Vitamin D Is As Bad In Excess As It Is In Deficiency

Vitamin D has longer than expected half-life: Tests may not show true 'plateau'

The half-life of Vitamin D is hella long. Its about getting proper exposure in the warm months; so that you have adequate amounts during the cold months. Taking Vitamin D is not healthy. Stress seems to be the main agent of vitamin D depletion. It's not about taking it. It's about keeping it.

When I saw studies like this, I started to really seem through the scam that is supplementation. Same goes for fish oil, multivitamins, and probiotics. Complete waste of money with no studies to back them.

raypeatclips

D3 has been nothing but a blessing to me. 110 ng/ml was the highest I recorded and didn't sense any side effects. Years back, when I was deficient, it was one respiratory infection after another ...

BTW, some MS patients are achieving remission with mega high doses of D3.

Do you do oral or topical? What doses?

raypeatclips

Vitamin D has longer than expected half-life: Tests may not show true 'plateau'

The half-life of Vitamin D is hella long. Its about getting proper exposure in the warm months; so that you have adequate amounts during the cold months. Taking Vitamin D is not healthy. Stress seems to be the main agent of vitamin D depletion. It's not about taking it. It's about keeping it.

When I saw studies like this, I started to really seem through the scam that is supplementation. Same goes for fish oil, multivitamins, and probiotics. Complete waste of money with no studies to back them.

Of course proper exposure in summer months would be ideal but that is far too general a statement. Some people don't live in a sunny country, work during the day, and would find it impossible to get adequate sun exposure without drastic change to their lives.

@raypeatclips, my mind is boggled by your statement. I'm too general? So people in "non-sunny" countries haven't thrived for generations without D3 supplementation? You're justifying supplementation because people "work during the day"? Yeah, health requires drastic changes. That's the reality. Anyone who advocates for supplementation is making weak justifications for their stressful/indoor/disconnected life filled with blue light and EMFs.

There are a ton of people on here who don't get light on their eyes in the morning/noon (even cloudy light), don't exercise, are absorbed in their electronic devices, work in dark offices, have zero circadian health; and are confused when RP's advice doesn't work. I remember Such Saturation posting an excellent article on poor circadian health and gut permeability issues. And you wonder why you can't absorb any supplement? Life hasn't changed that much over the generations; stress has. And it can be implicated in all nutrient/mineral depletion scenarios.

Swedes, who have very, very short, cold winter days in these half-life studies show that summer vitamin D exposure carries them through the winter until the spring when the sun reappears. That's the reality. It makes logical/intuitive sense. How can you explain the excellent health of northern latitude populations when supplementation wasn't even an option? People get what they deserve. You have to make change possible. And it generally doesn't involve cost. Vitamin D, like all supplements, are synthetic crap with no consistent studies backing them. Any substance taken chronically is not good for the body. The body is strengthened in a hormesis paradigm.

raypeatclips

@raypeatclips, my mind is boggled by your statement. I'm too general? So people in "non-sunny" countries haven't thrived for generations without D3 supplementation? You're justifying supplementation because people "work during the day"? Yeah, health requires drastic changes. That's the reality. Anyone who advocates for supplementation is making weak justifications for their stressful/indoor/disconnected life filled with blue light and EMFs.

There are a ton of people on here who don't get light on their eyes in the morning/noon (even cloudy light), don't exercise, are absorbed in their electronic devices, work in dark offices, have zero circadian health; and are confused when RP's advice doesn't work. I remember Such Saturation posting an excellent article on poor circadian health and gut permeability issues. And you wonder why you can't absorb any supplement? Life hasn't changed that much over the generations; stress has. And it can be implicated in all nutrient/mineral depletion scenarios.

I am not convinced by the arguments against D3 supplementation, such as the ones made by Marshall. I am not sure if people have thrived or not in non-sunny countries, compared to people in the modern day, that seems a very general statement that is impossible to prove or disprove. The world has changed though, and I think you then have to react to changes in the world the best you can (i.e. well paying, stable jobs being indoors, supplement D3 and red light to try counter that.) Do you have any proof that past generations were thriving? Many in past generations died young etc.

