What Rules Do You Break?

Sobieski

Interested to find out what Peat rules people hear break that they find works of them health wise.
Look forward to responses.

Sobieski

olive

Really good idea for a thread, interested to see responses from others.

I eat one meal per day, meaning I’m in a fasted state for ~23 hours. I eat a very large meal immediately after resistance training or sprints. I’m getting stronger and my body composition is changing for the better, I think due to increased insulin response IGF.

I also have a hard time avoiding salmon. I eat it at least once a week. Guilty pleasure I suppose.
Would appreciate if someone could explain how damaging this is so I don’t eat so much of it in the future.

Endew

I eat mostly McDonald's ( I love it). Sometimes 3 Times a day. I use veggie oil. I don't use natural Body Care products. And lastly I take zinc and niacin.

Dobbler

I eat alot of beef. Its very low in PUFA , has alot of protein and nutrients, but some people still consider it "anti peat"
I also eat some vegetables like onions, cucumber etc.
I eat 5 eggs daily, some people consider it to be too much
I eat my last meal at night,sometimes as late as 2 am, because my sleep cycle is ****88. This is something i would like to change but its hard. :D

x-ray peat

I drink my coffee black, I eat salads, I take single amino acids, I drink water, I dont drink OJ, I dont drink milk.
yes Im a bad Peater:)

InChristAlone

I eat lots of pasta, sometimes junk, I don't drink milk, don't do the carrot or bamboo or mushroom, don't use thyroid, don't drink coffee or caffeine. Other than that I eat a high carb diet like most Peat fans. At least 50% carbs everyday.

dfspcc20

- drink cafe au lait instead of cafe con leche
- prefer Coleridge and Wordsworth over Blake
- being more serious... I never track calories and barely look at macros or micros. Barely ever track weight, body fat, pulse, temps, etc. I hate any form of micromanagement and mostly just go by subjective feel. I'm probably one of the least "disciplined" people I can think of, yet I'm doing pretty well.

Nicole W.

I know Peat is not a fan of starch for good reason, but I eat sourdough bread every day. It’s great with cheese and butter and fruit and even a piece of chocolate. It’s really hard for me to “Peat” without it. I’ve heard him say that sourdough bread not the worst starch to eat and I think their are valid arguments for eating this type of bread to further health goals. But basically, I love it and can’t do without it. Satiety is much improved when I eat sourdough in conjunction with other Peat approved foods, I find.

Jpkoepse

Me and the gf go out to dinner once a week without health in mind... every meal outside of this during the week tho is on track. Gives us something to look forward to and enjoy time with each other.

cyclops

What are you guys even doing here!

I eat mostly McDonald's ( I love it). Sometimes 3 Times a day. I use veggie oil. I don't use natural Body Care products. And lastly I take zinc and niacin.

especially you lol.

opethfeldt

I do my best to follow the "rules" the majority of the time. However, I think it's just as bad to be incredibly strict and neurotic about health as it is to just not care and eat whatever you want. As far as the rules I break, I eat fast food maybe once a week. Just a burger usually. Never french fries. I never eat liver. Can't stand the taste of the stuff. No carrot salads here, either. In addition, I probably eat more meat than is optimal, though I do supplement both glycine and gelatin. I'd say I do about 70-80 percent of things by the "book" and I think that's right around the minimum amount you need to do in order to see the benefits of anything you do in life.

D

danishispsychic

Gluten free english muffins with grass fed butter and Italian Marmalade and/ or Tart Cherry Jam. I love Spaghetti from the local Italian place once in a while. They make their own pasta and sauce out of tomatoes and olive oil . YUMS. I stop eating cookies. That was major for me. I will make Pancakes because... well, I am Danish. We neeeed to eat those.

Arnold Grape

Sometimes I drink whiskey and smoke American Spirits, under the guise of lowering stress hormones. Yesterday I got ample sun and then swam in a chlorinated swimming pool. The toothpaste I use, I have recently discovered, contains baking soda but also fluoride ,,

Also, I am hesitant to look at the ingredients of sriracha, for fear of what gums it might contain. (I already know.) A lot, I am eating my meals alone. The red light that I have seems to never be capable of balancing the blue light from elsewhere. And so on.

Endew

What are you guys even doing here!

especially you lol.

The diet I follwed for most of my life consisted of low carb, no meat and no sugar;while drinking water only. The Peaty McDonald's diet has really improved my health, especially my face. I like the results even though I gained 30lbs.

Luann

Me and @Nicole W. on team starch! Except I am a white rice fan, not bread.

Haha @cyclops

oh and arnold grape I also sneak out back for cigarettes and sriracha! But not those two at the same time though!