though.

Cooking all food in coconut oil also improves the body.

Thank you

mmb82

Everything else was good. I was born anemic. My thyroid checked out good but I'm always cold and have thinning eyebrows.

That doesn't answer the iron panel question at all. Were you diagnosed as anemic by a doctor or was this a self-diagnosis? A lot of times, iron overload is mistaken as or misdiagnosed as anemia. An iron panel would help you determine if you actually have iron overload and not anemia.

By the way, people could help you more if you were specific and provided more information about things like your diet, your current supplements, actual numbers on your blood tests, etc. Saying things like "everything is good" and "i go as peaty as possible" mean close to nothing and make it hard for anyone to suggest anything that could potentially help you.

OP
E

Endew57

That doesn't answer the iron panel question at all. Were you diagnosed as anemic by a doctor or was this a self-diagnosis? A lot of times, iron overload is mistaken as or misdiagnosed as anemia. An iron panel would help you determine if you actually have iron overload and not anemia.

By the way, people could help you more if you were specific and provided more information about things like your diet, your current supplements, actual numbers on your blood tests, etc. Saying things like "everything is good" and "i go as peaty as possible" mean close to nothing and make it hard for anyone to suggest anything that could potentially help you.

I was born anemic ( by a doctor) and my iron has been low ever since. The only abnormally on my bloodwork . I read on here that iron supps are no good so I'm looking for alternatives.