What Is The Single Most Important Hair Loss Supplement To Take?

Gl;itch.e

how much taurine would you recommend
How much are you talking? Others have complained about stomach issues from more than a couple of grams.
I have used without any problems upwards of 12+ grams a day.

I think 3g a day is the minimum effective dose for me in stopping hairloss. I stick around this level generally.

The only actually regrowth I saw was at the 12+ grams a day level. Still very modest, but "sprouted" some new hairs in previously bald areas. I would spread this amount across the day in 3-4 doses of 3 grams (1 teaspoon)

Don't for a second think this will regrow all of someones lost hair, but I strongly believe it helps keep what you have when used alongside the smarter food choices we make in this group.

DaveFoster

I have used without any problems upwards of 12+ grams a day.

I think 3g a day is the minimum effective dose for me in stopping hairloss. I stick around this level generally.

The only actually regrowth I saw was at the 12+ grams a day level. Still very modest, but "sprouted" some new hairs in previously bald areas. I would spread this amount across the day in 3-4 doses of 3 grams (1 teaspoon)

Don't for a second think this will regrow all of someones lost hair, but I strongly believe it helps keep what you have when used alongside the smarter food choices we make in this group.
Interesting info Glitch; I've been doing 2 grams/day and hair loss (MPB) has continued.

I'll bump it up to 3 grams.

Iron Man

I am doing the red light thing for 5-7 minutes about 5 days a week. Nice to hear people reporting success stories on this. What kind of success and how long do you guys use the light for?

EIRE24

To add to the topic of sunlight exposure, I think that increased exposure requires increased retinol in the diet. Over roughly a ten month period, I've had considerable success with my overall well-being-- including skin and hair-- once I adopted a lifestyle aligned with Peat's writings. Each time I've regressed during that time I can confidently attribute it to a handful of things: sudden and sizable PUFA ingestion, alcohol consumption, and big doses of sunlight.

Regarding the latter, sunlight exposure: in the last two weeks my hair has been shedding like crazy and I've had a bit of volatility to my mood. I live in the upper midwest and given the changing seasons I've had a sharp increase in sun exposure which has resulted in small acne breakouts and considerable shedding of my hair. I believe the increased sun exposure to my retina has sharply increased my retinol requirements due to the maintenance of my retina as well as increased production of testosterone.

Earlier this week I had 4 oz of beef liver for dinner and immediately saw an improvement in my skin and a return normal sensitivity to sunlight (it was harsh to the point I winced before). Just today I got home and started thinking about how I was rather tired and in a bit of a funk. I stopped to ponder what I'd have for dinner and the thought of liver is appetizing, believe it or not.

Anyways-- all this to say that retinols and testosterone have beneficial roles in sebaceous gland regulation and hair follicle health, and I think increases in sunlight exposure should be met with retinol ingestion accordingly.
Do you ever find that liver dries out your skin?

DuggaDugga

Do you ever find that liver dries out your skin?
Yeah, a few months ago I ate sizable portions within two days of one another as I was heading out of town for a week and wanted to "stock up". I remember having no appetite for it the second day but forcing myself anyways. I woke up with dry skin and a mild headache the next day. You really can have too much of a good thing.

EIRE24

Yeah, a few months ago I ate sizable portions within two days of one another as I was heading out of town for a week and wanted to "stock up". I remember having no appetite for it the second day but forcing myself anyways. I woke up with dry skin and a mild headache the next day. You really can have too much of a good thing.
I suffer from acne and liver seems to actually increase my acne due to the dry skin, I think the dead skin clogs my pores and causes the acne. I can see no other explanation why?

DuggaDugga

I suffer from acne and liver seems to actually increase my acne due to the dry skin, I think the dead skin clogs my pores and causes the acne. I can see no other explanation why?

It's no doubt a complicated matter. If you're consuming a good amount of retinol but still seeing adverse results, I would consider whether your ability to metabolize it into retinoic acid is compromised by, say, competition for alcohol dehydrogenase due to high consumption of ethanol or other alcohols. I would also consider whether your demand for retinoids is increased; large scale retina stimulation (longer days in spring time, constant exposure to screens, etc.), increased demand sex hormone production (weight lifting, increased light exposure).

I would also definitely consider whether or not there are other confounders at play. Androgens play a role in the constant growth and differentiation of the sebaceous gland. High cortisol, estrogen could reasonably play a role in disrupting the normal growth and differentiation of those cells. The sebaceous gland produces a complex mix of lipids, waxes, cholesterols, triglycerides, etc. I would think that, subsequently, excess unsaturated fats and their metabolites (especially arachidonic acid) are an especial oxidative burden in these cells.

This is getting a tad off-topic. I'll start a thread elsewhere to continue this discussion.

Scenes

Cyproheptadine, diamant, K2 MK4, topical thiamine, caffeine and ribose

I love that in a thread titled 'single most important hair supp' we've almost not seen the same thing listed twice by any two people yet...

Seems we have no idea. How effective have you found any of these to be?

Scenes

it's very difficult to say

dietary gelatin

coconut oil

maybe niacinamide

for me , topical cyproheptadine worked better than topical aspirin. oils never really worked
@johnwester130 Did the topical cypro continue working? I tried it for a couple of weeks, found a systemic effect in that it helped regulate bowels, didn't notice anything on hair.

Broken man

I love that in a thread titled 'single most important hair supp' we've almost not seen the same thing listed twice by any two people yet...

Seems we have no idea. How effective have you found any of these to be?

I am difuse thinner so diamant.

Broken man

I am as well but no differemce on diamant.
Nothing has worked. Not even finasteride.
I found that my hair are without color and I am gaining alot from everything that improve dopamine or reduce serotonin but I tried alot of things.

x-ray peat

I am doing the red light thing for 5-7 minutes about 5 days a week. Nice to hear people reporting success stories on this. What kind of success and how long do you guys use the light for?
It depends on how strong your red light is. Google "Valtsu and red light" he goes into this in some detail. Red light therapy is on an inverted u curve. Too little doesn't do anything but too much can be harmful. If you are feeling a weird feeling in your brain you are probably doing too much.

Iron Man

It depends on how strong your red light is. Google "Valtsu and red light" he goes into this in some detail. Red light therapy is on an inverted u curve. Too little doesn't do anything but too much can be harmful. If you are feeling a weird feeling in your brain you are probably doing too much.
Thanks x-ray peat.
I purchased and am using the redlight from RedLight Man.

mujuro

Forum Supporter
So far, in my experience metergoline or lisuride has been better than anything else for my hair. Throttles down prolactin, serotonin, cortisol, estrogen, histamine. I stopped lisuride due to sleepiness (more potent for me at lower doses than higher doses), but metergoline is my new messiah.

x-ray peat

Anyone have any before and after pictures? It would be good to see the actual results and what you think was responsible for it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals