What Do You Know About Succinic Acid

squanch

Peat mentioned heavy metal chelation with "succinic acid as the sodium or
magnesium salt (sodium or magnesium succinate)" a while back:
DMSA and DMPS Toxic?

I bought some magnesium succinate when I first read about it, but never actually tried it.

moringa

should magnesium succinate be taken on empty stomach or with food or it does not matter, for chelation?

can be taken for ''forever'' to flush out metals, as we are polluted with metals non-stop... or it should be cycled??

Regina

While I certainly do not want to suggest supplementing succinic acid, I will note two things:
1. I had a very distinct positive switch in ability to handle huge amounts of sugar/fructose (stomach stayed flat, I finally started to lose some weight and felt energized by can of OJ concentrate).
2. I seem to have lost all my iron. :???:
This is just speculation. What if it was like the scene in the movie Flight (highly recommended!) where Denzel flips the plane over. No, it is not in the flight manual, but it worked.
Dicholine salt of succinic acid, a neuronal insulin sensitizer, ameliorates cognitive deficits in rodent models of normal aging, chronic cerebral hypoperfusion, and beta-amyloid peptide-(25–35)-induced amnesia

moringa

While I certainly do not want to suggest supplementing succinic acid, I will note two things:
1. I had a very distinct positive switch in ability to handle huge amounts of sugar/fructose (stomach stayed flat, I finally started to lose some weight and felt energized by can of OJ concentrate).
2. I seem to have lost all my iron. :???:
This is just speculation. What if it was like the scene in the movie Flight (highly recommended!) where Denzel flips the plane over. No, it is not in the flight manual, but it worked.
Dicholine salt of succinic acid, a neuronal insulin sensitizer, ameliorates cognitive deficits in rodent models of normal aging, chronic cerebral hypoperfusion, and beta-amyloid peptide-(25–35)-induced amnesia

which product you took, how much per day, how many times per day, and when you took ur doses in relation to meals/food?

Regina

which product you took, how much per day, how many times per day, and when you took ur doses in relation to meals/food?
I do want to remind that Haidut said aspirin and vitamin E are a safe way to chelate iron.
I have no idea about the safety of succinic acid.
I took two of these capsules daily away from food for 6 weeks.

Rivka

Could doxylamine succinate be used for the same purpose as it has succinic acid it?

Mossy

Peat mentioned heavy metal chelation with "succinic acid as the sodium or
magnesium salt (sodium or magnesium succinate)" a while back:

I do want to remind that Haidut said aspirin and vitamin E are a safe way to chelate iron.
I have no idea about the safety of succinic acid.

Interesting, because if I understand correctly, Dry E is succinic acid combined with vitamin E -- so, maybe a great combination for chelation. Just a thought.

SOMO

Interesting, because if I understand correctly, Dry E is succinic acid combined with vitamin E -- so, maybe a great combination for chelation. Just a thought.

I'm also wondering about Succinate, and am also interested in the same Dry E (powdered Vitamin E) product.

RP said not all the forms of Vit E are anti-estrogenic.
I wonder of all of the forms of E are PUFA-stabilizing or just the tocopherols, because if Tocopherol Acetate or Tocopheryl Succinate are not anti-PUFA and anti-estrogenic, what is the point of taking them?
As a general antioxidant? Plenty of less expensive antioxidants.

Can anyone vouch for Dry Vit E? This is the product I am considering.
https://www.amazon.com/NOW-Vitamin-...OCH4/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1

or

https://www.amazon.com/Solgar-Tocop...1m1su7IpQL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch&th=1

Last edited:

Mossy

I'm also wondering about Succinate, and am also interested in the same Dry E (powdered Vitamin E) product.

I wonder of all of the forms of E are PUFA-stabilizing or just the tocopherols, because if Tocopherol Acetate or Tocopheryl Succinate are not anti-PUFA and anti-estrogenic, what is the point of taking them?

https://www.amazon.com/NOW-Vitamin-...OCH4/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1

or

https://www.amazon.com/Solgar-Tocopheryl-Succinate-Vegetable-Capsules/dp/B000RZLS5E/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1524876646&sr=8-3&keywords=solgar+dry+e&dpID=51m1su7IpQL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch&th=1
I do know IdeaLabs TocoVit is touted as being anti-estrogen and discussed as one of the highest quality vitamin e’s available. It’s suppossed to be similar to original wheat germ derived vitamin e, if I’m remebering my facts correctly. If you search out TocoVit, you’ll find the product thread, as well as many others.

The user Travis has contributed extensively in a thread that focuses on y-tocopherol as an optimal vitamin e, based on his reasearch and analysis. Within that thread, he provides a link to a product he feels meets this pro y-tocopherol criteria.

I actually own and occassionally use that Now Dry E you’ve linked; I can’t speak to the quality of it, and any proven anti-estrogen attributes, but it doesn’t cause me any reactions other than what other vitamin e’s do, which I would attribute to the blood thinning.

Spondive

or

https://www.amazon.com/Solgar-Tocopheryl-Succinate-Vegetable-Capsules/dp/B000RZLS5E/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1524876646&sr=8-3&keywords=solgar+dry+e&dpID=51m1su7IpQL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch&th=1

I take 800 iu of vitamin E Succinate and it normalized my elevated liver enzymes

Spondive

Can you tell us some details. This is very helpful.

I have had mildly elevated liver enzymes for the first time starting in 2012 and tried almost everything to get them to normal nothing worked... I have a fatty liver by ultrasound with no evidence of fibrosis or cirrhosis. I tried other vitamin E products without any lowering of enzymes and also they would desturb the gut so after reading about the posts on succinic acid I desided to try the dry E for the hell of it.. the studies even in the mainstream show that 800 iu of vitamin E helps with fatty liver and particularly with NASH and low and behold my last 2 blood tests showed liver enzymes in the normal range on last 2 blood tests.

Also most ther causes of elevated liver enzymes have been ruled out like autoimmune causes and hepatitis markers etc

LeeLemonoil

It would not be impossible that succinc acid alone is the agent that normalized the enzymes.

Or maybe the Vit E gets shuttled into the mitochondria of the liver due to succinate-esterification and normalizes metabolism there

OP
ecstatichamster
I have had mildly elevated liver enzymes for the first time starting in 2012 and tried almost everything to get them to normal nothing worked... I have a fatty liver by ultrasound with no evidence of fibrosis or cirrhosis. I tried other vitamin E products without any lowering of enzymes and also they would desturb the gut so after reading about the posts on succinic acid I desided to try the dry E for the hell of it.. the studies even in the mainstream show that 800 iu of vitamin E helps with fatty liver and particularly with NASH and low and behold my last 2 blood tests showed liver enzymes in the normal range on last 2 blood tests.

Also most ther causes of elevated liver enzymes have been ruled out like autoimmune causes and hepatitis markers etc

so 800 units of dry E lowered enzymes...very interesting. What brand did you use?

Spondive

It would not be impossible that succinc acid alone is the agent that normalized the enzymes.

Or maybe the Vit E gets shuttled into the mitochondria of the liver due to succinate-esterification and normalizes metabolism there

Yes that is what maybe the case.. also my blood sugars would be slightly elevated above 100 fasting and now they are in the 85-90 range