Topical Pregnenolone

dookie

I have tried many brands of oral pregnenolone over the years and they always cause bad side effects like headache, depersonalization, insomnia and restlessness. This even happens in doses less than 10 mg. I'm thinking of trying pregnenolone topically, by rubbing into the skin. Does anyone have experience with topical pregnenolone? Are the effects you felt different than taking it orally?

bluewren

dookie said:
post 101398 I have tried many brands of oral pregnenolone over the years and they always cause bad side effects like headache, depersonalization, insomnia and restlessness. This even happens in doses less than 10 mg. I'm thinking of trying pregnenolone topically, by rubbing into the skin. Does anyone have experience with topical pregnenolone? Are the effects you felt different than taking it orally?
I have found both oral and topical pregnenolone cause me insomnia. :2cents

Last edited by a moderator:

Makrosky

dookie said:
I have tried many brands of oral pregnenolone over the years and they always cause bad side effects like headache, depersonalization, insomnia and restlessness. This even happens in doses less than 10 mg. I'm thinking of trying pregnenolone topically, by rubbing into the skin. Does anyone have experience with topical pregnenolone? Are the effects you felt different than taking it orally?

Hey dookie,

For what's worth : I've only tried one brand of oral preg (MRM 50mg) and one topical preg (haidut dmso preg) and I can tell you the topical feels much better (it's a smaller dose also). Don't know the reason. It might be pure coincidence.

sladerunner69

I don't recall ever having any severe problems with prey, but DHEA has given me some pretty intense brain fog. It is quite difficult to concentrate one easing or just in general. I wouldn't stay too long on any supplemental hormone without taking a hiatus to refill homeostasis.

Frankdee20

Yeah, why the hell do people get headaches from it ? I am not the type to get head pain, unless hungover. However, just 10mgs of that Pregnenalone ***t causes one.

DavePalumbo

Yeah, why the hell do people get headaches from it ? I am not the type to get head pain, unless hungover. However, just 10mgs of that Pregnenalone ***t causes one.
Probably the nmda receptor as it controls the dilation of the blood vessels. This is the same reason for caffeine withdrawal headaches, because caffeine causes a release of glutamate.

Quality

I'm A Guy And I LOVE Progesterone

Just started pregnenolone (source natural pills 10mg, took a quarter = 2.5mg sublingual on empty stomach this morning)

T+1hour: minor relaxation yet not dulling
T+2hour: still minor relaxation yet not dulling
T+2hour 30mins: pressure on both sides of the head
T+3hour: proper headache now

lasted all the way till about an hour ago (at T+8hours roughly) I took 1200mg NAC sustain and 2gram taurine = headache completely gone, definatly NMDA related
It seems that pregnenolone sulfate is a sigma agonist and nmda potentiator, wheres as progesterone is has different effect such as MAO-A induction and sigma antagonist and one step closer to allopregnanolone.

Long story short: Pregnenolone in my body atleast seems to prefer to stack up as a 'reserve' into the pregnenolone sulfate pool and not going towards progesterone production.
I will try once/twice more on days that I dont have work as getting this headaches during work is bad for business. If I get to the same conclusion after that I will have to ditch the rest of the bottle of pregnenolone and get some topical progesterone.

For those planning to try pregnenolone: Keep NAC/taurine or some other mild nmda-antagonist in arms reach incase you get headache like symptoms.

Frankdee20

Just started pregnenolone (source natural pills 10mg, took a quarter = 2.5mg sublingual on empty stomach this morning)

lasted all the way till about an hour ago (at T+8hours roughly) I took 1200mg NAC sustain and 2gram taurine = headache completely gone, definatly NMDA related
It seems that pregnenolone sulfate is a sigma agonist and nmda potentiator, wheres as progesterone is has different effect such as MAO-A induction and sigma antagonist and one step closer to allopregnanolone.

Long story short: Pregnenolone in my body atleast seems to prefer to stack up as a 'reserve' into the pregnenolone sulfate pool and not going towards progesterone production.
I will try once/twice more on days that I dont have work as getting this headaches during work is bad for business. If I get to the same conclusion after that I will have to ditch the rest of the bottle of pregnenolone and get some topical progesterone.

For those planning to try pregnenolone: Keep NAC/taurine or some other mild nmda-antagonist in arms reach incase you get headache like symptoms.

Magnesium and zinc also antagonize that receptor.

Frankdee20

I had the same issues at first, then stopped, resumed at lower dose. After sticking with it, one gets better results. Overall, Pregnenalone is unpredictable in its conversion pathways.

jmojo

I'm interested in making my own topical pregnenolone. I have the pure micronized powder. What's the best way to go about making it into a solution? Alcohol? Coconut oil? Does it need to be heated to a certain temp?

I'm interested in making my own topical pregnenolone. I have the pure micronized powder. What's the best way to go about making it into a solution? Alcohol? Coconut oil? Does it need to be heated to a certain temp?

I'd say castor oil is best choice for transdermal pregnenolone.

Frankdee20

Ray said it’s notoriously hard to disperse in any carrier

Mauritio

For the last week I have been trying a topical pregnenolone cream as face cream for a healthy skin and I noticed some androgenic symptoms e.g. that my muscles are a lot bigger .
Its pretty weird since I never noticed this before and i only applied it to my face, but i noticed someone staring at my arms and I dont fit in the same shirt at work as well anymore so its definitely noticable. My voice is also deeper and morning wood is ever present .

I also tried stressnon but never more than 2 drops topically while its definitely having effects its doenst have those effects . I have used it for pain or after food but even applied topically I never got those results for some reason . 2 drops would be 3,4mg ,which is close to the amount that I got from the other product. So it's weird that results are so different since I would trust a idelabs over a generic standard product that I got from iherb .
The other product also has some other peaty ingredients like vitamin e , saturated fatty acids, vitamin a , but the amounts must be tiny .
Plus like the poster before me said :"Ray said it’s notoriously hard to disperse in any carrier" and I would guess that haiduts carriers are the best on the market.
Overall I can't really make sense of all this .

If I had to guess , I would say that it mainly goes down the testosterone way with minimal aromatization .
Meaning my muscles look full the day after and no saggy chest or puffy nipples, I'd say even less than normal . One pump is 15mg so I'd say I'm taking around 5mg most of the time.

Mauritio

This is what haidut said on topical pregnenolone beeing more androgenic:

I think taking 10mg pregnenolone 5-10 times daily orally will have very different effect than taking 50mg - 100mg in a single setting. It would be more balanced in smaller, frequent doses as it would go down both the progesterone and DHEA pathyways. In higher single doses it would be mostly a progesterone and allopregnanolone effect, so not very androgenic for males but maybe perfect for females. Topical pregnenolone (dissolved in DMSO) will to gown along 3 pathways - the 5-AR route (5a-DHP, allopregnanolone), the 3b-HSD route (DHEA) route, and remaining as unchanged pregnenolone. Exactly what percentage of the pregnenolone will go down each route is unknown, but it is known that topical pregnenolone feels more androgenic than oral (at the same dose) and seems to stimulate conversion of DHEA down the androgen pathways and away from estrogen. The scrotal application of pregnenolone/dhea/K is probably the best way for males to raise serum androgens and have most of pregnenolone and DHEA go down the androgen pathway. Oral pregnenolone will give more of a progesterone response, and topical (but not on scrotum) will give some androgenic, some progesterone and some unchanged pregnenolnoe response. Since the optimal way for everybody is different, I suggest experimenting with different doses and routes and sticking with the one that makes you feel best.