Watermelon Too Watery?

InChristAlone

Yesterday I went for about a 20 minute walk, it was 84 degrees and I was sweating by the end. Felt a bit dehydrated and low blood sugar so I ate some cold watermelon. Well pretty quickly I was feeling really bad, felt like a panic attack coming on which I was able to just sit through, but I had that brain anxiety for the rest of the evening, ice cream and cypro only helped a little. I thought maybe I needed salt (though I did have a fast food burger for lunch) so I had some salty water and went to bed. Woke up at 3 am feeling pretty bad, this is an old symptom that I thought was mostly gone. So either I had a major blood sugar drop after the walk or I just can't handle watermelon (I also had frequent urination which I rarely have unless I'm eating watery fruit).

I want to enjoy 'healthy foods' but it seems like my body doesn't. Putting salt on the melon seems to make it more tolerable, but had I just drank some coke I don't think I would have felt panicky. And maybe this is why I gravitate towards a Matt Stone approach.

Anyone else need more concentrated foods?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Anyone else need more concentrated foods?
I was like that until about a year ago. Now I only have that issue if I drink about 16 oz of plain water without food while I'm at work. If I have one small packet of salt with the water I do fine though.

theLaw

I think that the fiber from Watermelon can be an issue for some people, and cause endotoxin.

For me, the need for more concentrated foods was rectified by adding Thyroid (Tyromix). My basic calculation was if I can eat a ton of mixed carbs (fructose/sucrose), and still feel stressed, then the food wasn't the problem.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

I can eat tons of other carbs. Soda, pasta, bread, grape juice, potatoes and not get the same effect at all. But I ended up doing a coffee enema and taking niacinamide and feeling much better, back to myself.

I probably am a bit hypothyroid, but don't want to go on replacement.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I can eat tons of other carbs. Soda, pasta, bread, grape juice, potatoes and not get the same effect at all. But I ended up doing a coffee enema and taking niacinamide and feeling much better, back to myself.

I probably am a bit hypothyroid, but don't want to go on replacement.
So do you think it was endotoxin related?

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

So do you think it was endotoxin related?
Yeah seems like it. Hard to say really. I just do what my gut is telling me.

*TMI* what comes out with coffee enemas is gross. I probably have mucoid plaque harboring lots of biofilm and pathogens. I don't think it's rope worms like some suggest. It's just really nasty stuff that doesn't come out with regular bowel movements.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yeah seems like it. Hard to say really. I just do what my gut is telling me.

*TMI* what comes out with coffee enemas is gross. I probably have mucoid plaque harboring lots of biofilm and pathogens. I don't think it's rope worms like some suggest. It's just really nasty stuff that doesn't come out with regular bowel movements.
Gosh, I'm sorry to hear that but I'm glad you have figured out what helps you feel better.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

RobertJM

I'm the same. I wish I could handle fruits. I don't even bother with the fruit isle anymore. Keep the gut happy. That's my motto.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Yeah melons used to be my favorite I ate one big watermelon a week in the last couple months of my 2nd pregnancy. I could NOT get enough of it. Huge craving. Now I don't crave much of anything (besides chocolate at times!).

D

danishispsychic

Was your watermelon ripe ripe? That reaction happens to me fruit that is not ripe ripe super ripe.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Here is some good info on watermelon, and how to select one when shopping.

I learned quite a lot about watermelons since I used to eat a lot of it, plus I've grown melons. The ones in the store will almost always be seedless with the immature white seeds. They are hydrids. The one I chose this week had no cracks and was pretty ripe, though could have been sweeter.

smith

How would you detox something like chlorfenuron, or does optimal diet just let the body take care of things like that over time?

MoonDay

I ate watermelon for about a month and i have decided not to eat it anymore due to almost diarrhea. sorry TMI but the thickness of my stool was like greek yogurt and sometimes thinner but i read that it is a good fruit to consume if you have LPR but not working for me. i don't know what to eat now as fruit since watermelon was one of the few less acidic fruits.

tara

I ate watermelon for about a month and i have decided not to eat it anymore due to almost diarrhea. sorry TMI but the thickness of my stool was like greek yogurt and sometimes thinner but i read that it is a good fruit to consume if you have LPR but not working for me. i don't know what to eat now as fruit since watermelon was one of the few less acidic fruits.
What about other melons? I'm not so fussed on watermelons, but rock melons and honeydews see to make me feel good.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals