TocoVit - Liquid Vitamin E From Wheat Germ Oil

Waynish

You mean use food to substitute for vitamin E? Please clarify.

The question is about the logic behind separating K & E supplements. We don't do this with food, right? For example, I'll eat a block of aged cheese (high in K2) with some high vitamin E meats simultaneously... So, if there are side effects of taking both supplements at the same time - but not both foods at the same time - then perhaps there's something we're missing.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
The question is about the logic behind separating K & E supplements. We don't do this with food, right? For example, I'll eat a block of aged cheese (high in K2) with some high vitamin E meats simultaneously... So, if there are side effects of taking both supplements at the same time - but not both foods at the same time - then perhaps there's something we're missing.

I think the amount matters. In food, there is usually not enough vitamin K to interfere with vitamin E or vice versa. So, eating liver is not an issue since there is probably about 1mg K2 per kilo of liver. But with supplements where big amounts can get mixed, taking separately or keeping amounts smaller if taken together is probably not a bad idea.

Waynish

I think the amount matters. In food, there is usually not enough vitamin K to interfere with vitamin E or vice versa. So, eating liver is not an issue since there is probably about 1mg K2 per kilo of liver. But with supplements where big amounts can get mixed, taking separately or keeping amounts smaller if taken together is probably not a bad idea.

Makes sense, but my thinking was more along the lines of: if we know why mixing them a certain way causes problems, then we can make better supplement protocols.

Luk3

Hi, @haidut. I’d like to purchase both Tocovit and Magnoil, but after shipping costs and import charges to the UK, it will be a bit pricey. If I used just 5 drops of Tocovit and 10 drops of Magnoil daily, as opposed to the 20 drop serving stated on the bottles, would that be enough to see benefits? Thanks.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hi, @haidut. I’d like to purchase both Tocovit and Magnoil, but after shipping costs and import charges to the UK, it will be a bit pricey. If I used just 5 drops of Tocovit and 10 drops of Magnoil daily, as opposed to the 20 drop serving stated on the bottles, would that be enough to see benefits? Thanks.

I sent you a PM.

whodathunkit

Tocovit is a VERY potent estrogen suppressant. In the largish 20-drop dose on the label, which I sometimes use to block PUFA absorption if I’m being bad, it will ALWAYS bring on menstruation after just a couple days.

12 drops seems to be a good dose of E without bringing my estrogen too low. I could have really used this stuff years ago when in the throes of extreme estrogen dominance. I don’t really need it for estrogen suppression these days (truth be told I’m a little annoyed by this particular side atm, LOL) but I find my reaction to and the efficacy of the product exceedingly noteworthy.

Good job, @haidut!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Tocovit is a VERY potent estrogen suppressant. In the largish 20-drop dose on the label, which I sometimes use to block PUFA absorption if I’m being bad, it will ALWAYS bring on menstruation after just a couple days.

12 drops seems to be a good dose of E without bringing my estrogen too low. I could have really used this stuff years ago when in the throes of extreme estrogen dominance. I don’t really need it for estrogen suppression these days (truth be told I’m a little annoyed by this particular side atm, LOL) but I find my reaction to and the efficacy of the product exceedingly noteworthy.

Amazing feedback, thanks!

andrei

Hello @haidut i am starting tocovit today. I am wondering about 750 iu. How did u derive the dose? I remember peat referring to much smaller amounts, in the 100-200 range.
I have no reason to 'save' on it. I would just like to know what is a good starting dose. Around 4 drops maybe?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hello @haidut i am starting tocovit today. I am wondering about 750 iu. How did u derive the dose? I remember peat referring to much smaller amounts, in the 100-200 range.
I have no reason to 'save' on it. I would just like to know what is a good starting dose. Around 4 drops maybe?

The 20 drops is not a recommended dose. I simply created a bottle that offers about the same amount as other products on the market and would have 30 servings if used at 20 drops. Given Peat's recommendations for less, I think as "little" as 5-10 drops may be enough for most people but it would depend on estrogen dominance overall health. Some people have reported great effects from 5 drops daily while others reported they needed 15-20 drops to improve their issues related to things like post-menopausal symptoms, gyno, inflammation, prostate issues, etc.

Risingfire

Has anyone ever tried combining a caffeine and tocovit concoction to excess fat areas of their body? I applied 20 drops of vitamin E along with 200 mgs of caffeine to my abdomen. It sedated me and my stomach hasn't felt that relaxed in years.

Arrade

@haidut thinking about purchasing and taking orally.
Aiming for 400 iu daily

I'm also taking a lot of K and D and would rather not diminish that, as I feel I need them more than the E.

What do you think about adding this? Is two hours between E and K enough to not mess with their absorption?
And does Tocovit need to be taken with fat?

Scenes

Aiming for 400 iu daily

I'm also taking a lot of K and D and would rather not diminish that, as I feel I need them more than the E.

What do you think about adding this? Is two hours between E and K enough to not mess with their absorption?

Personally, I find Tocovit far more useful for what I’m chasing (hair, libido etc) than D and K ever were.

Not sure how that fits in the calcification theory being thrown around here recently. Vit A has also been good.

No regrowth, but hair looks much healthier and shedding stopped almost immediately upon using Tocovit and minimising use of almost all other supps.

Arrade

Personally, I find Tocovit far more useful for what I’m chasing (hair, libido etc) than D and K ever were.

Not sure how that fits in the calcification theory being thrown around here recently. Vit A has also been good.

No regrowth, but hair looks much healthier and shedding stopped almost immediately upon using Tocovit and minimising use of almost all other supps.

Interesting. Definitely want to try it for myself. :cool

andrei

how much tocovit do u use?

Arrade

Aiming for 400 iu daily

@haidut ?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Yes, it should be OK. I would take the K first since it disappears from the blood within 30min and then a few hours later you can take the TocoVit.

golder

In the interests of experimentation, would you be kind enough to let me know if you experience the same effects on the 'new' formulation of Tocovit since Haidut purified into just the mixed tocopherols/policosanol. Thanks Whodathunkit.

hmac

I tried Tocovit for my mild gyno. There is a definite shrinking of glandular tissue and nipple size. I'll continue taking it to see how this progresses, but it's pretty crazy. I've been taking vitamin E for several years and have never seen an effect. Nor have I seen an effect from any supplement, really. I also took a few drops of magnoil, so I suppose I should try it on it's own next. Will report back in a few weeks with more info... pretty interesting though!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals