TyroMix - Liquid T3/T4 Mix For Lab/R&D

TripleOG

I think Ray has said you don't absorb enough topically.

What made you dose 3 times per day? I think most people take t3/t4 combos all at once, usually at night or sometimes in morning.

What was Ray responding to when/if he said that? Most of the comments I've read/heard from Peat regarding topical administration are for coconut/MCT/olive oils with and without vitamin E. I'm not sure if Ray's comments apply to SFA esters. I'm also aware he said NDT doesn't activate topically. TyroMix is synthetic.

As for the dosing, I came to that conclusion after following the successful trends in the thread. Appears to be dictated by the amount of T3 you get per drop. It's my understanding too much T3 at once is counterproductive. So 3 drops at once, whether oral or topical, may be too much?

cyclops

What was Ray responding to when/if he said that? Most of the comments I've read/heard from Peat regarding topical administration are for coconut/MCT/olive oils with and without vitamin E. I'm not sure if Ray's comments apply to SFA esters.

As for the dosing, I came to that conclusion after following the successful trends in the thread. Appears to be dictated by the amount of T3 you get per drop. It's my understanding too much T3 at once is counterproductive. So 3 drops at once, whether oral or topical, may be too much?

I think Ray was talking specifically about thyroid medication, saying oral is better for that.

Oh, I did not read the whole thread, but it always seems to me that most take t3/t4 med all at once. I had similar thoughts about too much t3 at once, maybe the t4 has something to do with it. For instance I've heard many nibble on cynomel throughout day and then take a quarter or half tab of cyoplus at night.

TripleOG

I think Ray was talking specifically about thyroid medication, saying oral is better for that.

Oh, I did not read the whole thread, but it always seems to me that most take t3/t4 med all at once. I had similar thoughts about too much t3 at once, maybe the t4 has something to do with it. For instance I've heard many nibble on cynomel throughout day and then take a quarter or half tab of cyoplus at night.

I know NDT doesn't absorb/activate topically. Can't remember if that was Ray's comment or not. It's somewhere in the TyroMax thread. Not sure about synthetic thyroid, though, especially after the topical testimonials in here. I'll give it some more time with increased dosage and a follow up test to see if it's worth it for my rat. I'll trial oral administration after. With Cynoplus going M.I.A. again, I was hoping I could depend on this for an easy source.

Cynoplus has a high T4:T3 ratio that favors single big doses. Getting 30-60mcg T4 is only accompanied with 7.5-15mcg T3. With TyroMix, 30-60mcg T4 comes with 15-30mcg T3. Seems like a lot of T3 to dose at one time lol.

cyclops

I know NDT doesn't absorb/activate topically. Can't remember if that was Ray's comment or not. It's somewhere in the TyroMax thread. Not sure about synthetic thyroid, though, especially after the topical testimonials in here. I'll give it some more time with increased dosage and a follow up test to see if it's worth it for my rat. I'll trial oral administration after. With Cynoplus going M.I.A. again, I was hoping I could depend on this for an easy source.

Cynoplus has a high T4:T3 ratio that favors single big doses. Getting 30-60mcg T4 is only accompanied with 7.5-15mcg T3. With TyroMix, 30-60mcg T4 comes with 15-30mcg T3. Seems like a lot of T3 to dose at one time lol.

Oh ok maybe its just NDT then.

I know that tyromix has double the t3 compared to cynoplus. But still 7.5-15mg of t3 seems like "big dose" that many would not recommend who purposely nibble on cynomel during the day, but then they seem to do ok with the relatively larger dose of t3 in cynoplus at night. I always wondered about this.

TripleOG

Oh ok maybe its just NDT then.

I know that tyromix has double the t3 compared to cynoplus. But still 7.5-15mg of t3 seems like "big dose" that many would not recommend who purposely nibble on cynomel during the day, but then they seem to do ok with the relatively larger dose of t3 in cynoplus at night. I always wondered about this.

Just noticed your posts from earlier this year. How is your current experience with TyroMix? Still using the old DMSO version? Did you find a working dose with oral SFA?

cyclops

Just noticed your posts from earlier this year. How is your current experience with TyroMix? Still using the old DMSO version? Did you find a working dose with oral SFA?

The new SFA version did not seem to have any effect, so it was discontinued.

Dan010101

Is latest Tyromix DMSO? and anyone got any results from it? I tried Tyromix and got absolutely 0 reaction from it last year, think it was SFA version iirc.

Wayne J

Question:

The Rat is getting 1 grain of Nature-Throid NDT.
Last lab results were
T3, free - 3.15 on a range of 2.18-3.98 pg/Ml
Free T4 - .93 on a range of .76-1.46 ng/dL
TSH 2.330 on a range of .4 - 5.140

If giving him tyromix as a supplement to him, where should I start? ie, how many drops topically?
Or just take him off the NDT and go straight Tyromix? and at what dosage?

Thanks!

ebs

I've never experimented with thyroid supplements before but now I want to give it a try.

In what situation would this one be preferable over Tyromax? From earlier posts I understand people getting better results with this one?

@haidut and others

Wayne J

Figured I would stay with the prescription for the Rat and supplement a little for the additional T4/T3 to balance out the labs.

Does anyone know for sure if you need to shake TyroMix before using it? It's alcohol based and seems really thin so I would assume not.

My rat has been using a little bit everyday for a month now and he really digs it.

theLaw

I'm in the middle of testing Tyromix using the Broda Barnes thyroid protocol right now, but I just wanted to post that I've found it to be much more effective orally than topically, and it also took about 2 weeks to see a significant difference.

I'll post more when I'm at high stable temps.

Dan010101

I'm in the middle of testing Tyromix using the Broda Barnes thyroid protocol right now, but I just wanted to post that I've found it to be much more effective orally than topically, and it also took about 2 weeks to see a significant difference.

I'll post more when I'm at high stable temps.

What's his protocol? Tried searching on google, couldn't find it.

theLaw

What's his protocol? Tried searching on google, couldn't find it.

It's pretty simple. Just start with a minimum dose ( I think the suggestion is 1/4 grain) for a full 2 weeks taking it throughout the day. I started with 4 drops of Tyromix.

Then take temps/pulse an hour after, and only add another minimum dose every 2 weeks.

Repeat until temps/pulse are steady with minimum dose.

I had a strange experience where several minor health issues disappeared 2 weeks into the first min dose, even after days of little-to-no clear reactions, so there appears to be something to this method.

It should be noted that Barnes suggests measuring temps with a thermometer under the arm for 10min, which is a bridge too far for me. I just use a regular thermometer orally.

I've also noticed if I run out in the middle of the night, and stress begins, so I take a dose before bed with plenty of food (ice cream right now).

Dan010101

It's pretty simple. Just start with a minimum dose ( I think the suggestion is 1/4 grain) for a full 2 weeks taking it throughout the day. I started with 4 drops of Tyromix.

Then take temps/pulse an hour after, and only add another minimum dose every 2 weeks.

I had a strange experience where several minor health issues disappeared 2 weeks into the first min dose, even after days of little-to-no clear reactions, so there appears to be something to this method.

It should be noted that Barnes suggests measuring temps with a thermometer under the arm for 10min, which is a bridge too far for me. I just use a regular thermometer orally.

I've also noticed if I run out in the middle of the night, and stress begins, so I take a dose before bed with plenty of food (ice cream right now).

Great, thanks mate will give that a try!

tomisonbottom

I would not use it if you don't feel good on it. Like @Waynish said, some people cannot use thyroid. I am one of them in the sense that I cannot use thyroid on a regular basis as the dose in the long run always gets me. It works great for occasional issues though.

Can you explain what you mean by "always gets me"

EIRE24

Would it be normal to feel a huge difference in mood and pulse/temps with only one drop? I ate some lamb liver and beef with some white rice and took a drop of tyromix rubbed into my wrist. I feel like I've woken up from about 5 years sleep. I'm sharp and alert but wondering is it due to adrenaline or not?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Can you explain what you mean by "always gets me"

I meant that after a few days of a specific dose I always get either excessive hyper or hypo symptoms and they intensify so I have to stop the thyroid. And have tried all sorts of doses and regimens. So, consistent use of thyroid just does not work for me, but occasional use to handle stress or boost immune system in the winter months seems to work great (especially with pure T3).

tomisonbottom

I meant that after a few days of a specific dose I always get either excessive hyper or hypo symptoms and they intensify so I have to stop the thyroid. And have tried all sorts of doses and regimens. So, consistent use of thyroid just does not work for me, but occasional use to handle stress or boost immune system in the winter months seems to work great (especially with pure T3).

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Do you have a theory on what would cause that biochemistry wise?

Wayne J

I think the Dr. Broda Barnes protocol was:
BEFORE arising in morning take underarm temp and add .5 to 1 degree to it.
If you take it orally, the 'instant' thermometers might not reach the actual temp correctly, and a 2nd or 3rd temp would be needed to verify.
Next, take your pulse.
A temp below 97.8 degrees on arising may indicate hypothyroid. Ideally, 98.0F and later in the day 98.6F
Pulse should be at 78 or close to it unless you're an athlete or work out significantly.
Temp at 3pm should be at or close to 98.6F
Dr Barnes was said to have cured MANY illnesses/conditions with just properly treating the thyroid.
Low Thyroid & Hypothyroidism

Dose should be increased .5 grain of NDT or similar product every 2 weeks for the research animal
If you go with too low a dose and do not rise every 2 weeks by about .5 grain until sufficient amount is reached, the thyroid antibodies attack the thyroid gland and the rat could develop immune problems, thyroid nodules, sore throat, etc. An iodine protocol may be necessary.

Once the temps and pulse are in target range, and the rat 'feels good' You should have labs run on the rat on; FT3, FT4, the thyroid antibodies, and RT3.
FT3 should be in the upper 1/4 of the range, FT4 about mid point and TSH below 1 - ideally.
If you search for 'stopthethyroidmadness' for their website, it will explain a lot.
Hope this helps.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals