To Haidut : What Do You Usually Eat In A Day?

HDD

For a long time I've been a belieber in infections as main pattern-holders. The therapeutic triad of extra potassium, niacin, and vit C provide support for recovery. Gerson included iodine in his protocol along with thyroid (I suspect it's for immunity), it can be a questionable cherry on top of those.

There you go again, why would you say thyroid rather than iodine is a questionable cherry on top since you clearly support Gerson?

Dobbler

for @haidut in the light of your recent posts about gut bacteria/endotoxin/serotonin being the source of all evil, what you think of therapeutic fasts of few days to deplete / heal gut bacteria instead of antibiotics? I know its not really "Peaty" thing but seems to be one of the first line treatments in one of the other unnamed forum that has been mentioned in this thread?

L

lollipop

I left the name out because idk if we are allowed to "advertise" other forums here. Theres no hidden agenda behind it ...
I did not feel you did. I was barely awake and it made me laugh thinking about Harry Potter. I assume you mean Hackstasis. It seems you are asking a genuine question. No reason to be afraid to name it :):

haidut

Forum Supporter
for @haidut in the light of your recent posts about gut bacteria/endotoxin/serotonin being the source of all evil, what you think of therapeutic fasts of few days to deplete / heal gut bacteria instead of antibiotics? I know its not really "Peaty" thing but seems to be one of the first line treatments in one of the other unnamed forum that has been mentioned in this thread?

Fasting will not deplete the bacteria and for issues like Candida (which I also posted about) will likely make it even more invasive. The fasting simply reduces endotoxin load due to less food reaching the gut and less endotoxin being produced. The same effects can be achieved by eating extremely easily digestive foods like for example drinking amino acids and orange juice. This way the person won't waste away and they still get the benefit of low endotoxin.
Amino Acid Supplementation For People With Poor Digestion

Peat said a few times he does not approve of complete fasting but if the person drinks OJ during the fast then it could give more benefits than harm.

Cirion

As long as it is balanced with gelatin I think it is a very good source of protein. I typically eat my beef with eggs as I find that for some reason egg yolks (but not whites) help with both digestion and limit the inflammatory response of muscle meats. Not sure what the reason is, maybe the extra cholesterol in eggs??

What about the PUFA in eggs? I love everything about eggs except the PUFA's...

haidut

Forum Supporter
What about the PUFA in eggs? I love everything about eggs except the PUFA's...

If you eat a decent amount of saturated fat with the eggs it should not be a problem. So, butter and the fat in beef should provide enough SFA to balance the PUFA and you can also take some vitamin E once weekly to reduce risk even more.

Wagner83

If you eat a decent amount of saturated fat with the eggs it should not be a problem. So, butter and the fat in beef should provide enough SFA to balance the PUFA and you can also take some vitamin E once weekly to reduce risk even more.
Earlier you said you got all the steroids you needed from the cholesterol in your diet (and hormones in organ meats), is there any amount of cholesterol that you do best on, any number of egg yolks after which you start seeing negative effects? I have seen a few people do very well hormone-wise when they consumed 6 yolks per day. Shrimps are also high in cholesterol, as well as selenium, very low in fat (so no PUFAs issue), but I don't know how well the cholesterol is preserved upon thorough cooking.
Dietary cholesterol appears to be a possibly very important tool, as the body adapts some but a higher intake will still be mostly used up (up until a certain point): Incomprehensive/ble Notes On Choline

B

Braveheart

love my scrambled eggs with ground steak...tsp coconutoil

Cirion

Earlier you said you got all the steroids you needed from the cholesterol in your diet (and hormones in organ meats), is there any amount of cholesterol that you do best on, any number of egg yolks after which you start seeing negative effects? I have seen a few people do very well hormone-wise when they consumed 6 yolks per day. Shrimps are also high in cholesterol, as well as selenium, very low in fat (so no PUFAs issue), but I don't know how well the cholesterol is preserved upon thorough cooking.
Dietary cholesterol appears to be a possibly very important tool, as the body adapts some but a higher intake will still be mostly used up (up until a certain point): Incomprehensive/ble Notes On Choline

I would be curious about this as well. What is (roughly) the optimal amount of eggs per day to get the maximum benefit from cholesterol (or what is the optimal amount in general), while having the least damage from PUFA? Eggs are basically the best food for cholesterol (which later gets converted to many hormones, testosterone being one of them), so I definitely want as much as I can get!

Ray Peat says depending on the source of the egg he only eats one per day. I'm dubious about that being optimal though. I get it, I know why PUFA's are demonized, but still.

RP also says that 600 mg (I believe I read this somewhere) cholesterol is optimal, but that's actually pretty low. In my Keto days, I had probably upwards of 4000+mg on many days and had intense libido at times (Granted, some of that may have been due to the "insatiable desire" RP mentions... but to ignore the fact I had lots of cholesterol would be ignorant IMO), and tbh, though my energy is better on RP, the libido is still less than it was on keto. I think I need more cholesterol.

D

Deleted member 5487

Don't you feel underfed without starches? Or is that just during the adjustment period? Without starch-energy, I seem to really struggle.

simply not eating caloriclly dense foods. A glass of OJ is nothing.

OJ+Frozen mango+simple syrup with dairy protein
or
dates+simple syrup coffee with meat

You will have plenty of energy if u have enough b1

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals