What I Eat

dreamcatcher

Thanks. I just found out about yellow lentils, much less fibers and more carbs. I just ate 150 grams of it, my stomach doesn't seem to appreciate right now but maybe adapting is worth it. White rice and potatoes do get boring.
The key is to soak it overnight. I sprout my green lentils and chickpeas.

OP
Mito

Mito

It’s interesting he eats that much iron because he has hemochromatosis. But since he knows about that problem, he regularly gives blood so maybe that’s why he’s not concerned about it?

Amazoniac

@haidut or @Such_Saturation, which one of you posted some time ago about the clearance (but also uptake?) of iron in the brain being slower?
If this is true, is blood donation or pboytomy just as effective for the parts of the body that its metabolism is slower as it is for other parts? Because depending, this strategy might not make up for an iron-rich diet.

Iron deposits in the chronically inflamed central nervous system and contributes to neurodegeneration
"Clearly, a condition with chronic pathology of the CNS leading to migration of iron-containing macrophages and their subsequent demise as discussed in previous paragraphs would make it likely that the neurons could suffer from the accumulation of iron released from dying macrophages combined with the incapability to release iron via ferroportin due to the presence of hepcidin inside the inflamed CNS (Fig. 5). This notion gets exaggerated by the fact that the turnover of iron in the CNS is very slow even in the normal brain, which can be attributed to iron being accumulated in cells of the brain rather than being transported out of the brain (cf. [118])."

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut or @Such_Saturation, which one of you posted some time ago about the clearance (but also uptake?) of iron in the brain being slower?
If this is true, is blood donation or pboytomy just as effective for the parts of the body that its metabolism is slower as it is for other parts? Because depending, this strategy might not make up for an iron-rich diet.

Iron deposits in the chronically inflamed central nervous system and contributes to neurodegeneration
"Clearly, a condition with chronic pathology of the CNS leading to migration of iron-containing macrophages and their subsequent demise as discussed in previous paragraphs would make it likely that the neurons could suffer from the accumulation of iron released from dying macrophages combined with the incapability to release iron via ferroportin due to the presence of hepcidin inside the inflamed CNS (Fig. 5). This notion gets exaggerated by the fact that the turnover of iron in the CNS is very slow even in the normal brain, which can be attributed to iron being accumulated in cells of the brain rather than being transported out of the brain (cf. [118])."

I think it was Such who posted it, but I have been thinking along those lines for some time. It is well known that iron chelators have different effects from phlebotomy, the former being vastly more effective in certain diseases like animal models of Alzheimer and cancer. I think the same applies to any metal toxicity, including cadmium, lead, and even copper - i.e. tissue stores can sometimes be depleted only by using actual binding agents. Otherwise, phlebotomy would have been a viable approach for treating any heavy metal overload considering these metals float around in the blood.

Arrade

"Last year, I hired someone to do a variety of work for me that includes making me fresh juice every morning, preparing my starches, vegetables, and soft boiled eggs in large batches, and cooking meat for the day in the morning. This has made it far easier for me to rely less on convenience foods and to incorporate more vegetables into my diet." the poor man's *rich* ray peat
are you bragging that you're rich? :meh:

ilikecats

@Arrade ? no I wasn’t and no I’m not rich. That’s a quote hence the quotation marks. That’s a Chris Masterjohn quote. At first I called him the poor mans ray peat since he’s a nutrionalist who has some stylistic parallels to peat and actually has significant knowledge of human physiology and biology but he’s miles behind peat. The poor mans rich* ray peat is a dig on him for charging so much (I recently heard 300/hr) and making so much money (hiring someone to prepare your food) even though hes not on peats level and he’s clearly still dealing with his own health problems.

Arrade

@Arrade ? no I wasn’t and no I’m not rich. That’s a quote hence the quotation marks. That’s a Chris Masterjohn quote. At first I called him the poor mans ray peat since he’s a nutrionalist who has some stylistic parallels to peat and actually has significant knowledge of human physiology and biology but he’s miles behind peat. The poor mans rich* ray peat is a dig on him for charging so much (I recently heard 300/hr) and making so much money (hiring someone to prepare your food) even though hes not on peats level and he’s clearly still dealing with his own health problems.
I see. I missed the chris masterjohn reference. my apologies

ilikecats

@Arrade it’s all good but this thread is based on a Chris Masterjohn post about what he eats. But now that I see this thread again I think the claim he made about how wearing some make up recently destroyed his health should be a real red flag for people. I don’t have experience with the substances found in the make up that he talks about but if he was really a robust organism he wouldn’t have been so harmed by it. Also why did he need to wear make up in his videos? (I’m aware most guys on tv wear make up but still this seems intentionally misleading in this context)