What Does It Mean When NDT Lowers Already Low Temps & Mood?

Spartan300

I know what it feels like to wake up after deep sleep refreshed, in good health, with great libido along with tighter feeling midsection but it has been quite some time since I have felt like that. My sleep remains poor & unrefreshing. My tolerance to exercise is also poor.

With the exception of eliminating starch I have been avoiding PUFA & eating to Peat recommendations for >2yrs.

My waking temps & mood are lower now than 2 years ago. Nov 16 waking temp ave 97.5 deg, Dec 18 ave 97.0 deg.

In the time mentioned I have tried pretty much all of the supplements recommended here: aspirin, vit AEDK, niacinamide, taurine, glycine, gelatin, tribulus, pregnenolone, progesterone, DHEA, B6, egg shell calcium plus a range of Idealabs products including: Lapodin, Cypro, Androstrerone, Tocovit, Kuinone, gonadin.

Having explored all of these things and getting worse rather than better I thought I’d try NDT as a last resort. A month or so ago I started at 1 drop of tyromax/day for a week and then upped it to 2 drops after a week, 3 the following week etc. I got to 4 drops/day for a week and at best I’m not noticing anything but I feel like my mood and temperatures are actually worse if anything.

I’d be grateful if anyone has any ideas about why I might see the opposite effects of what all the studies suggest?

Tests prove androgen levels are good, TSH 2.3, T4 mid-range, T3 not tested. Cortisol was just above upper end of range for morning test.

Thanks all.

Jackrabbit

I don’t know why but ndt doesn’t work for me. You have high tsh for sure. Maybe try synthetic t4/t3, like cynoplus? Mymexicandrugstore is legit.

For sleep have you tried progesterone + dhea (just low dose 1-2mg of both)? Or bone broth, theres a brand called bonafide which they sell at some walmarts which is pretty quality. For me it was a matter of changing from gelatin to collagen as gelatin gave me stomach issues, and i could combine this with apple juice for a restful sleep as well

OP
Spartan300

Spartan300

@Jackrabbit I've wondered about synthetic or maybe T3 only. Maybe next step..

@Elchapchapchapo I've spoken about a eureka few days on here previously regarding sleep as it seems to be key to the solution and checking back what was new around the time the only thing was collagen which I've yet to retry.
I love bone broth but it doesn't seem to do anything. Gelatin also causes stomach problems. I'll give the collagen another whirl.

Thanks guys

TeaRex14

Any other theories?
It would be really hard for anyone to accurately diagnose. Serotonin can really be a killer of quality sleep, it also keeps you in a negative stress loop that prevents cortisol, adrenalin, and prolactin from being lowered. So naturally, lowering serotonin can have a cascade of anti-stress and pro metabolic effects. If I had to take a shot in the dark, I'd say start focusing on lowering serotonin. Lowering tryptophan, increasing gelatin, reducing the fiber in your diet, carrot salad, bag breathing, cypro (0.5mgs-1mgs), and theanine are all important for lowering serotonin. It would be interesting to know your rT3 levels as well, many people don't respond well to the 4:1 ratio of T4/T3 in NDT products. Personally, I'm not really a fan of pure T3 by itself, but something with a more favorable ratio of T4/T3 is likely superior. Idealab's Tyromix would be a great thing to try, it's a 2:1 ratio. Also, as a final note worth noting, you're taking quite a few supplements. Nothing inherently wrong with that, but taking a lot of supplements typically means you're taking a lot of impurities as well. Most products actually have just as many added ingredients in them as the actual compound itself. Idealabs and Pure Bulk are the only ones that sell really pure products in my experience. For aspirin, GeriCare makes the best product I've seen, it's non-coated, 325mgs, and the only ingredients is aspirin and corn starch (binder).

OP
Spartan300

Spartan300

Thanks @TeaRex14 this is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.

Those are just supplements I've tried over the last couple of years rather than stuff I take all the time.

My mood has declined over a similar timeframe & I'm struggling to shrug off things I should be able to. I have consumed a lot of whey protein over the last couple of decades so serotonin from tryptophan could make sense? I feel if I can fix sleep then the rest falls into place.

Gelatin gives me stomach gripes so I'm about to retry collagen. I'm using 0.5mg cypro most nights which helps somewhat. I go through phases of eating a raw carrot a day but haven't lately. I have some theanine but not really experimented much with it. I'll take some before bed on a daily basis and add in some bag breathing.
I'm in the UK and it's almost impossible to get a T3 test let alone rT3 - unfortunately I have neither. If I have no success with the serotonin lowering measures I might give tyromix a go.

TeaRex14

Yeah whey is definitely pretty high in tryptophan. Cheese is practically pure casein, which casein has it's own anti-inflammatory actions. Cheese is much less serotonignic then milk and/or whey. Collagen is good, just like gelatin except a little more digestible (according to many anecdotal testimonies). I haven't really needed a piece of muscle meat in a long time. I can get most of my protein from cheeses, collagen, lamb shanks, chicken feet, bone broth, chicharrons, eggs, and shellfish. I do eat some powdered milk, ice cream, and 1% milk occasionally. There's really no need to ever eat muscle meats, unless just for taste occasionally. Besides balancing the tryptophan/glycine ratios, i'd just make sure your fiber is on the lower side as well. Fiber can irritate the gut which triggers serotonin production. Theanine will boost dopamine and GABA while antagonizing serotonin at the same time, so you might find this one to be particularly useful in your case (GABA is important for sleep). 400-600mgs of theanine a day is about the sweet spot.

OP
Spartan300

Spartan300

Serotonin reduction is not something I've focused on but may have influenced at times by accident. In support of what is these days somewhat compromised lifting I swapped whey for casein powder a while back. Fibre is not something I've looked into much but will do as I'm at my worst when I feel bloated or having stomach issues.

I'll include more cheese & review my meal protein sources as I think I've done better at times with less meat & more fish/liver.

Appreciate the help.

Some people are better off with T3 primarily Your body converts T into rT3 lowering temperatures. I would use T3 and get reliable temp increases then add some T4.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals