haidut

Forum Supporter
Quite a few people have been asking on the forum and via email about interventions for age-related cataracts. Here are some links below. The type of vitamin E used in all studies was alpha-tocopherol and the dose varied from 12mg/day all the way up to HED of 15mg/kg daily for the rodent model studies. The effect was dose dependent in both animal and human trials but anything over 150mg daily for humans was highly effective.

https://www.researchgate.net/public..._risk_of_age-related_cataract_A_meta-analysis
Methodology of the VECAT study: vitamin E intervention in cataract and age-related maculopathy. - PubMed - NCBI
Vitamin E can protect against ultraviolet radiation-induced cataract in albino rats. - PubMed - NCBI
Dose-response relationship for α-tocopherol prevention of ultraviolet radiation induced cataract in rat. - PubMed - NCBI
High Vitamin E Cuts Cataract Risk By Half

"...A study using experimental animals found that vitamin E — as alpha-tocopherol, the most common form sold — protected the animals from radiation-induced cataracts. In a human study, 175 people with cataracts were compared to 175 without cataracts, and researchers found that those with the highest vitamin E blood levels had a 50 percent lower risk of developing a cataract. The Vitamin E and Cataract Prevention Study (VECAT) was a randomized trial that examined healthy volunteers ages 55 to 80 over a four-year period after being given either vitamin E or a placebo."

"...In a long-term study of 764 people, scientists reported a 30 percent reduction in lens clouding in subjects who took a daily multiple vitamin, along with a 57 percent reduction in regular users of vitamin E and a 42 percent reduction in those with high levels of vitamin E in their plasma. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant and raises the glutathione level in the lens. The recommended dose is 500 IU a day as a mixed tocopherol (natural vitamin E)."

Mitchell777

Quite a few people have been asking on the forum and via email about interventions for age-related cataracts. Here are some links below. The type of vitamin E used in all studies was alpha-tocopherol and the dose varied from 12mg/day all the way up to HED of 15mg/kg daily for the rodent model studies. The effect was dose dependent in both animal and human trials but anything over 150mg daily for humans was highly effective.

https://www.researchgate.net/public..._risk_of_age-related_cataract_A_meta-analysis
Methodology of the VECAT study: vitamin E intervention in cataract and age-related maculopathy. - PubMed - NCBI
Vitamin E can protect against ultraviolet radiation-induced cataract in albino rats. - PubMed - NCBI
Dose-response relationship for α-tocopherol prevention of ultraviolet radiation induced cataract in rat. - PubMed - NCBI
High Vitamin E Cuts Cataract Risk By Half

"...A study using experimental animals found that vitamin E — as alpha-tocopherol, the most common form sold — protected the animals from radiation-induced cataracts. In a human study, 175 people with cataracts were compared to 175 without cataracts, and researchers found that those with the highest vitamin E blood levels had a 50 percent lower risk of developing a cataract. The Vitamin E and Cataract Prevention Study (VECAT) was a randomized trial that examined healthy volunteers ages 55 to 80 over a four-year period after being given either vitamin E or a placebo."

"...In a long-term study of 764 people, scientists reported a 30 percent reduction in lens clouding in subjects who took a daily multiple vitamin, along with a 57 percent reduction in regular users of vitamin E and a 42 percent reduction in those with high levels of vitamin E in their plasma. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant and raises the glutathione level in the lens. The recommended dose is 500 IU a day as a mixed tocopherol (natural vitamin E)."
I’d like to share results my grandmother found, who is 77 and has been using Vitamin E (TocoVit) on a daily basis, who had been told 4 months prior that she had a developing cataract, however the optician decided not to advise to have the cataract operation due to the size of the cataract being small. So at the time he deemed it unnecessary. However the point is my grandmother did have some sort of cataract development.

Upon her most recent visit to the optician, he couldn’t believe after doing eye tests and looking into the eye that not only has the cataract completely gone, but her overall vision has improved. My grandmother actually does not need reading glasses anymore which is amazing. What’s more amazing is that via objective, optician measured tests her vision had improved.

I just wanted to share this information for anyone who was interested in the use of vitamin E in relation to eye health and cataracts specifically.

Thank you Georgi for posting the above studies.

oxphoser

I’d like to share results my grandmother found, who is 77 and has been using Vitamin E (TocoVit) on a daily basis, who had been told 4 months prior that she had a developing cataract, however the optician decided not to advise to have the cataract operation due to the size of the cataract being small. So at the time he deemed it unnecessary. However the point is my grandmother did have some sort of cataract development.

Upon her most recent visit to the optician, he couldn’t believe after doing eye tests and looking into the eye that not only has the cataract completely gone, but her overall vision has improved. My grandmother actually does not need reading glasses anymore which is amazing. What’s more amazing is that via objective, optician measured tests her vision had improved.

I just wanted to share this information for anyone who was interested in the use of vitamin E in relation to eye health and cataracts specifically.

Thank you Georgi for posting the above studies

How much vitamin E was she taking? The reason I ask is that I know someone with a small cataract like this.

DonKeebat

Ha... I recently noticed that my night vision improved. When driving at dark, I just see noticeably better and oncoming lights also bother me way less. I was wondering why... Started taking "DeltaGold Annatto" Tocotrienols 300mg every other day about 2 month ago. This just an anecdote of course.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals