VIT A, E, D, K, K2 - In Doubt, Pls, What Dosages Do You Guys Use?

No_Energy

Hi everyone,

I'm still in doubt about dosages, What are common dosages to suplemment Vitamin A, E, D, k, k2 ?

Thanks.

OP
No_Energy

No_Energy

Raypeatclips, thanks. Well I understand diet, individual biology, etc, will differ. Just more in general, and, supposing one has no deficiencies. Try to get an idea by hearing what you guys have been doing, protocols, etc. Yeah I checked Estroban, seems like a safe dosage. I read some posts where people seem to go quite higher. My brief perception is that it is a bit o muddy water, lots of studies on positive effects of the vitamins, but also some studies showing negative effects of supplementing. I suppose in this case I would play with safe dosages. It seems it is also important to understand how they balance with each other, and how one tend to deplete others. I hope to understand this better, maybe someone could post a short scheme of how they relate to each other in this manner.

Last edited:

ddjd

A , d and k2 go together. With Magnesium.

But you can't mix E with K. You should take seperately.

OP
No_Energy

No_Energy

Thanks guys, that's very helpful info. I was planning on starting A,D,E,K2, k , but, I was doubtful specially about supplementing Vit K since what I hear most is about its benefits/effects in blood clotting and I didn't like the idea of having thick blood (maybe I'm just being silly) or maybe it is a matter, again, of knowing if and exactly how much to add. I only get some 27mcg K from a Multivitamin. I don't know what is a good daily dosage of K. Or If the k2 I'm going to add should suffice. I hear you say you should not take K along E, now that's confusing, wouldn't the anti-clotting effects of E go well to balance the pro clotting effects of K? (What is the logic for not taking them together? I couldn't find Peat's reference to this) . Also you mean you shouldn't take them together "at all" or you mean take separetely as in "different time of the day".
With regards to vitamin A and E , I already get the 5000iu A and 65iu E from a multivitamin (RDA E is only 22.5iu) , but I wonder if you get the full dose from these packed together vitamins, or if one don't really get much benefit from that and should consider adding A and E separetely.

Last edited:
OP
No_Energy

No_Energy

Start with:

A-2500IU
D-2000IU
E-50IU
K-100mcg

Thanks B-styles. If that's all one needs, I should be covered solely with the multivitamin pills. (unless absorbtion is not that good with these regular multiv pills with everything packed together. Idk..)

managing

Thanks B-styles. If that's all one needs, I should be covered solely with the multivitamin pills. (unless absorbtion is not that good with these regular multiv pills with everything packed together. Idk..)
Generally speaking "multivitamins" are low quality, have lots of nasty excipients and extra ingredients you don't want (like Iron, folate, etc.)

B-styles

Thats a maintaining dosage for people without any deficiency of one of these vitamins. You won't see big results in such dosages.
That's why I said 'Start with.' Anytime you experiment with something new it's a good idea to start low and slowly increase

B-styles

I
I'd stay away from multivitamins. Poor quality