I see your profile picture is linking to a native wellness website, are you one of these people that wants to go back to the past, and to what your ancestors did, and that the old ways were best?

Last edited:

raypeatclips

Swedes, who have very, very short, cold winter days in these half-life studies show that summer vitamin D exposure carries them through the winter until the spring when the sun reappears. That's the reality. It makes logical/intuitive sense. How can you explain the excellent health of northern latitude populations when supplementation wasn't even an option? People get what they deserve. You have to make change possible. And it generally doesn't involve cost. Vitamin D, like all supplements, are synthetic crap with no consistent studies backing them. Any substance taken chronically is not good for the body. The body is strengthened in a hormesis paradigm.

Do you actually have a link to those studies? I would be interested in reading them, not just being a ****, but its useful when people to link studies they speak about.

I'm wondering how you form your conclusion the Swedish are in such good health? According to this website Sweden has the highest osteoporosis rate of the Scandinavian countries.

About Osteoporosis - Artikelarkiv om MSM - MSM Original

Also, there is a huge, huge number of positive vitamin D studies available freely. Have you seen them? It is one of the most studied substances around at the moment. How can you say there are no consistent studies?

Last edited:

Evgenius

I think eating vitamin D rich food in the winter probably is a factor in those northern countries too.

there isn't any study that I could put in front of you that would change your mind. chris masterjohn has written extensively about vitamin D and every known vitamin D study. He wasn't convinced of the propaganda. in the biggest known vitamin D study (n=1.2 million), healthy biomarkers were shown in those with average D levels as low as 20 ng/mL. yet the vitamin D council pushes for levels over 50? please. do uncivilized cultures die early? yeah, absolutely. do populations without high infant mortality statistics live longer?, yep. has quality of life improved for us longer lived humans? haven't seen any good evidence for that especially when I look around and see very few healthy people, even in an affluent Whole Foods store.

HDD

J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2016 Dec 21. pii: S0960-0760(16)30356-9.

Results of daily oral dosing with up to 60,000 international units (iu) of vitamin D3 for 2 to 6 years in 3 adult males.
McCullough P1, Amend J2.
In the 1930's and 1940's, vitamin D was reported to be an effective treatment for a number of diseases, including asthma, psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, rickets and tuberculosis. High doses were used, 60,000 to 300,000 IU a day for asthma, and 200,000 to 600,000 IU a day for rheumatoid arthritis. Toxicity from hypercalcemia occurred after prolonged oral dosing with these supraphysiologic doses. Assays for measuring vitamin D in the blood were not available, and blood levels of vitamin D associated with hypercalcemia were unknown. A 2011 report on vitamin D toxicity showed that hypercalcemia resolved when 25-hydroxyvitamin D (25OHD) blood levels dropped below 400ng/ml in 2 patients with blood levels ranging from 645ng/ml to 1220ng/ml after accidental ingestion of massive doses of vitamin D. We now know that vitamin D is made in the skin in amounts ranging up to 25,000 IU a day with exposure to UVB radiation. There is little data on the safety and blood levels of 25OHD and calcium after prolonged daily intake of amounts of vitamin D in this range. In this report, one subject took increasing daily doses of vitamin D3 for 6 years starting in April 2009: 6500 IU for 6 months; increasing to 10,000 IU for 13 months; 20,000 IU for 24 months; 40,000 IU for 12 months; 50,000 IU for 10 months, and 60,000 IU since October 2014. 25OHD blood levels were 28, 81, 204, 216, 225, 166, and 218ng/ml. Subject 2 began 10,000 IU in Nov 2011, increased to 20,000 IU in Feb 2014, 25,000 IU in June 2014, and 30,000 IU in Oct 2014, and then decreased to 20,000 IU in June 2015. 25OHD blood levels were 96.6, 161.1 and 106.9ng/ml. He reported marked clinical improvement in his asthma. Subject 3 started on daily 10,000 IU in Sept 2013, increasing to 20,000 IU on Nov 2013. 25OHD blood levels were 31.4, 102, 164, 148, and 143ng/ml. No one developed hypercalcemia or any adverse events. The major finding of this case series is prolonged daily dosing of vitamin D3 with doses of 10,000 to 60,000 IU was safely tolerated.

BrianF

Most Nordic populations have a history of supplementing with Cod Liver Oil. The Icelanders and Norwegians specifically.

@HDD, 3 subject study? That isn't a study. To each their own. If you feel y0ur body is absorbing a supplement than it is. Under stress situations, your body has every reason to not absorb something. If I take even the smallest doses of numerous types of vitamin D (with vitamin A/K2, with/without saturated fat/Ca/Mg), I get painful joints. Again, throw out the studies and ask, "Am I getting the benefits from X supplement?" I can see both sides of the supplement debate, however I see charlatans pushing their snake oil to massive public profits with marginal health benefits.

HDD

RP:
Several of the conditions that are well associated with vitamin D deficiency, some of them have doubled and tripled in the last 20 or 30 years. It looks like it's because of that fear of the sunlight, sunscreen and such. I have talked to a few people who had 10 or below ng/ml or 15 or 20, and their condition really corresponded to how low they were. Like one woman in her 60s, such she was so weak, she could hardly walk. Her muscles were simply very, very weak and shrunken. And she had, I think it was 7 or 8 ng/ml, and within a week of taking just a moderate [amount], I think it was 5,000 units a day, she could walk around. When you look at the symptoms of people with 15 ng/ml, 20, 25 and so on, you can see variations of that weakness, depression, shrinking muscles, insensitivity to insulin, tendency to have high blood sugar: all of the most common diseases of stress and aging.
Vitamin D - KMUD, 2016-11-18

@Colin Nordstrom
Were you supplementing vitamin D because you had a deficiency? I wouldn't consider the health benefits marginal.

I was supplementing based on a recommendation by Vitamin D guru Michael Holick. Not a deficiency, psoriasis. But how do you know that low vitamin D is the consequence, not the cause of poor health/stress. You don't. Rule #1 in science: Correlation does not prove causation. Don't fall in love with any theory. There are so many factors that play into poor health and low vitamin d status. My suggestion: get morning/noon sun to activate your circadian/hypothalamic/parasympathetic system; and provide what your engine needs: sun, fresh water, earth (ground your feet), fuel in an RP fashion, maintain a good O2/CO2 balance with exercise, and sleep. Do that and I challenge you to rethink the supplement dogma.

raypeatclips

there isn't any study that I could put in front of you that would change your mind. chris masterjohn has written extensively about vitamin D and every known vitamin D study. He wasn't convinced of the propaganda. in the biggest known vitamin D study (n=1.2 million), healthy biomarkers were shown in those with average D levels as low as 20 ng/mL. yet the vitamin D council pushes for levels over 50? please. do uncivilized cultures die early? yeah, absolutely. do populations without high infant mortality statistics live longer?, yep. has quality of life improved for us longer lived humans? haven't seen any good evidence for that especially when I look around and see very few healthy people, even in an affluent Whole Foods store.

Of course a study could change my mind, that is just laziness on your part. Once again, do you have a link to that study of 1.2 million people? Or any of the studies you talk about?

raypeatclips

Again, throw out the studies and ask, "Am I getting the benefits from X supplement?"

I completely, fully agree with you on this point. The studies are useful to help gauge what supplements are potentially beneficial though.

I see charlatans pushing their snake oil to massive public profits with marginal health benefits.

I have never understood this line of argument for vitamin D. For other supplements, of course. But vitamin D sells for absolutely pennies, and the studies are overwhelmingly positive.

I created this years ago.

Attachments

• djsmwhc_21dgn67wdv_b.gif
    djsmwhc_21dgn67wdv_b.gif
    37.1 KB · Views: 74
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals